Leaderscreen freeze

Wodhann

South American Norse God
As the title says, I'm getting the old stuck-loading-as-leaderscreen-is-about-to-come-up problem. I searched this forum and didn't find anything helpful.

It doesn't happen at the first leader screen, but the longer I play, I eventually get to a point where a leader talks to me and before its screen comes up, my cursor just stays in "loading". The computer doesn't actually freezes, it just stays loading and it doesn't let me alt-tab out of the game, even though windows is still running normally. Playing windowed mode would "fix" this as it would allow me to alt-tab and shut down civ5 easier but I loathe its windowed mode. Borders and window header are way too distracting.

I have already trying disabling vsync and lowering leader quality. I also play with no anti-alias, if that matters. I didn't try loading it to anything lower than "medium" though because honestly I would rather not play the game if I'm forced to do that.

The game runs perfectly otherwise - smoothly, no stuttering or rendering problems. It's just in that particular aspect that things go awry.

My graphic card is a 4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630, my processor is a Pentium G620 at 2.60 GHZ and my memory has 4 GB of ram.

That CPU has an integrated Intel GPU. You may want to check to see if there is some conflict between it and the Nvidea GPU. You could try adding memory also.

Top Bottom