Let's Play Realism Invictus!

IdiotsOpposite

Boom, headshot.
Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. It's been a long time since I've shown on these forums, and I'm wagering (and hoping) that the lot of you don't recognize me. There doesn't seem to be much activity here at the moment, but hopefully I'll be able to change that, even if just a little!

Anyway, my suggestion for a Succession Game is a game using the latest version of the highly successful Civilization IV mod, Realism Invictus. While only a Prince player myself, I've found that I generally play better in Succession Games than I do on my own, so I think I'll be comfortable playing Monarch difficulty, which I hope will satisfy other potential players as well. Of course, the game will be set on the Realistic speed, a speed unique to Realism Invictus.

Note: As this speed does mean over 1,600 turns of gameplay, I am absolutely open to changing this!

But who will be our leader, you ask? Why, none other than the great Sun Quan of the South Chinese Empire (which will be renamed the Wu Empire for historical purposes), of course! Just for information purposes, let's take a look at a couple of the features of this empire and leader.

We'll start with the leader himself, Sun Quan of Wu. He, like all leaders in Realism, has three traits, two positive and one negative. These traits are Administrator, Industrious, and Arrogant. The effect of each of these traits are as follows:

== Administrator ==
+1 :health:/city
-2.0% epidemic chance in all cities
+25% worker efficiency
+25% National Wonder production
50% faster production of Aqueduct, Levee, Mass Transit, Well, Sento, Ministry of Healthcare

== Industrious ==
+1 :hammers: on plots with 3 :hammers:
50% faster production of Forge, Construction Industry, Sawmill, Manufactory, Blast Furnace, Ministry of Labor

== Arrogant ==
-20% :espionage:

As you can see by looking at the traits, Sun Quan is a production and growth-oriented leader, though his espionage will suffer throughout the game. Only 3 espionage per turn at the start! Moving on to the civilization itself, South China, like all civilizations in Realism Invictus, has a unique improvement, a unique building, and a Pagan Temple replacement. Let's take a look at these now.

Unique Improvement:

Canal (+1 :hammers:)
Can only be built on flatland
Carries irrigation
+10% tile defense
+1 :hammers: with Administration tech
+1 :commerce: with Guilds, Steam Engine tech
+1 :commerce: with Guild Monopoly, Protectionism, Planned Economy civic

Not the most exceptional improvement, but it carries irrigation, and may yet see some use due to this. Who knows?

Unique Building:

Pavilion (+2 :culture:)
Replaces Theatre
Additional benefit: +25% culture in the city

More percent culture is always useful, of course. And finally...

Unique Pagan Temple:

Cult of the Elder
+1 :food:, +1 :culture:, +1 :espionage:, +5% :science:, -10% :hammers:

The food and culture will be nice if we keep these around, and the espionage is always useful. However, that -10% production is going to hurt if we build these and keep them around, so that will be something to keep in mind.

Though I am willing to be overruled on this, I plan on using the Fractal map type, with Standard map size and default settings for Realism Invictus. Yes, this means raging barbarians! I would customize this, but unfortunately my computer will not launch custom games for some reason. I'm honestly not sure why. So for now, all I need is fellow players to get this show on the road! I'm looking for four more people to play. Please let me know if you're interested!

I'll post a start once I'm sure we'll have a roster, of course. Given the state of the forums, I want to make sure there's enough interest!

Current roster:
IdiotsOpposite

I guess not. Never mind, I suppose.

Top Bottom