[LP] Leader Spotlight: Wu Zetian

Love her model, animations, and VA--but you'd generate more discussion by telling us her abilities. :coffee:

ETA: I do like the hint of age in her voice. I also notice that what appears to be harsh blue-green lighting in the screenshots (see other thread), including the thumbnails, appears to be blue-white in the video. Much better.

I do think her VA sounds excellent. Very elderly and domineering.
She sounds like a stepmother that you wouldn't want to cross. :shifty:
And I mean that in a good way.

Looks like Wu's colors are going to be dark yellow on crimson (Kublai's last option), based on the trailer. So far, only Tokugawa used different default jersey colors in the trailer.
Are you basing that on the flag behind the text at the beginning?

Are you basing that on the flag behind the text at the beginning?
Yeah, the flags use the default leader colors, aside from Tokugawa as already mentioned.

Really glad they made her look older than her civ 5 counterpart.

Modern Mandarin pronunciation. So it looks like no reconstruction of older forms of Chinese.

I think she’s saying “朕乃武曌 民家爱之畏之 天下唯一之后主” (I am Wuzhao, loved and feared by the people, the only empress under Heaven). But I’m not actually that fluent in Chinese so not sure about that.
Love her model, animations, and VA--but you'd generate more discussion by telling us her abilities. :coffee:
Yeah. This new marketing direction is a bit disappointing tbh. There’s not really anything to talk about :(

maybe going off her dress a medium/dark blue on medium yellow
I'm hoping/sort of expecting this is the jersey Prismatic gives her.

medium/dark blue on medium yellow
My favourite local football team colours.
There's a section of the Wikipedia article on national colours that deals directly with Chinese imperial court colours. Even though yellow is used a few times, it seems black and red were the most frequently used. It's a shame the Barbarians have swiped the red/black combo. Theiving gits.
Link here: Chinese dynasty colours in Wikipedia article

It's a shame the Barbarians have swiped the red/black combo. Theiving gits.
Civ5 Poland had the audacity to invert the barbarian color scheme, and it was frequently confusing--which is probably why we haven't seen that color scheme return.

Civ5 Poland had the audacity to invert the barbarian color scheme, and it was frequently confusing--which is probably why we haven't seen that color scheme return.
Not to mention that red on black is taken by militaristic city-states. Black on red would have been good Maori colors.

Not to mention that red on black is taken by militaristic city-states. Black on red would have been good Maori colors.
It's always fun when a Militarist city-state is next to a cluster of free cities. :lol:

I solved that by using Ochre (a new colour declaration, RGB 192/64/16) as their colour. I think it was included in one of the flag proposals in the recent referendum in NZ.
maori colours.jpg

I'm hoping that one of these new Chinese leaders uses Black, it really is quite striking once a good bit of territory on the world map goes dark. Black and grey or black and green might be ok, and don't really clash with anything.
EDIT: Ultimately though I don't mind what they come up with, as I'll adjust it for myself anyway : )

I'm hoping that one of these new Chinese leaders uses Black, it really is quite striking once a good bit of territory on the world map goes dark. Black and grey or black and green might be ok, and don't really clash with anything.
EDIT: Ultimately though I don't mind what they come up with, as I'll adjust it for myself anyway : )
If one was to get black it should be Qin. Black was the official color of the Qin dynasty.
Black on green should work, especially since Australia doesn't use them anymore and have their proper colors. :)

If one was to get black it should be Qin. Black was the official color of the Qin dynasty.
Black on green should work, especially since Australia doesn't use them anymore and have their proper colors. :)
black or dark grey on green would look especially good for great wall map tacks i think, so that it actually looks like grey brick walls winding through green fields & forests. really hoping this is an option for at least one of the three new ones

Good model! Good voice! I really like her.

Now that we've discussed absolutely everything that can be discussed with the overload of informations that Firaxis deigned, in their mighty misericord, the vile assembly of devoted and loyal customers that we are to gaze upon with our unworthy eyes, what the heckity-heck do we do?

what the heckity-heck do we do?
  1. Comment on art
  2. Comment on voice acting
  3. Speculate on ability
  4. Recurring leader bonus step: compare to previous iterations
uhhhhhhhhhhhh make stuff up, I guess? :sad:

I love the ability they gave her, this is such an interesting playstyle for China. Looks like I had no reason to worry about the new leaders synergizing with their Civs- Wu Zetian's ability synergizes perfectly! I mean, look at it!

LUA:

See what I mean! Man, I wish I could speak with the Firaxis game designers personally. I'm honestly so inspired and moved by their powerful yet concise abilities.

Edit: and for all of you people complaining about those overly long abilities, here's to you. ;)

Top Bottom