LizNES5: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying, And Love The Bomb

Nobody can do it quite like Lord of Elves! :goodjob:

Thank you sir!

OOC: LoE is quite skilled at what he does. Always gets me chuckling, if not downright lol'ing. In any case, is Christophoor de vries a real person, and if not, what person are you stealing all the pics from? looks like a pretty entertaining dude.

Thanks! As TLK has said, he is based off of Ari Gold from Entourage.

IC:
To Dutch Empire

We see that even your president is hopelessly undereducated about the politics, political nature, and our humor. We would be willing to provide a foreign exchange student program as soon as is convenient so that this may be remedied. I hope that your silly president will soon learn that it is HE who does the rambling, not us, and that unlike countries in europe, do not fall to "bloody military coups" as you say.

But we do resent being called a third world country, when in fact we are more developed then yourself. We expect for this to be corrected as soon as possible, and we sincerely hope De Vries is a figurehead for a much smarter person, or else we are afraid that your nation may be doomed.

Good day, signed with love and hatred, written with pity, Laurence Van Geyte.

To: Unstable North American Country of Some Amusement

Aww, look, they're so cute when they're angry. :love:

To: The Kauffmanator

Word up.

OOC: So are foreign relations in this NES intentionally ridiculous, or...? I have a hard time discerning between what is being spoken by a government and what is being spoken by a player.

IC:

(original message posted earlier by PM Carranza)
Prime Minister Carranza said:
There are many issues for our nations to discuss, as we are closer neighbors. Mexico wishes to maintain cordial relations with the small republic to our east, and we offer a hand of friendship to the Yucatán, proud of its status as a successful republic. Perhaps we can discuss the economic situation of the Yucatán and engage in cultural exchange programs between our highly accredited universities. We look forward to your response.

A message from Foreign Minister Ileana del Carmen Flores Ortiz to the Republic of Yucatán:
Foreign Minister Ortiz said:
Greetings Yucatán. As we mentioned in our earlier communique, we believe a cultural exchange program between our highly accredited state universities would be beneficial to both our nations for mutual understanding. We would be willing to supply ten students with full scholarships to study in major Mexican universities, if you do the same for ten Mexican students. Any discipline is appropriate, though we would prefer an emphasis on foreign relations, sociology, history, archaeology, and economics. Your nation contains valuable historical sites which I am sure many of our students would love to visit and study near. Not only would this be a great value for higher education in both of our nations, but it would also give our nations a chance to solidify our friendship as neighbors.

By selecting only ten students, we are acknowledging the competitiveness of this government-sponsored program. It is our hope to receive ten outstanding students from your nation, as you will receive ten of our finest students in the disciplines aforementioned.

To: De Vries

Nicely done, sir. Would you care to stop by Buckingham and have a cup of tea with myself and the King?

Nicely done, sir. Would you care to stop by Buckingham and have a cup of tea with myself and the King?

To: Sword Guy Thing from Britain, Very Cool Cat and Whatnot

Why certainly.

@starlife
At the moment the United States of the Mid-Atlantic isn't too popular internationally and a lot of diplomacy directed at it is either facetious in nature or representative of the amount of disapproval that country has for its actions.

To: Sword Guy Thing from Britain, Very Cool Cat and Whatnot

Why certainly.

@starlife
At the moment the United States of the Mid-Atlantic isn't too popular internationally and a lot of diplomacy directed at it is either facetious in nature or representative of the amount of disapproval that country has for its actions.

*AHEM* You mean too popular in most of EUROPE or the allies of most of europe.

EDIT: And my actions are similar to nations you call allies...some of you allies have done even worse things.

Jonathan J. O'Neill Elected President of the Confederacy!

In a decisive and striking election, Vice President Jonathan J. O'Neill has been elected to the Presidency by the Dixie people in a remarkable fashion that completely contradicted pre-election polling. On February 18, 1963, he will be sworn in as the next President of the Confederacy, while his running mate, Governor Gregory Home of Louisiana, will become the Vice President.

As late as two weeks before the election, political analysts predicted the election to be neck and neck, as both candidates vied for standing among the Confederate people. Some polls showed Senator Jordan within a half point of O'Neill. Key events in the few days before the election, however, swayed public opinion in favor of O'Neill by a considerable margin.

"In hindsight, it's not a surprise," one political analyst admitted. "The sinking of the Allatoona, plus the diplomatic crisis in the Caribbean and New England summed up to the need, in the public's eye, for a military man as president."

