KaTiON's Space Maps

I am trying to build sea tunnels without success. I can see AI is able to build them. I have all techs which AI has

any tips?

Attachments

• Hua_Imm_Gig_Sta_Mar_Pre_2555-BC_Tem_Med_Oct-31-2018_21-12-59.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.6 MB · Views: 222
I am trying to build sea tunnels without success. I can see AI is able to build them. I have all techs which AI has

any tips?
You need to build Constructor Ship.
You MUST unselect "Hide Obsolete Workers Action" in BUG options (Caveman2Cosmos tab).

I see you don't use SVN - you have unresearched techs in Industrial - Information eras.
Spoiler :
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-11-01 09-23-07-07.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-11-01 09-23-20-58.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-11-01 09-23-31-11.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-11-01 09-23-11-20.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-11-01 09-23-38-45.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-11-01 09-23-27-27.jpg

With SVN cities will have generally higher production (weakest production buildings were buffed), and there is bunch of fixes in space stuff.
You can easily check if you have SVN - check civics screen to see yellow strategy text.
Tech Tree has rainbow color scheme.

You can safely continue game with SVN.
1. Download tortoise
2. Create folder named Caveman2Comos in Mods folder, this folder is where BTS exe is.
3. Rightclick this folder and press "SVN Checkout"
4. Window will popup.
URL of Repository must be https://svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk
Checkout directory must be Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
5. Delete cache, its here:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword

Last edited:
You need to build Constructor Ship.
You MUST unselect "Hide Obsolete Workers Action" in BUG options (Caveman2Cosmos tab).

I see you don't use SVN - you have unresearched techs in Industrial - Information eras.

With SVN cities will have generally higher production (weakest production buildings were buffed), and there is bunch of fixes in space stuff.
You can easily check if you have SVN - check civics screen to see yellow strategy text.
Tech Tree has rainbow color scheme.

You can safely continue game with SVN.
1. Download tortoise
2. Create folder named Caveman2Comos in Mods folder, this folder is where BTS exe is.
3. Rightclick this folder and press "SVN Checkout"
4. Window will popup.
URL of Repository must be https://svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk
Checkout directory must be Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
5. Delete cache, its here:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword

I have SVN. i missed step 5, of clearing the Cache

I doubt that will still allow you to build tunnels.

@raxo2222 is this an issue of tunnels being inferior to maglevs and such? I wonder if it would work if we made a tunnel variant for different route types.

I doubt that will still allow you to build tunnels.

@raxo2222 is this an issue of tunnels being inferior to maglevs and such? I wonder if it would work if we made a tunnel variant for different route types.
Routes aren't linear, as there are types, that aren't buildable on Earth land tiles.
Making variants only would make unnecessary mess.
Unchecking that BUG option (Hide Obsolete Workers Actions) WILL make it work - I reported bug to Toffer, but he said its done in DLL.
I think this BUG option might be improperly working for some improvements too.

Last edited:
it worked :)
now i am able to build tunnels.

now that greece has collapsed due to crime, I am #1 also . seems like AI really can not handle crime, esp as they sell all their cops to you

@raxo2222 in the tiny map I remember reading complaints that having seven civs makes the map a bit cramped.

What do you think about there being just three or four but where each one has the seven basic culture pseudo wonders from the start?

@raxo2222 in the tiny map I remember reading complaints that having seven civs makes the map a bit cramped.

What do you think about there being just three or four but where each one has the seven basic culture pseudo wonders from the start?
Its impossible to add 7 culture pseudo wonders.
You would have copycat one of vokayras wonder, that adds continental culture.
That is new 7 autobuilt buildings would be needed.

Last edited:
Thanks!

That leads me to a question: Your large Solar System map has a height of 200 tiles. Is this the maximum that can be achieved or can there be more?

The cause of my question: The Earth part of this map is 124x55. This is not a size of the mapscripts I have checked as a replacement. If I try to insert a 120x80 map then I need to cut off 4 tiles from right or left (not too difficult) and have to increase the height of the map to 225. Is this reasonable?
Alternatives would be to use a smaller map e.g. 108x72 (with the need to still increase the height to 217 and cut off more to the right or left) or to reduce the height of the space part of the map (possible but tedious).

Thanks!

That leads me to a question: Your large Solar System map has a height of 200 tiles. Is this the maximum that can be achieved or can there be more?

