Length of Terms

How should Terms be done?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
turns, allows for fairer terms. it wouldnt be fair to have your term during christmas or newyears for example. you would loose 7 days if you were elected for december

DaveShack said:
Why are we having another vote on this? The other one came down pretty strongly in favor of months.
Agree, as in the other poll, I am still sticking with Month terms.

DaveShack said:
Why are we having another vote on this? The other one came down pretty strongly in favor of months.

Because several people who voted for months PMed me to say they would have voted for both if it was an option; enough that the data on the first one would have been skewed. Anyway the first doesn't close until Friday and this one closes Monday, so it's only open three more days.

-the Wolf

I don't think you should have listened to those PMs Alpha, you may have created a new poll but they didn't listen to it.

Old Man

Yeah Alpha, I think you've been had.

RoboPig said:
turns, allows for fairer terms. it wouldnt be fair to have your term during christmas or newyears for example. you would loose 7 days if you were elected for december
And it wouldn't be fair for your term to be over in three days when the DP steamrolls ahead.

Man'O'Action said:
I think Alphawolf did the right thing with this second poll. The turn&time limit is theory that should be tested. The possibility of rushed game play is worrisome to me.
It has been tried in the Multisite Demogames. Its more appropreate to have turn terms when playing a multiplayer demogame via PBEM. Month based terms are more appropreate for a singleplayer demogame.

Why is it more appropriate for MP but not SP? I see no difference.

I'm not going to vote on this one - months won on the other one, and I don't want to stop the majority from getting their way. Months worked in the past, it will work now, it would just be fun to try something new. But I didn't see the need for this poll.

Ginger_Ale said:
Why is it more appropriate for MP but not SP? I see no difference.

Speeking from experiance, A turn term length would be quite boring and citizens will eventualy lose interest in the game because the elections are 2 or 3 months away. Turn term lengths are also prone to abuse since the President (If we place the DP responsibility solely on him and the CoC) would be scedualing a play of the save each weak and thus pushes the next term 4-5 months down the road.

You are speaking from experience in a SP DG ... yet it has only been done in a Multi-Site DG? Huh?

We can choose a # of turns so that it is relative to a month. We don't know for a fact the Pres. will schedule TCs (if we even do TCs) a week a part; if he does, we can once again scale the # of turns so it evens out. This isn't set in stone yet.

Ginger_Ale said:
You are speaking from experience in a SP DG ... yet it has only been done in a Multi-Site DG? Huh?
You forget that I was also in the Multi-Site Demogame for both PTW and C3C versions and speeking from experiance in those. :p

I'm pretty sure the months have it.

-KL

Top Bottom