With all the results finally recorded, the tally has O'Neill winning the election by a sizable popular and electoral vote. A candidate needs sixty one electoral votes to win the election; General O'Neill secured ninety. The popular vote is even more striking -- O'Neill won by more than ten points, 55.41% to 44.59%, outperforming even the current President, James Monroe Forrest, in his landmark election.

Ironically, it was Vice Presidential candidate Gregory Home who first heard the news of the victory. There was a lull of several days between states' results being reported; at that time, he and O'Neill only needed four more electoral votes to secure the Presidency.

"Of course it's relieving. But at the same time, it now means I have more work to do," he admitted. "I called O'Neill to let him know the news as soon as I found out."

O'Neill was aboard the CSS Johnston in the Caribbean when he received the call. Mississippi, with her six electoral votes, was won by O'Neill, placing his tally above the sixty one required to win the Presidency.

"He was very somber," Home continued. "He obviously realized the magnatimy of the situation. I don't think he was relieved in the victory. Instead, he must have already felt the pressure of the Presidency upon him."

Apparently, O'Neill remained in that state of mind for several minutes, meditation upon the victory. It was only after the commander of the Johnston, Admiral Joseph LeBuff, announced the news on the ship's intercom did his mood change.

"Sailors and pilots swarmed him with congratulations," one eye witness reported. "His mood changed instantly. He was happy, overjoyed. He is quite popular, both as a candidate and a man, among us soldiers. We love him."

O'Neill was surrounded by jubilant supporters, waving posters and cameras. One photographer was generous enough to submit his photograph for today's editorial.

O'Neill Celebrates His Victory With Fellow Soldiers.

President James Monroe Forrest also extended his congratulations soon afterwards.

"He's the best of the best," Forrest smiled. "He's the best man for the Confederacy right now."

Though O'Neill is rightly hailed in the limelight for his victory, praise must also be given to Gregory Home for his involvement in the campaign. Functioning as a "man of the truth," he campaigned on a platform of honesty. "He told it as it is," one man admitted.

Vice President Gregory Home

The Vice Presidency is a very symbolic and relevant office in the Confederacy. Besides serving as the chief adviser and potential replacement, in emergencies, to the President, the Vice President is also unofficially the heir-apparent to the President. Since the President can only have one, six year term in office, he carefully selects his Vice President as an heir who can continue his policies and actions. Since the birth of the Confederacy, the Vice President has been nominated as the next candidate in all but two of the national elections in history.

The final results of the election are:

Electoral votes: O'Neill 90 -- Jordan 31.
Popular vote: O'Neill 55.41% -- Jordan 44.59%.

The Results of the Election.​

Attachments

• election1962c.png
    election1962c.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 141
  • o'neill2.png
    o'neill2.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 164
I approve of your Vice-President.

The USA congratulates Jonathan O'Neil on his election, and hopes that together they can diffuse the situation in the Caribbean. Would he care to make a statement regarding what he plans to do in that particular situation?

Gregory Home? Yes. So much yes.

This is amazing. :lol:

To: Jonathan O'Neill

We send our congratulations following your election to the Presidency may your administration move your nation forward and secure peace for North America and the Caribbean.

Dear Sir,

It has been a long time since our last engagement. Do you remember? Because I can't. It is so good to hear you whipping that dead horse they call the United Statues of Moist Hystaria. If you ask me, that man in charge over there is a crook, and if he tells you other wise then you know he's a crook.

Sincerely,

Groucho Marx

To: O'Neill
From: Minister of Economics of the First Great Cossack Republic of the Ukraine, Groucho Marx

Congratulations on your victory. We here in the Ukraine will make a toast or two in celebration.

Sincerely,

Minister Marx

To: Our Confederate Allies

Her Majesty the Empress, and Prime Minister De Vries on behalf of Her Majesty's government, congratulate your new president Johnathan O'Neil.

To: The Confederacy

We congratulate Jonathan O'Neil and Gregory Home for their victory.

Edit: Orders Sent

To: Jonathan O'Neil and Gregory Home

On behalf of the Iberian government, we congratulate you on your victory and hope that the Confederate government continues being our friend.

To: Christophoor De Vries

My friend, although antagonising other countries isn't exactly the best move when it comes to keeping peace around the world, I can not help but smile and laugh at the verbal beating down you have given to the United States of America.

Top Bottom