[LP] Leader Pass: Rulers of England - 3/28 Developer Livestream w/ Andrew Johnson Discussion

Elizabeth and Victoria look fun. Elizabeth will be fun to raid with
Arrrr!!! Victoria is nudging towards her Germanic roots. 😁

Harald is fine but not what I was hoping for. (Elizabeth stole his enhanced raiding. Lol.) C'est la vie.

Will you make Balmoral her capital?
I was contemplating that. The thing is Balmoral is just a Countryside Castle, and not necessarily a city, or even a real settlement. It doesn't even appear on their current city list, though it can just be added.
I might just make it Edinburgh because that was/is the actual capital of Scotland since their union with England. At least it's more appropriate for her than Boudicca. :mischief:

I was hoping for something involving railways at least.
Modders please make this happen-

One final note with Steamed Vicky: it'd be funny if there were some sort of bug where each time you switched power plants it would count as a new Industrial Zone building and give you the +10%.

But that won't happen... right? :shifty:

Oh and is it true that Liz has same agenda as wilhelmina?

If so GROAN! another "send me trade or I'll hate your guts!" Leader...
That's my biggest complaint. Not only did they reuse another leader agenda, they used one of the most hated ones. :rolleyes:

That's my biggest complaint. Not only did they reuse another leader agenda, they used one of the most hated ones. :rolleyes:
Hey, if you play with randomly chosen AI civs at least there's a chance of not getting original Harald in your games which means no "I hate you because you have no boats" when you're landlocked.

Come to think of it, same holds true for Mvemba having Ana Nzinga as an alt. There's a chance to be free from "spread your religion to me on the other side of an ocean"

I was also looking forward to making her an alt. for Scotland too and it pairs nicely with Scottish Enlightenment too. :mischief:

Now I realize that's exactly what should've happened. She would've been perfect for Scotland, historically, thematically, and on a gameplay level. What a complete miss by FXS not to have done this. If only what could have been...

Good do that. I would be interested to subscribe to that mod.
But they are boring like Sejong was.

They wouldn't be boring with Steampunk Victoria that's for sure.

Yeah, the Highlander sucks, but that's ok. Lots of civs have weak UUs, but it doesn't hold them back.

The Golf Course is ok. It gives an amenity so it works with the civ ability.

But damn, it would be nice to have a leader ability you could actually use, and not be a blank slate the whole game.

Oh and is it true that Liz has same agenda as wilhelmina?

If so GROAN! another "send me trade or I'll hate your guts!" Leader...
Unless there is info somewhere I've not looked into, the wording in the video makes me think she likes those who trade with her through the trade screen.

Unless there is info somewhere I've not looked into, the wording in the video makes me think she likes those who trade with her through the trade screen.
Groan ANOTHER one? Man not looking forward to having her as AI... I guess I'll stick with Victoria as both as an AI opponent and ( for age of steam Victoria) my English leader.

Scrap the whole "Age of Steam" bit. It's already represented in "Workshop of the World."

I'd rather have a "Great Exhibition" Victoria. She's already dressed for the occasion (though perhaps a few decades too soon...)

Ability - British Museum:
- Each Archaeological Museum can hold six Artifacts instead of three and are automatically themed when they have six Artifacts. Archeologists have six charges, may enter foreign lands without open borders, and unlock at Humanism. Extracting an Artifact in foreign territory grants a tourism burst over this civilization (or gain an eureka?)

Last edited:
New Harald could actually be a lot of fun in creating absolute chaos. 😁
He is stronger than I initially thought.

Definitely not what I wanted but he certainly has possibilities.

Top Bottom