Keldath addons

the tech leak isn't firaxis it's from a mod - btw try this for a laugh - make a civ with it's cultural boundarys in a circle then build the great wall in a city which is nearer the inner ring boundary than the outer one and hey presto a great wall than encirvle the land inside your civ and not the outer boundary and looks totally useless ( ever get the feeling the great wall on map script wasn't well implemented? )

im now playing with my edited python files...takes twice as long to load the game, but it runs more smootlhy somehow and even fixes some issues i had..... about the xml linking to a real USA flag..read a post of me a few pages earlier, there i described how to do it..it's really simple..

btw, what difficulty level are you playing? with no CTD?

well, i did not yet find the problem you guys having with the CTD...but i found a temporarily solution(I think)..disabled the great wall from beeing build by the AI! as long as he doesnt build this thing..it'll be crash free :) maybe this is warlords related anyway..

Now playing - install from the file you posted Mr Genie -playing at Chieftian level on a large map generated by smart map (thanks for introducing me to that - it's great) and no CTD's yet but to renaissance though I don't think anyone has attacked a walled city yet ( I built the GWall though see my previous post). I do however still have the SEAL bug with the warlord's academy (BTW id it just me or does the Warlord figurine suck - I much preferred Sevo's Great General figurine.

Lol in my game it looks like the Barbarians have become a major power as I've just found on another continent a size 5 Barbarian city with walls , barracks and city guard :)

hey guys!!!

back from work,

genie, i see you made some proggress! good!

i wont have time until tommorow to make a stand alone for warlords
i am also waiting for mregenie to give me all the fixed files,
then ill be able to release.

also im fixing the vanilla version for all.

still waiting for reply from amra about his source code for using his mod.

oh and guys -

those who want a passive ai:
under the folder:
assets\xml\civilizations\
there a file:
leaderhead.info-aggressive.xml

this file is acctually for regular ai - passive un changed,
i made a mitake by not naming it passive,
so if you dont like my ai aggressivenes -
use this file instaed - just rename it.

Here's a vanilla bug: in 3500 BC I met Mansa Musa and he had a juggernaut!! This is a tiny quick game for me to play all the way through. I have random AI civs (I took a chance on the carthage thing). BTW - I have the all in one mod (loaded as kelgir newv3) if that helps you load.

And another one - a custom, tiny, quick game with only 3 other civs.

Kel, im all evening busy with understanding what those modders did with the python files...i didn't found time to do the fixes in the xml yet..
as I found out...Walls still crash..i can take out the walls..then there is 100% no CTD..but i that is stupid..playing without walls..because i don't think they cause the problem..something what is new in warlords must be causing it and i wanna track down the problem by removing game items one at a time..
as i figured out, if a human player builds all the wonders..there is no CTD..this is for sure!!! i cheated a game giving me as human all the wonders..then attacked cities..no CTD..then i cheated computer all the wonders, and dang, CTD...so probably mz game, and that of Firehawk..we just build the right wonder...Firehawk...could you please give me a list of the wonders you have build?

cp30....
yeah i know of this....

already fixed it.

they probably where a challange...
acctuaaly- i forgot to out a starting tech - so itss availble for mali from the begining.....

im working on version 4 already
and some other fixes were made.

im trying to kill al the text and wrong icons.

well finally CTD'ed on my game using Mr Genie's installation files and guess what AI attacking walled city again

remove the walls from beeing build! set the -1 to 0 and neither you nor AI can build it....temporarily solution :)

ADD
in this dir:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\kelgir-v3.1-WR\assets\xml\buildings
this file:
CORRECTION:CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml
find line:
<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
set the -1 to 0

meanwhile, I'll be narrowing the buildings which are corrupting..can you tell me which wonders the AI has build so far? which one you have build?

yep that is definitely the fix - I've attached the save at the exact moment of crash - just select my explorers and that will take you to the point on the map where when you end turn and the Ukranian swordsmen attack the city they will crash the game - hopefully this will help test any code to sort this out. Wonder if there's a way of monitor what code is accessed when the attack and crash
occurs
Wonder wise I've built pretty much every thing up to Notre dame - I'm pretty sure it's the great wall as if that isn't built the walled city attack appears to go ok - though I don't think removing it in world builder after it's be built will stop any crash as it seems to be something to do with script that runs to sort out the cultural limits of your civilisation that maybe doing things. View attachment 137498

With regards to the wall-related CTDs, does it only CTD when an AI attacks an AI w/ walls?

Also, could it be something related w/ cross referencing w/ the unique building "Dun" for the Celts?

When i got a ctd before, there was an error report with some sort of debugging information. I could only send the file to microsoft or not send it, it wouldn't let me save or copy it for my own benefit.

1) Was that debug info useful for this forum? I don't know how to debug programs beyond what i did with basic about 20 years ago!

2) Was there a way to get that data rather than blindly dumping it on MS (I have no idea what they would do with it, and i wouldda though debug info from non MS products would be illegal for them to collect or something).

well axil, if you understand assembler, you can debug the whole thing..i did that and as much as i understand assembler it crashes when it gets info from the .dll file..but unfortunatly i don't know how to look in this file...im sure it's not the dll, something the dll is accessing it must be wrong..but what?

mrgenie said:
remove the walls from beeing build! set the -1 to 0 and neither you nor AI can build it....temporarily solution :)

ADD
in this dir:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\kelgir-v3.1-WR\assets\xml\buildings
this file:
CORRECTION:CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml
find line:
<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
set the -1 to 0
so you change:
"<BuildingClassInfo>
<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_WALLS</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_WALLS</Description>
<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>"

to
"<BuildingClassInfo>
<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_WALLS</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_WALLS</Description>
<iMaxGlobalInstances>0</iMaxGlobalInstances>"
?

right, will disable the building from beeing build
since i doubt the walls are the cause of the CTD, this is not a solution...it's a get around...the actual corrupted code is still somewhere.

ok everyone,

i went through the python files,

i found a reffernce to walls.

i want all of you testers to do this:

take the attacked file,
extract it,
and delete or save in another folder the current python that you have,

and use the pyhon folder that i attached here.

this will cause some promotions not to be accessible,
some tank unit that will replace modern tank and a few other unit changes,
roman roads not to work , and perhaps a few others.
but it also might prevent the game from ctd,
i think it will be save compatible.

if my theory is right -then the ctd that you all have due to walls - are conneced to gir's addon.

after that ill try and fix the slowness in the city screen, also have a theory.

Attachments

• python.zip
    180.8 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom