Kingdom of Cilicia

I'm playing as the Byzantines, and the Armenians just collapsed around 1075. When do the Armenians respawn as Cilicia? I also control Tarsus.

Answer can be found in the python's files
Pedia: 1080AD
In my game 1202AD
p.s. raze Sis, keep good stability to avoid Ashot respawn

I want them to respawn. Will they not respawn because I have +80 stability and Tarsus?

Will they respawn as Armenia eventually?

Or should I have sent units over there to protect them?

Well, at the moment, they won't. Armenia will always respawn as Cilicia, never back in Armenia- it's much easier if you just protect them in the first place (though in my experience they usually collapse out of internal instability or barbarians, since no one has the troops to spare to attack them until at least the 1200s).

I'll have to restart and focus on getting those catafrackers.

It's funny, I posted a strategy guide on the Byzantines about a year ago. How easily I forgot everything.

Alright it was very simple. By going for Cataphracts before engineering and education, I was able to start making those catafrackinfrackers by 1020. Then I sent about 5 horsemen, 3 cataphracts, and a few foot soldiers over to Armenia to protect Armenia and Georgia while I produced about 10-15 more cataphracts at home for Rum.

Armenia and Georgia became very stable, with Armenia expanding like crazy with a large army (since I game them technology for lancers), and Georgia peacefully vassalizing. Rum was annihilated, and my leftover army is unstoppable all the way to India. Antioch peace vassaled when I helped them against the Abbassids, and Jerusalem peace vassaled when I helped them take Sur. I took over Iraq and gave it to Antioch and Jerusalem, then I raized ALL of Iran to the ground, save one city in northeast Iran which I gave to Armenia. Now my horses move into Kazakhstan.

Yes, cataphracts are quite possibly the most overpowered UUs in the game (not that I'm complaining). Poor Rum, they actually have no counters against it.

Especially since I have about 20 of them with an anti missile cavalry UP now. It'll take about a decade for them to return home though. Won't even be the same soldiers anymore. The armies had children and died. Fifth generation soldiers.

If you don't win by domination before that, Mongol barbarians usually hit Armenia very hard. What difficulty are you playing anyway?

Medium.

Mongols are attacking Turkey now. I just defended a whole bunch of cities from the Mongols. They made Armenia from very solid to shaky, but that is okay.

Also, the Gazhvanids and Sindh are my vassals now. The only nations not under my control are the Delhi Sultunate, the Malwar, and the Altjmer (I forget the actually names of those Indian factions). I'll return back over to them in around a 100 years. I had to move my cataphracts back westward to reconquer cities lost to the Mongols and to defend Anatolia.

PS. Tigranes, I made my Skyrim character named after you. I know YOU'RE named after a famous Armenian, but your username brought the name into my train of thought.

Answer can be found in the python's files
Pedia: 1080AD
In my game 1202AD
p.s. raze Sis, keep good stability to avoid Ashot respawn

Sis can be one of the highest production cities (7 hills, horses, and enough food to work all 7 of those hills with mines) within easy access to the Byzantium empire. Why would you do a silly thing like that?

I typically found it ASAP and make it my main military city with a Heroic Epic. It's in a key spot very close to where you'll be doing most of your campaigning, and isn't affected by any fixed respawns of even barbarian invasions (I tend to vassalize Armenia early on and keep them alive just so I never have to worry about a respawn). It's actually a key city in my entire Byzantium strategy; probably my most important city next to the capital itself. I even build my summer palace there. If you're curious as to which city I make my military city before I can get Sis up and running, it's Ankyra. I typically have Sis ready to replace it by time Rum spawns, and soon Sis is starting to produce units so rapidly that I pretty much can go win with any victory condition I'd want.

Sis can be one of the highest production cities (7 hills, horses, and enough food to work all 7 of those hills with mines) within easy access to the Byzantium empire. Why would you do a silly thing like that?
Cilicia is too small for two cities, Sis takes too much from Tarsus. My preference: big Tartus and Kaysun(horse, iron, apple, honey) in Lesser Armenia:
Spoiler :

ah I see what you're doing there. I actually raze Tarsus and and Antioch and sometimes found Mersin. Sision gets the full BFC and dominates the region with top production in my empire.

ah I see what you're doing there. I actually raze Tarsus and and Antioch and sometimes found Mersin. Sision gets the full BFC and dominates the region with top production in my empire.
Harran and Hisn Kayfa - only for land control;) Tars is ideal for companies and spamming wonders (especially with Kizil Kule)

Top Bottom