Lava Terrain texture

Nope, ocean *should* work too. I used plains (useless terrain) as the base terrain, so no yellow flatlands i guess. I used my Winefromwater mod to make it look right.

GarretSidzaka said:
Nope, ocean *should* work too. I used plains (useless terrain) as the base terrain, so no yellow flatlands i guess. I used my Winefromwater mod to make it look right.

That works. Now it'll be interesting to see what resources people put there and how they plan on getting improvements on them! ;)

It looks like you planted fallout features on the lava, yes? Looks good. You can mod the fallout XML to appear only on lava tiles. By default they disappear over time, so you probably want to set their appear and disappear rates to be the same so you can watch the effect move around the map every few turns (though it's annoying to get popups when they do).

Good work. I'd echo woodelf that keeping variation on the tile very subtle will help prevent the appearance of patterns that reduce realism. If possible, make that long stretch of texture on the right half of the texture file one big pattern rather than the same, tiled pattern you use in the little squre. (I know WHAT to do, but not HOW to do this, so if you know how, kudos to you and please share :) )

Depending on what graphic software you use, maybe just open up the plainsblend texture and change the Hue and Intensity to orange... the plains texture is already well-blended.

it is nicely blended, but i wanted actual lava picture adapted for texture LOL
i did bring down the yellow spots mostly to orange tho. i updated the download up top.

It definitely is nice to have more realistic textures.

Where did you get the lava pics? Can you get a pattern that's much bigger and apply it to the right half of the texture file (the one with the big long stretch and the gradient on top)?

There's also a trick to getting images to tile properly -- do a Google search to find some possibilities.

Finally, are you using the "Detail" texture as well? That might be where you can put in your shading and 3D illusion. Look at the Ice Detail for an example.

It can be used for LotR mod

GarretSidzaka said:
I have been recently told this texture looks like ketchup with a little mustard mixed in :rotfl:

Heh, that's what I was thinking as well. A swirl of mustard!

thats why i recomend adding fallout over lava, looks like fumes and smooths texture. wont matter coz it's impassable anyway.

all we need now is a hotdog. mmmmm.... hebrew national hotdogs

Top Bottom