Yes, if you look around this thread you will find my attempts at figuring out how tall I could make it. I remember I managed to get to 204 before it no longer worked, so I choose 200 as a safe margin. The tallness itself was a compromise I made with @raxo2222 because I wanted to create "boxed" regions (different zones at the same height) in an attempt to avoid having too many plots.
The cause of my question: The Earth part of this map is 124x55. This is not a size of the mapscripts I have checked as a replacement. If I try to insert a 120x80 map then I need to cut off 4 tiles from right or left (not too difficult) and have to increase the height of the map to 225. Is this reasonable?
Alternatives would be to use a smaller map e.g. 108x72 (with the need to still increase the height to 217 and cut off more to the right or left) or to reduce the height of the space part of the map (possible but tedious).

In the past the earth part was the size of a mapscript (I think 110x55), but @raxo2222 found out that animals weren't getting their proper spawns as the UK wasn't in the prime meridian. Another issue is that if I wanted to solve that then the shift would meant that Earth would be "cut up" in the minimap, which I didn't like.

To solve that I had to expand horizontally, thus the non conforming map size.

I still plan on doing a smaller earth map but these things take many hours of my time as you might imagine, so the motivation isn't there yet. :lol:

@Snofru1 though I think its easy to change the mapscript so it generates a map according to different size requirements.

Good input! For the 1st time in my life I looked through a mapscript (Toffer´s World) and I was able to create a 124x56 map with it. No idea how to get a height of 55 as the numbers in the script are multiplied by 4 (14 x 4 = 56) but then it shouldn´t be too critical to increase the total map height to 201 (or delete just one line of tiles from the space area).

Can the map Large Solar System (v9) be played on an AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz, with 8GB of RAM with no lags?
Because of the first time I try to play a mod for CIV4BtS, I don't want to be mad about lagging during endgame turns, though 1 minute of turn time is reasonable to wait.

Yeah it's possible. In the early eras it's totally possible to have 1 minute or less turn times.

During industrial with your processor I think you will get around 5 minute turn times.

Keep me updated how turn times go for you.

Can the map Large Solar System (v9) be played on an AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz, with 8GB of RAM with no lags?
Because of the first time I try to play a mod for CIV4BtS, I don't want to be mad about lagging during endgame turns, though 1 minute of turn time is reasonable to wait.
Bear with C2C somewhat in general where turn times go. Once it gets to be an involved game it can lag out a bit - but it should be worth it by the time it does. I don't find it's too bad at first. One thing you can do to reduce lag some is to play multiplayer simultaneous turns - you can do this as one player in the game but it will let the AI take it's turns while you are so as to reduce the wait a bit at end turn.

I have started work on the Small Solar System scenario, the planning stage is about over and will start on actually mapping the thing.

At the moment I'm going for 105 x 45 (4725 tiles) which places it close to the newly standardized size of Small (4704 tiles), which would make it about 30% smaller compared to the Large Solar System scenario. If all goes well this version would give players even faster turn speeds. According to my calculations and depending on how close a player places cities, each civilization should be able to have 7-15 cities before encroaching on the borders of other civs.

I've yet to check how many tiles I need for the space portions. Attached is the draft I'll be using to map the landmasses.

Attachments

• Small Earth Map.png
    Small Earth Map.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 319
I have started work on the Small Solar System scenario, the planning stage is about over and will start on actually mapping the thing.

At the moment I'm going for 105 x 45 (4725 tiles) which places it close to the newly standardized size of Small (4704 tiles), which would make it about 30% smaller compared to the Large Solar System scenario. If all goes well this version would give players even faster turn speeds. According to my calculations and depending on how close a player places cities, each civilization should be able to have 7-15 cities before encroaching on the borders of other civs.

I've yet to check how many tiles I need for the space portions. Attached is the draft I'll be using to map the landmasses.
Earth on my space maps - 2640 tiles
Earth on your Tiny space map - 4704 tiles (78% larger earth compared to my spacemaps)
Earth on your Large space map - 6820 tiles (45%/158% bigger than your smaller map/my space maps).

So roughly there is 2100 tiles between next sizes when it comes to Earth surface area.
Also there is nice spacing between Earth sizes.

Make map 200 tiles tall, as I prefer larger space zones.
Orbit would be 3 tiles tall to prevent three tile radius cities from reaching Earth.
Then there would be 152 tiles for space zones in height - 13.8 (12.6 if Hyperspace is stacked on top) tiles per space zone on average.

Last edited:
Top Bottom