Latitude

BJ Joey

Chieftain
So, I've just hunted a poor unsuspecting Mammoth and I've sent it over to Canterbury. I settled him as a Mammoth heard, then I built a Mammoth camp. So far, so good. But, that's where it ends. I now can't see do anything Mammoth related, like train a Mammoth rider. I need to build a Mammoth trainer for that. I've narrowed it down to needing to build at a minimum latitude of 40 degrees. I've looked for information on this, but couldn't find anything. Help please!

So, I've just hunted a poor unsuspecting Mammoth and I've sent it over to Canterbury. I settled him as a Mammoth heard, then I built a Mammoth camp. So far, so good. But, that's where it ends. I now can't see do anything Mammoth related, like train a Mammoth rider. I need to build a Mammoth trainer for that. I've narrowed it down to needing to build at a minimum latitude of 40 degrees. I've looked for information on this, but couldn't find anything. Help please!
You built it too far south, now you must hunt another and build one near top or bottom of map.

Yeah, alternatively build at bottom of map.
I guess mammoth camp needed same latitude requirement lmao
My point was that he mentioned something that sounded like an English city, which is much higher than 40 N latitude on Earth.
Of course, he never clarified what MAP this was happening on, lol, I'm just making a guess based on the city name alone.

My point was that he mentioned something that sounded like an English city, which is much higher than 40 N latitude on Earth.
Of course, he never clarified what MAP this was happening on, lol, I'm just making a guess based on the city name alone.
I built it low down and then sent one further up. Where can I see what latitude a city it to make sure?

I built it low down and then sent one further up. Where can I see what latitude a city it to make sure?
I'd start with posting a SCREENSHOT of your entire map, including the city in question.
Like I said, you dropped an British-sounding city name, but gave us exactly zero data on what MAP you are playing on to begin with.
For all I know, it could've been situated in your MAP's analogue for our Australia, loool.

The city name doesn't matter. It's a Pangea. I just wanted to know how to find out what latitude a city is in. I have no way of posting a decent screen shot.

I thought that the X and Y axis were the latitude (it made sense(. Is this not the case?

The city name doesn't matter. It's a Pangea. I just wanted to know how to find out what latitude a city is in. I have no way of posting a decent screen shot.

I thought that the X and Y axis were the latitude (it made sense(. Is this not the case?
They are used to determining it, sure, but it's a matter of recalculation nonetheless.
Say, for a map that is 90 rows high, each row is 2 degrees of latitude (for the total of 90 degrees both north and south), while the Equator sits at [y=44/45].
Maps also can have INCOMPLETE sets of latitude, something like [30; 60] meaning that the POLES are 30 degrees to the SOUTH and 60 degrees to the NORTH of the Equator.
Strange, yup, but that's how C2C (or maybe even Vanilla, dunno) works.
But I think that you have latitude/longitude outright spelled out (on the RIGHT SIDE) when hovering over a plot (you definitely see its X/Y coordinates there, so maybe this as well).

It's a space map, so it goes up further than I can see. The furthest I can see is Y68.

You have to use rescaled or no latitude modmod then
Just checked: Rescaled modmod only works for specific maps, so No latitude is a better choice.
But it's sad that there is no way (yet) to automatically scale latitude based on the size of the non-Space part of the map.

Top Bottom