KaTiON's Space Maps

A query about the Large solar system map that's included, can you look at moving the Babylon start pos? They seem to always do the worst out of all the ai's on that map because they get blocked from expanding the the right by the Chinese really fast, and they can't expand left because of 1 title gaps blocked by animals. I've also noticed a jungle tile in the water next to one of the small islands on the right of papua

@ssmage the next version will have Babylon back to its original place in the fertile crescent in Mesopotamia. :)

Thank you for checking that jungle tile, I will correct it.

I'm playing on the large solar sysyem as Egypt, a couple things I've noticed: there's no (full) Niger river in africa, makes settling the Mali desert region even less appealing; also I've had some trouble placing a city capable of building egyptian culture, you need stone, flood plains and plains in city limits, but the stone is a bit too far away from the Nile river on both sides, maybe it could be moved closer together. I'm having a lot of fun in any case :). Greece colonized my continent, and Babylon has made a comeback at the expense of China despite being at war on three fronts for centuries. The only concern I have is that one of the two american civs is running away with the game with more than half an era of advantage on us in the old world, can't wait to meet them and see what happened.

To celebrate the impending v39 release. ;)

Large Solar System (v10)

• Middle-eastern civilization is now back in the Fertile Crescent (hoping it keeps expanding to India first as not to choke out the European nor the African civilization)
  • Changed a few civilization types to better fit their corresponding places. Greece -> Celts, Aztecs -> Iroquois, Egypt -> Zulu, Babylon -> Sumeria
  • It is now possible to island hop to Hawaii from the Pacific Islands
  • Added stone to the Nile Delta to allow the construction of the Egyptian culture
  • Added Niger river
  • Removed Jungle in coastal plot east of Papua New Guinea

Last edited:
Yes, but leave current ones for V39 users.

Similarly @KaTiON_PT @Pit2015 @TPEHEP and others must do that.

That is leave maps as is for V39 users and additionally provide maps for SVN users.

The Large Solar System map available in this thread is now only meant for SVN users, if you're playing in v39 use the already included scenario called "A Space Map - Large_Solar_System_v10".

I have found that in the mountain ranges that form the limits to the north and south of "Earth" in your map there are some cave features. Is this intended? I thought these mountains are just there to form the frontier to space...

Edit: In fact it is just one occurence in tile x=10 y=18.

Last edited:
Secondary earth should be removed from that tiny map, and all space zones except orbit should be minimum 7 tiles thick, so cities don't encroach other zones.
Earthly features in space should be removed, and you missed some terrains and features in space zones.
Put main Earth at bottom of map.

Secondary earth should be removed from that tiny map, and all space zones except orbit should be minimum 7 tiles thick, so cities don't encroach other zones.
Earthly features in space should be removed, and you missed some terrains and features in space zones.
Put main Earth at bottom of map.

I updated it for a user on discord.

I don't like space zones as lines (prefer them like proper planets like in the Large Solar System) but I won't be doing major overhauls like those in this map. I'd like much more to start anew.

I have found that in the mountain ranges that form the limits to the north and south of "Earth" in your map there are some cave features. Is this intended? I thought these mountains are just there to form the frontier to space...

Edit: In fact it is just one occurence in tile x=10 y=18.

Thanks, I will correct that.

Sorry for the bump, but is this compatible with Nov-2020's update?

EDIT: doesn't seem to be, any ideas how to update it?

Last edited:
Sorry for the bump, but is this compatible with Nov-2020's update?

EDIT: doesn't seem to be, any ideas how to update it?
Those are in mod already.
Large Solar System at least is in scenarios

My bad, it's the third map entry and it works just fine :)

What's the criteria for resources? I notice there are multiple historically important resource-productions completely missing, Baku's oil being the most obvious one.

My bad, it's the third map entry and it works just fine :)

What's the criteria for resources? I notice there are multiple historically important resource-productions completely missing, Baku's oil being the most obvious one.

It is almost impossible to create historically (geographically) reliable resources. There are a lot of them. And the map itself is not "a lot".

Plus - in the mod there is a mechanic of "detection" of resources on previously empty tiles, and therefore it is desirable to maintain the balance of empty/occupied tiles min - 5/1-3/1, otherwise visual horror will result.

Top Bottom