• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Liberating a CS only gets you 60 influence!?

Juanholio

Warlord
Just playing a game where I liberated a CS. Surely it's worth more than 60 points of influence?! I mean, losing ally status within a turn of setting them free of their oppressors seems bit lame to me.

I'd have thought 90 points would be a minimum for this.

I noticed this too. I liberated one that was conquered before I ever had a chance to meet it. When I lost the alliance the very next turn I thought it had something to do with me not meeting them before they were conquered. I never really took note of how much influence this used to provide, but it seems like it used to be more. 60 :c5influence: is pretty weak.

I noticed this too. I liberated one that was conquered before I ever had a chance to meet it. When I lost the alliance the very next turn I thought it had something to do with me not meeting them before they were conquered. I never really took note of how much influence this used to provide, but it seems like it used to be more. 60 :c5influence: is pretty weak.

I hadn't noticed it before because I'd only liberated CSs that I was allied to before the war in question. This time I'd had nothing to do with them, but still I would have though it'd be worth more than 60 (bare minimum ally)?! It seems very weak.

On vanilla I once liberated a city state, and I think I was allies with it for ages after that.I don't remember checking how much influence it got me, but it stayed my ally for a while.

I thought it was 100 or something. At least pre-Fall patch.

I havent confirmed this, but I was pretty sure it was more than 60. or maybe it is only 60 for standard paced games, I always play epic or marathon, so maybe that increases it to 90 or 180

I thought it was 100 or something. At least pre-Fall patch.

I thought it was even higher, at 150.

The current 60 hardly seems a just reward for putting a City-State back on the map.

I was under the impression that a liberated CS will automatically give you a UN vote, even if you don't maintain an alliance with them. Am I wrong?

The 60 does stack though with multiple liberations. Had a war with the ottomans where every turn my city would liberate Sidon, and every turn their army would take it back. After 5 turns of going back and forth I finally bombarded their army to death and had 300+ influence with Sidon.

I thought it was 120? Did you have terrible relations with the CS before it died? Maybe that's the problem?

I can't quite remember now, but I'm fairly certain that the level was neutral before they were captured. Will look out for this again.

Pretty sure its more than 60
======

Also Stealth Bombers have been nerfed since the Fall Patch. Played a MP game yesterday that went to a 3 way nuke/stealth bomber war - and stealth bombers actually weren't end all end all.

They also fixed anti aircraft units, they will now defend themselves from air units. Good for the developers!

Not sure but i think that it depends of type of mood of cs, i.e. hostile(60), irrationnal, normal(90?), friendly(120?).

I thought it was even higher, at 150.

It definitely used to be 150. Only recently have I seen the 60 influence, and I don't remember anything listed in the patch regarding liberation... this dramatic change doesn't make sense to me.

It definitely used to be 150. Only recently have I seen the 60 influence, and I don't remember anything listed in the patch regarding liberation... this dramatic change doesn't make sense to me.

Could it, perhaps, be due to era? I remember this happening fairly early in the game late classical / early middle ages.

I've had it only be 60 numerous times in my more recent games, which i think is ridiculous.

If you aren't going for a UN vote, it's still nice to keep them as allies, and to have to start throwing gold and them right after liberating them just to keep them as allies is just silly.

Top Bottom