Lamest/worst 90s guitar band?

I certainly can't think of any group that even comes close to being that bad. It wasn't even clear they were saying "hobo" instead of something a lot worse.

Grats?

A bit of googling and I came up with this:

Link to video.

Another song I didn't even know existed, like the rest in this thread so far. I guess I was too busy in the 90s doing stuff to watch much Mtv.

Didn't even see that requirement. OK how about this one I did know about but wish I didn't:

Link to video.

I was surprised by this from their Wikipedia page:

The music video for "Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe" was directed by Mark Pellington and it won the first MTV Europe Music Award for Best Video in 1994.

I watched MTV in the early 90s but I must have missed this group. Maybe they were never big in North America.

I remember when they were trying to make Joey Lawrence into a sex symbol with a pop music career while he was playing a male bimbo on Blossom. It was really sad.

Blur is fantastic. No matter how many times you post Girls and Boys and say it sucks, I will continue to say it rocks.

Blur were a good band. Parklife was a great album, though I rarely feel nostalgic enough to listen to it nowadays. IMHO Pulp were even better. This is Hardcode was excellent. I guess it helps that I was a teenager Britain at the time of the Britpop scene as it reminds me of my youth. A lot of it was though! My favourite British band from tat era was the Manic Street Preachers who I saw a few weeks ago live in Cardiff Castle.

The grunge scene had some fantastic bands (AIC, Nirvana, Soundgarden etc...) but, like Britpop, attracted a horde of grunge by numbers bandwaggoners. I always thought that Bush were a parasitical wannabe grunge band, even though they had some catchy tunes.

Top Bottom