LH Skin improvements

Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus is coming in town!
Ok, it's time to start to work with CivIV. These are some improvement for skin leaders

1. Julius Caesar new toga (corrected to senator ones):

2. Napoleon background: his throne room (seriously, you image an illuminist in a church? :) ):

3. Otto von Birmark with the real german uniform for generals (my favorite):

4. Montezuma: removed the horrible eyes on skull and colored his collar

The file (Ace, ~500 Kb)

I have in mind to change also some other backgrounds, but I have problems with animated sky. If someone know how to manage it, PM.

About Caesar, is his later days he weared purple for it was the color of kings, even not he been imperator he weared it, some say as a insult to the senate.

I love it, except for one thing: The recoloring of Montezuma's collar seems...how you say...sloppy. Not that I could do better, I absolutely suck at modding graphics, but you might want to consider changing it...

*Hasn't really begun to explore Civ IV's modding capabilities*

By the way, Ceasar's didn't work.

Good job, Rufus!
Just two comments: I agree with Glibe about a different colour (may be a darker green?) would fit the collar better. Additionally, I suppose the Prussian uniforms had a darker blue?

I wanted to try this mod but I can´t find "my assets", only custom assets, and when putting the files in there it won´t change a thing :cry:

The Bismark leaderhead worked fine, and I use it, nice job. The Caesar one did not work though (I wasn't interested in the other two).

Also, could you change the still pics that are only the race selection screen, so that they match the new leaderheads?

Got it to work but yet only Bismark and Napoleon have the new Color aka Background.

Richosh said:
Got it to work but yet only Bismark and Napoleon have the new Color aka Background.

?!? Only Napoleon has a new background...

I had noted that the new skins have a worst conversion: I will release the rigth one. Also, I think that I will remake Cesar with the toga shoulders and a better version of the Reich uniform for Otto

Wow that looks great Rufus.

While I'd love to add them to my game, the sad state of my computer requires me to try to get rid of the diplomacy animations to improve the performance.

Does anyone know hoe to replace the diplomacy animations with a picture?

thanks

Hello Rufus !!
Happy to see you in CIV IV !! :goodjob: :thanx: I like particularly the Napoleon one... I was about to do the same ... :thanx:

PS : this time I have an ACE editor !!! ;)

Looks great, though I would suggest fixing up caesar's shirt underneath a bit (like in my picture). I would do it myself but it is your project :) lol. Just make the lines more definite (might have gotten my colors wrong- I'm color blind :) lol) and I would shade the skin around the edges of shirt to give the shadow effect. Just some thoughts :) lol

Attachments

• changes.jpg
    changes.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 4,576
As per your instructions, I put them in....\CustomAssets\art\leaderheads....however, they do not change to the your leaderheads when I start the game?????

I have the same issue. They are in the right place, but can't get this mod to run...

Uhm, stange. Could be due because I had made only one of the 2 skins? (shaders/normal)?

As you can see for Bismarck, IIRC (I'm not to my home) there are 2 files and 1 for other leader. Please try to remove the shader file from Bismark and talk be if return to original.

With lower risolution of the game it works (this is my standard mode, due to my older graphic card).

@Corn: I known that the toga is not so good, and I will work on a better result. If you want, I can send to you the psd file with the different layers.

I'll ask again, has anyone actually got these to show up in the game after loading them?? And if so, please give instructions on how to do it correctly....:D

Thanks!!

Top Bottom