Leader Behavior Thread

woodelf said:
Oops. The Civ4LeaderheadInfos file is at work, but I didn't alter that at all yet. The only file I changed today was my own diplo and text file. So long as you don't alter any names we'll be on the same wavelength.

Tomorrow or the next day I'll do behavior.
Ah no forget about I meant the diploinf - just were posting in the wrong thread with the wrong thought:mischief:

Can I add that we don't have a ton of feedback for how these leaders are going to behave? I can go ahead and muddle through and then after playtesting can make alterations based on feedback. Is that good enough?

Ploep - When the Civ4LeaderheadInfos xml file was created how was it done? Did you guys simply overwrite the Vanilla and then c/p the rest? Did you try to match up Vanilla leaders with similar WH ones? What lines have you edited already? If the answer to any or all of the above is that you don't know and JP did most of it then I'll butcher it apart for my behavior.

woodelf said:
Ploep - When the Civ4LeaderheadInfos xml file was created how was it done? Did you guys simply overwrite the Vanilla and then c/p the rest? Did you try to match up Vanilla leaders with similar WH ones? What lines have you edited already? If the answer to any or all of the above is that you don't know and JP did most of it then I'll butcher it apart for my behavior.
I think JP tried to find similar vannila files and just changed names as I did myself. Get on butchering;)

That's what I needed to know. I'm finding more and more fields I'm going to manipulate so I hope to create some unique leaders.

Ok, here's the file Ploep. Filegone again.

Leaders tweaked:

Wu
Ariel
Orion
Takagura
Grimgor
Azhag
Finubar
Aenarion
Lucan
Marco
Karl
Magnus
Haargroth

Behaviors tweaked:

Spoiler :

iWonderConstructionRand
iBaseAttitude
iBasePeaceWeightRand
iWarmongerRespect
iTechTradeKnownPercent
iMaxWarRand
iMaxWarNearbyPowerRatio
iMaxWarDistantPowerRatio
iMaxWarMinAdjacentLandPercent
iLimitedWarRand
iLimitedWarPowerRatio
iDogPileWarRand
iMakePeaceRand
iRazeCityProb
iBuildUnitProb
iBaseAttackOddsChange
iWorseRankAttitudeChange
iBetterRankAttitudeChange
iCloseBordersAttitudeChange
iSameReligionAttitudeChangeLimit
iDifferentReligionAttitudeChange
Flavors
UNITAI

Thx a ton Woodelf. Curious how this will feel, heh. The Mod's already surpassed 230 MB and I still have packed files in and the orcs are missing. Next week will be tough finding appropriate unitstats for all those units:crazyeye:
I already needed three hours copying all the units into the folder only, puh. I admit though I took a lot from FFH too. I certainly wil sort out a few again.

No problem. I can't wait to see how differently they play. It's a work in progress during playtesting and once the (occassionally ungrateful) public gets their hands on it. :)

woodelf said:
No problem. I can't wait to see how differently they play. It's a work in progress during playtesting and once the (occassionally ungrateful) public gets their hands on it. :)
We'll see I think it would be better at least designing unitstats for five or six civs before we release and not to forget all of those units have to be attached to certain techs. That'll be a lot to do!
And I already shake in terror as I think what xml else I have to merge.

Shouldn't it still be in your recycling bin?

Its a folder on your desktop where all the files you have deleted go.

Oh not this one. anyway got a new one.;)

@Woodelf

I assume you meant unitai_city_defense not unitai_defense right? I changed that. Otherwise it seems to work so far. Curious how it plays as soon we got the units in:)

Edit: Changed Finubar to flavor gold instead of science (he's a trader) the rest I leave as is for playtesting just setting new traits.

Yeah, good catch. You could also use RESERVE. I don't know what it really does though.

Most of the Flavors I either left as is or did a best guess.

Now that serious playtesting has begun can you guys let me know what you think of the Leaders behavior? I want to see if it's in line with what you guys want in WHFB.

Top Bottom