KotOR Mafia - game thread

Please note that all players are welcome to read up on articles at Wookieepedia if there are any terms you do not understand.

I didn't say sooner, because it only struck me now. It was Zack's post describing my character as a 'paranoid bastard' that made me think. My role struck me as odd the moment I got it, when I read I can also scan it surprised me, came across as an afterthought.

EDIT2: Although I'm not sure why he voted for me first thing Day 2, if his scan was last night.

My reasoning behind that has already been explained, when I hinted at NinjaCow's death in a QT, you didn't act surprised. It was a pressure vote more than anything, I expected to take it off when a better target came along. In the end there was no need to unvote.

Quote-"*Unvote, Vote: johnhughthom*

I will not vote for SamSniped, as I think that case is baloney and I'm not important enough for a savewagon. Also, john's roleclaim is absurd. Sounds like an excuse for if someone catches him using an ability not in his cover role."

Did you just edit out a vote, Zack?

Bounty hunters can't harm anyone with a lightsaber, ATPG. Look at the rules, under "Combat".

Do me a favor folks, keep your private claims away from me. It is the same old story and I'd like to play like a normal player.

Sorry :p

But I do not treat you in a special way; I disseminate info from left to right

Bounty hunters can't harm anyone with a lightsaber, ATPG. Look at the rules, under "Combat".

I just heard not too long ago that some bounty hunters have lightsabers.

I wouldn't discount the possibility that they're dangerous. Bounty hunters are basically the most dangerous not-force-sensitives in the galaxy, and some of them hunt Jedi.

That, and not all important innocents in this game will be Jedi.

I doubt they're dangerous to "high-level Jedi," as you said. Maybe plebeians like me, but I did survive an attack N1.

Just re-read combat. Didn't you just say you lost your lightsaber, Zack?

Unarmed Jedi don't fare too well against blasters.

Why are you defending bounty hunter scum?

Yes.

Why the sudden change of heart regarding the lynching of neutrals?

Upon further reflection, Mercenaries are essentially serial killers.

They are definitely not pro-town, and they WILL work for scum if the price is right, and I have no reason to believe Sith Lords or whatever gangsters are in this game are poor.

neutrals are different; neutrals simply have survival as a VC.

I would agree to having a single bounty hunter working for the town on condition that they do not take any bounties from scum, because I am one of those folks who appreciates a serial killer working for the town until we get tired of them. But at the same time, multiple serial killers, some of whom we don't know the identities of, none of which are actually neutral or pro-town? No.

It's absolutely stupid to keep them around. We have the lynch, and I'm going to assume we have an actual pro-town vigilante Jedi somewhere. If not, I'd rather not have the option of using them, than have the option of Sith using them.

Now explain to me why we need large numbers of these floating around. They're a voting and murdering threat, and they are not pro-town and not actually neutral, in terms of "indifferent". They have a motive which has nothing to do with catching scum and does involve killing people for money.

Lynching Sith is the top priority, of course.

Next to that, I'd rather lynch bounty hunter scum, than let's say, a random townie.

You have a lead on Sith I'm all ears. Otherwise I'm keen on lynching Sam.

If you have no leads on Sith, and want Sam alive, I'm keen on lynching you instead to see whether John's scan is worth a damn.

Upon further reflection, Mercenaries are essentially serial killers.

They are definitely not pro-town, and they WILL work for scum if the price is right, and I have no reason to believe Sith Lords or whatever gangsters are in this game are poor.

neutrals are different; neutrals simply have survival as a VC.

I would agree to having a single bounty hunter working for the town on condition that they do not take any bounties from scum, because I am one of those folks who appreciates a serial killer working for the town until we get tired of them. But at the same time, multiple serial killers, some of whom we don't know the identities of, none of which are actually neutral or pro-town? No.

It's absolutely stupid to keep them around. We have the lynch, and I'm going to assume we have an actual pro-town vigilante Jedi somewhere. If not, I'd rather not have the option of using them, than have the option of Sith using them.

Now explain to me why we need large numbers of these floating around. They're a voting and murdering threat, and they are not pro-town and not actually neutral, in terms of "indifferent". They have a motive which has nothing to do with catching scum and does involve killing people for money.

I am a bounty hunter, yes, and my role PM says I am dark side aligned, yes, but that doesn't correspond with my victory condition, which is as a neutral- to survive. If someone on the good side or a neutral promises to protect me, I will work my hardest for a town victory. Also, Jarrema told me he was working with some townies behind the scenes. He said that he could save me if I roleclaimed to him; I said I was a Mandalorian who has a dark side alignemt, is neutral, and could be of use. Ask him if you don't believe me. And Jarrema, I'm still waiting.

I am Bendak Starkiller, a Mandalorian bounty hunter. Lynch me if you wish, but I could be a valuable asset to confirmed light side players if you keep me alive.

Why should we believe you're actually a survivalist and not a money VC guy?

Whoops. Error on my part. Wealth is my VC, my goal is survival. However, atpg said "I would agree to having a single bounty hunter working for the town on condition that they do not take any bounties from scum, because I am one of those folks who appreciates a serial killer working for the town until we get tired of them," and I would be willing to work with you guys. Light side wins, I get both my goals, it's a win-win situation.

Mandalorian=Boba Fett/Jango Fett in my mind and, by extension, =bounty hunters.

If someone on the good side or a neutral promises to protect me, I will work my hardest for a town victory.

On the flip side, if a dark side promises to keep you alive and help you achieve your VCs, you will work hard for them too.

unvote; vote: SamSniped

I am in Los Angeles for the next three weeks, with minimal access to the internet. You may WOG/replace me across all forums, as required. (here, and on the total war center and the org)

Sam if that is your role and not a cover role for a full scum it's too bad you're in this spot, sorry about that. I think it's a better lynch than Zack at this point and there's a lot of information in the earlier votes, it's the best move for the town to follow through and ensure the lynch now. If we had a good third lynch option and time to get votes we could have gone for it, but we really don't have the same level of evidence on anyone else and getting rid of a neutral killer is a positive for the town.

johnhughthom's information has really made some things clear to me also; Zack has provided us with lots of claims that can be confirmed and at the same time I'm willing to give jht the benefit of the doubt that he's done what he said. It definitely doesn't make too much sense for multiple people apparently having the same "light side vs. dark side" scanning ability. So it seems reasonable to me that someone's scan, not because of anything they can do about it, is simply a false scan that won't give accurate results and that can be looked into, and it might be that neither side is actually a scum there.

Top Bottom