Leaderhead request for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Rhye

's and Fall creator
I'm asking something simple.
I would like to add to RFC a new Alexander, looking as the real one.
I don't know why the Firaxis one ended up being so ugly, since the concept art was okay.
He's supposed to be young and handsome. Long curly, blonde hair (he even influenced later generations' harstyles). A greek nose. A normal chin. Basically, the opposite of how it is now.

The civ1 one was excellent in my opinion

I'm asking something simple.
I don't know why the Firaxis one ended up being so ugly, since the concept art was okay.
He's supposed to be young and handsome. Long curly, blonde hair (he even influenced later generations' harstyles). A greek nose. A normal chin. Basically, the opposite of how it is now.

The opposite??? Exactly the opposite??? Shaka looks OK:lol:.

I don't know why the Firaxis one ended up being so ugly,

I always thought the Firaxis was ok.

Why didn't you just put this in the RFC forums?

Good idea, I would love to see one of the great artists here improve Alexander.

Why didn't you just put this in the RFC forums?

I would guess he probably wanted more people to see this. Artists who would not otherwise read his forum regularly.

I'd keep the clothing from the unused Firaxis one, even sticking the normal head on that body would be nice (provided it was animated).

that one wasn't that great. I'm sure our artists can do much better. Perhaps just editing civ4 alexander

I disagree, that unfinished art is much better than the current Alexander if we're looking at your sculpture. I am sure the current Alexander was originally designed to be some other leader (possibly Caesar Augustus) because unlike all other leaderheads it hasn't even a vague resemblance with the portraits we have of Alexander. With a bit of work on eyes and addition of animation it would be a lot better, still better than starting from scratch IMO.

Here is what it looked like (the one I've started a long time ago)

I think I'll do a new one. I think the face of this one is ok, only minor tweaks would be fine for the face and hair. I would only need to make a new armor, but the biggest problem is this one isn't rigged or animated, so I'll make a new one based on augustus or on the old alex with a more accurate face, armor and moreover a new hair type. I'll change evrything to make the base LH really unique so we could use the old Alex as a new leader too (maybe add him a beard and we'll have his father as an other macedonian leader).

Do you have a deadline for it ? Because I'm a lot busy theese days. I'll try to do this on free time this weekend, but I can't promise anything.

no deadline. Take all the time you need in order to do a great job! Are you sure that the face of your old one is okay? Seems a bit....

Well, I mean it would only require minor tweaks. Face proportion are easy to made in a program like ZBrush. However, like I said, I'll start something new. This one was nerver really finished, consider it more like a sketch than something else. I've made it quickly to learn ZBrush.

Top Bottom