Karl Rove: McCain is lying

Princeps

More bombs than God
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/

Here's the clip, by way of the Jed Report, of Rove pontificating on "Fox News Sunday" earlier today. I didn't watch the interview, and in context, I suspect Rove had just finished accusing the Obama campaign of some kind of dishonesty.

But host Chris Wallace asked, "All right, for fair game, what does McCain do that goes one step too far?"

Rove responded, "McCain has similarly gone one step too far, attributing to Obama things that are, you know, beyond the 100% truth test."

It didn't take long for the Obama campaign to issue a response: "In case anyone was still wondering whether John McCain is running the sleaziest, most dishonest campaign in history, today Karl Rove -- the man who held the previous record -- said McCain's ads have gone too far."

No doubt coming soon to an ad near you.

I think it's a fair question. Even Karl Rove -- the most obscene political scumbag out there -- admits McCain is lying, doesn't that make McCain's campaign quite sleezy?

McCain as of late has been playing slime ball. Especialy since he started polling ahead when he nominated the pig wearing lipstick Palin as his VP. Now he's basicly gloating to Obama.
s

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/

I think it's a fair question. Even Karl Rove -- the most obscene political scumbag out there -- admits McCain is lying, doesn't that make McCain's campaign quite sleezy?

So we're going to take Karl Rove's word on this? If he "held the previous record", I'll have a hard time believing anything he says.

That said, I think both campaigns have sucked royally and show just how far and fast our government is falling.

This has been a pretty benign relative to the politics I've seen before. It's pretty boring quite honestly. Maybe I've partially immunized to politics.

So we're going to take Karl Rove's word on this? If he "held the previous record", I'll have a hard time believing anything he says.
Well, McCain did hire Rove's guys, as well as the guy who did him in in 2000 (the guy who made the McCain black baby scheme)

I've not seen actual lies only intentional conflating from McCain's camp regarding Obama, things intended to deceive but not actually a lie once you separate and unconflate the statements.

With Palin, they just outright lie to their supporters.

Forgive me for not keeping up with recent political attack ads. What has McCain's team been saying that's obviously a lie? Please provide examples of the more outrageous lies.
When Obama used "Lipstick on a pig" to describe McCain's policy proposals, the McCain campaign claimed that Obama was calling Palin a pig. Obviously, by admission, without the lipstick, she is a pit bull.

Forgive me for not keeping up with recent political attack ads. What has McCain's team been saying that's obviously a lie? Please provide examples of the more outrageous lies.

Not outrageous, but consistent!

This may be McCain's undoing because if Bush has taught us anything, it is this: If you're gonna lie, lie big.

He continues to misrepresent his tax policy proposals.

When Obama used "Lipstick on a pig" to describe McCain's policy proposals, the McCain campaign claimed that Obama was calling Palin a pig. Obviously, by admission, without the lipstick, she is a pit bull.
Yes, that idiocy was ... idiotic from McCain's team, but that seems hardly outrageous.

Teaching sex to kindergartners comes to mind.
Zoinks! That's crazy.

The only person who claimed anything about OUTRAGEOUS lies in this thread is you.
Oh.

Well, a lot of other people used words just as strong as "outrageous", in my opinion. Well, if it's just extremely frequent lying, well, I guess that's just as bad.

Like some quote in somebody's signature: "The bigger the lie, the more likely people will believe it."

So McCain's mistake was actually NOT making outrageous lies. :D

If I was Palin, I would be pretty outraged that the McCain campaign was so quick to assume that the pig was me.
Actually, I had thought of that. It was actually McCain's team calling her a pig.

Factcheck claims that McCain's camp was intentionally distorting Factcheck articles when it comes to Obama.

Top Bottom