• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Liberate City Bug

Andre1986

Chieftain
Hi,

I was Greece and Liberated Kyoto from the Russians, Japan were totally wiped out the game but since I Liberated their city their leader still did not return. When I click on their city it then goes to My Leader screen and tells me my special abilities and traits.

had the same, liberated defeated Viking capital, no leader headshot and when clicking on cityu brought up civ diplo screen. had to reload game and then it was fine.

Same for me, playing as Germany liberated Japan from nonexistence, but the leader wouldn't appear.
After reload the leader appeared, but the deal button was inactive, so I couldn't discuss open borders.
After another reload I was finally able to see them and discuss open borders.

Last edited:
I had something similar happen to me just now.

The three actors involved:
Scythia (myself)
China
Kongo

- China takes Kongo's second city
- I take Kongo's capital and knock them out of the game
- later I declare war on China and take the city they had previously captured from Kongo (who are no more)
- the game gave me the option to liberate the city and give me a much needed decrease in my warmonger penalty (which I needed since everyone else on the continent hates my guts - probably justifiably so)
- the city flipped back to Kongo and when I click on the city bar it shows me a diplomacy screen with Kongo's leader and that we are at war; I'm unable to make peace with Kongo
- the leader for Kongo does not show up on the list of leader portraits at the top of the screen, nor do they show up on the World Rankings/Score UI
- pressing the End Turn button does nothing and I'm unable to continue

I had something similar happen to me just now.

The three actors involved:
Scythia (myself)
China
Kongo

- China takes Kongo's second city
- I take Kongo's capital and knock them out of the game
- later I declare war on China and take the city they had previously captured from Kongo (who are no more)
- the game gave me the option to liberate the city and give me a much needed decrease in my warmonger penalty (which I needed since everyone else on the continent hates my guts - probably justifiably so)
- the city flipped back to Kongo and when I click on the city bar it shows me a diplomacy screen with Kongo's leader and that we are at war; I'm unable to make peace with Kongo
- the leader for Kongo does not show up on the list of leader portraits at the top of the screen, nor do they show up on the World Rankings/Score UI
- pressing the End Turn button does nothing and I'm unable to continue

Same problem on my game with the Aztecs, liberate Brazil from Kongo and stuck in war with Brazil. No chance to continue the game. So my first experince with CIv6 ends end here in disappointment.
By the way, liberated Brasilia brought Brazil back in game.

Attachments

• Civ6BUG - liberated Brazil end game in turn 644.jpg
    Civ6BUG - liberated Brazil end game in turn 644.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 232
I also have this issue.

Version 1.0.0.26 (221715)

Liberating Japan (Kyoto) after a long time defeated, sits on 'next turn' and cannot progress.
Clicking on the city brings up my own nation in diplomacy, in year 2046 in game, turn 1456, marathon.

Top Bottom