King stays at war with you, even after you in WoI

Krupo

Old-time newsgrouper
Woops, subject line is wrong - I'm referring to taxes.

I just won a glorious victory against King George, and the game sent me a notice (and the replay shows) that we signed a peace treaty after I wiped out the last of his ground forces.

The AI actually did something clever at the end too - it sent its last-shot boat of 4 units against my northern cities, a good 15-20 squares away from the main battlefield in the south (like a Florida - New York distance).

Fortunately I suspected the AI might do something sneaky - plus I had TONS of troops to spare - so my dragoons were in position, as were the local colonists, who had plenty of guns.

GAME WON!

Here's the bug:

The king's ships continue to surround your cities, (though at least you can sail past them), and you keep getting told to kiss his ring!

Is this because I disabled the time/Europe victory conditions?

After watching the ho-hum victory movie (wow, pretty lousy to throw all your resources at the first two movies and go cheap on the last one), this was just insult to injury.

Anyone else also notice this?

Edit - I will gladly post a follow-up with a saved game if anyone wants to see it; I'm assuming others have seen this before too?

So I noticed Dale's patch fixes this. Cool.

Top Bottom