Keldath addons

Is there some of sort logfile that would eb useful in debugging? it takes me about 5 minutes to go from clicking WL to playing the game (old computer) so it's hard to debug things using civ4 itself.

I loaded File Type: civwarlordssave AutoSave_BC-1720.CivWarlordsSave
nope crashed again at the same point.

I'll try a new game. Maybe whatever crashed was something that's usually not accessed, or it could even be firaxis code i suppose.

coudl be random access to missing xml entry..
will check on your savegame right away..
anyway..have enabled python routines on the roman roads, some other things, plus the GIR random promotions..
probably your error is because of promoting errors...I fixed (i hope) all the missing promotion xml's...I doubt it's savegame compatible though

I loaded File Type: civwarlordssave AutoSave_BC-1720.CivWarlordsSave
nope crashed again at the same point.
if it happens on the same point, could you please open worldbuilding and check if it's again the CTD because of enemy attacking a city with citywalls?

thats ok, ive went ahead and reinstalled everything. i am going to start a new game. its possible i missed something during my first attempt. after all my head is still ringing from last nites concert. ive got some coffee in me now so im thinking clearer

hum is anyone else getting a bunch of xml errors upon loading a new game? heres what ive done. reinstalled the original amra, 5uuus. its the one with hebrew writing. then instaled all patches from 1 to 12 in order. should i switch to the download that allready has patch 1-3 in it?

hey rocking, no noone else got xml errors,

i suggest you isntall amra+5uu with patch 1-3 then the other patches -

me and mrgenie noticed somthing that mught indicte of 6 people who didnt use ine of the patches.

but im attempting to to what you described and load your game

anyway - mrgenie will release an all in one version in a few hours

cool looking forward to new version, in current game im at year 1080 bc. im patched to 12. so far so good except intial xml errors. that was just upon loading the mod though

well , this is ment for the lead programing dudes of this mod

i think that this mod has WAY TOO MANY CIVS !!
you are wasting good UU units on some strange civs that no one plays , instead on investing the big ones , adding them more UU units !
why have English and Breton civs when you can have English civs with 10 !! UU ?

it would be a lot easier for you to develop lets say 20 civs than 30 !! civs
you can take all those european like units from some small civ and give it to one the great civs and in that way you may have less civs but each one has lots of UU that accualy related to it (you got some units that are unrelated )

what can be better that that ?

just give it a thought for the upcoming releases

thanx

ok guys - we think we made an error with patch 12 - dont use it plz yet. check later in the site,

carnivore,

i agree with what you say,
for now me and mrgenie - are delying development for 3 days -till then we will only fix bugs and "cosmetics".

and hear reports on game play - then we will continue adding stuff.

i will consider the changing of the civ - its an interesting thought

why have English and Breton civs when you can have English civs with 10 !! UU ?

Perhaps because people like me would rather play Breton than England :) (shouldn't be English anyway) ( for a start the longbow of Agicourt fame wasn't even english (same with the so-called 'english' red coat heroes of Rouke's Drift ;) ) . I tend to play random civs so the more variation the better for me.

BTW it may be a bug or a glitch but for some reason about the time I was researching NATO I sudden found my treasury increase by 45000 gold !!!? (patch 9)

Also maybe it would an idea to rework where war art fits in as at the moment unless you're UU is a chariot it seems totally pointess researching it. It was much better on the route to bronze working (sevo style)

EDIT It also imho be an idea to tone down the partisians a little as there appear to be well over powered. In my recent game I was taking cities with tanks and infantry only to find 3-5 partisian's spawning which with the damage that the spawn does to my armies then proceed to take the city back. In reality that sort of level of resistance would take time to develop as the shock of the capture of the city would have to wear off first.

keldath said:
i myself play in the vanilla now.

Are you still playing your version 3 with patch? Or, have you developed another version or series of patches for vanilla?

hi Keldath, patch 9 was what i was playing with (mentioned it in my post)

Was quite surprised with how the mod played for me. Even though i was playing at warlord level I did find the AI's tended to still be pushing me all the way until I won on a cultural victory. I had to rush that as One of the AI's was ahead of me on the space race and another had managed to get more votes than me on the UN and I was having to block it from becoming the head of the UN even though I had built it myself. The AI certainly does appear to be better in WR than vanilla

update playing as dutch. same game as previous post. through patch 12. current year 1565, fighting the pakistianis and scandanavians. using ranged bombardment to attack city. other than intial xml when starting game no problems. I agree with axil i like varety (sp). lots of different civs. i play huge maps with between 18 - 24 civs.

AI in warlords version is way better than vannila Axil, even without mod :)

But they still dont win cultural victory :(

Ps: I finished a quick game, no problems, congratulations :)

Top Bottom