[LETS PLAY] Civilization IV - Cavemen to Cosmos: When Cultures Collide

Your stance is respectable. I however remain in the belief that restriction on growth due to REV and city limits is as core to the C2C spirit as the increased food to grow a population point. And so I will continue my recommendation of it.

Let it be known that I do very much agree with your analysis of REV, in short, that the AI cannot quite handle it, and all of it's offshoot effects. However, I feel that the bonus they get from the higher difficulties is enough to counteract this, though I will be the first to admit that I could be wrong.

Also what turn does the Mastery victory condition end the game?[/COLOR][/B]
The last one. The same turn a Time victory would happen. Even if you wipe out every other civilization it keeps going until then.

Except that there is an option in the BUG menus somewhere that lets you turn on the "mercy rule". That makes it so that it ends if you are so far ahead there there is no chance anyone else can catch you before that last turn. I'm don't know what the criteria are (it may say in the mousover help for the option), but it represents a huge lead. The name is not an indication of giving mercy to the other civs, it is because it gives you the mercy of not having to play out the rest of potentially very long and dull game to get an actual victory.

Part 1: Walking Around and Meeting People

*Twirling mustache* Finally! I will be the one true God... I shall smite any who get in the way... I shall build sprawling monuments to my power... The people shall revere me as...

HEY... STOP HUMPING MY LEG!

50000BC:

These lands are lush and fertile and will be as good a place as any to find our first settlement. We shall call it Moscow!

The first order of business is to start teaching the people to fully utilize the land so I will begin to impart knowledge of the nomadic lifestyle to my people who I have affectionately dubbed 'The Russians'. I will also send tribe members North to scope out the lay of the land.

While our tribesmen were scouting the North we bumped into the 'Maori Tribe' led by a God called Heke. Our scouts report that they are more powerful than us but that is surely a mistake as our advanced culture is just about to learn the powerful technology of walking around :scan:

What happened to your face?

It seems to amuse the humans. What happened to your face?

Finally the people have embraced the nomadic lifestyle. Next I shall teach the people to gather the sticks and the berries from the land.

Lol nice I like the humor lol ;)

Still I wonder how you are going to keep this up. It seems like this kind of lets play could take forever to do! Also I could become very complicated onces you have multiple cities and multiple units exploring...

How do you plan to do this? Are you going to skim past certain events such as a bunch of techs to get to one you really want?

Anyway nice job ;)

Usually this style of let's play just covers the important highlights later on in the game.

What settings? Size? Speed? Difficulty? REV on? Terrain damage? All that jazz.

Aw...I was the only person to request a civ, and you picked another. Ah well.

Usually this style of let's play just covers the important highlights later on in the game.

What settings? Size? Speed? Difficulty? REV on? Terrain damage? All that jazz.

Aw...I was the only person to request a civ, and you picked another. Ah well.

Sorry, I tallied all votes from here and the post on the Bay 12 forums and the Ruskies won with Gandhi in close pursuit. I plan to do a lot of compact updates like this one [already almost finished part 2]. I figure they're easier to digest that way. I do want to try to cover most of the journey and not just skim through if I can [having many updates for each period] but we'll see what's manageable as I continue onwards. I will always link to each update in the main post so you don't have to go jumping through the thread to find the individual parts.

Also for all the settings check the spoilers in the first post. If I didn't list it I left it default. I left terrain damage off for example because I didn't want to hamstring the AI (I wasn't sure if they'd be able to cope with it on).

If you guys have any suggestions on how to change the style/content of the updates let me know. I'm always open to suggestions.

Turn terrai. Damage on the AI deals with ot really really well in my experiences. Also alsways try to focus on hammers in the first couple bundred turns since your cities dont grow anyway

Turn terrai. Damage on the AI deals with ot really really well in my experiences. Also alsways try to focus on hammers in the first couple bundred turns since your cities dont grow anyway

The settings have already been decided, I won't be changing any settings mid-game.

Part 2: Gathering Storms and Impending Eruptions

Scouts report that the Maori tribe has twice the amount of tribesmen ready to fight and realizing that the Russian tribe is woefully unprepared for a conflict I have organized a small band of the more large and brutish men to act as added defense for Moscow.

Now you simply curl your hand into a ball like so... And thrust forward with your arm like so... *Panting* Easy as pie.

*Grunting and screeching followed by primitive hooting*

... I forgot how far away from pie we are.

However it is important not to lose hope. The tribe has finally gathered the concept of gathering! One small step for man... One giant leap towards pie-making. Unfortunately the area surrounding Moscow is very poor for foraging. To hopefully rectify this I have begun to teach the tribe knowledge of scavenging for food

A nearby Indigenous tribe lets us know about a mountain the spews fire just across the coast and the Russians often feel the rumblings and can even see the fire and smoke from Moscow. I am glad that we are located a comfortable distance away from its destructive power.

Many areas around Moscow are still unexplored so I send some tribeswomen West and the warriors... Elsewhere...

Yo Stalin my man... Why are those angry looking dudes walking towards my village thrusting their arms out in-front of them along the way?

Err... Peacekeeping...

Oh excellent... Please enjoy this totally not insanely intimidating celebratory welcoming dance.

... On second thought we might go peacekeeping over there... You know... Beside the active volcano...

Much of the land around Moscow has been explored and we even bumped into new future slave... I mean... Comrades in the West.

Please no more dances...

Son do I look like the dancing type to you?

I sense the beginnings of a great friendship between our people cemented by a hatred of dancing and also having kick-ass mustaches.

I don't have a mustache...

What the hell is that above your eyes then?

Lol yea... Don't kill the Australians! They are my people! Lol it's funny you met those from my own lets play ;)

Wow, what a great back story. Will fit in perfectly with your inevitable ascension victory...that is...if you are going to continue this...?

Top Bottom