LK165 - CCM, Deity, Space Race, Arabia

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: Time to start thinking about the theme for next game?

I am about to learn about Satellites and complete 2 more pieces of the Mars Mission. I figure Elephantium should be able to win the game.

How many turns are you playing?! :eek: By my count, we had 32-33 turns from Greebley's save to victory: 32 turns of research to get Advanced Composites, Mars Mission, and all prerequisites, then possibly 1 more turn to build Mars Landing (but a prebuild could get it done on the turn we learn Mars Mission).

My guess on UN Peacekeepers is that the long airdrop range simulates the way that peacekeepers can get deployed worldwide in real life.

My guess on UN Peacekeepers is that the long airdrop range simulates the way that peacekeepers can get deployed worldwide in real life.

:yup: Bingo - and for normal paratroopers CCM yet has a special SW.

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: Time to start thinking about the theme for next game?

You should consider to play a next game with the Flintlock exe. Even if nothing is changed in the configurable game options by the Flintlock patch, the submarine bug and the houseboat bug are fixed when playing with that patch.

In about one month, if all in RL runs somewhat well, a prototype of the next version of CCM 2.50 allowing artillery being built and used normally, could be ready, so I don´t know if all civilopedia entries will be adopted to the new settings at that time. Test games showed, that the offensive use of AI landartillery is a real game changer and the addition of tons of civspecific artillery units should be working as the best solution when this option of the Flintlock patch is activated.
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Where would we get the Flintlock patch?

I have the steam version. How about the rest of the team?
LKendter - Steam
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley

To add to the post of tjs282 is the following:

The Flintlock patch is a highly sophisticated version developed from the bases of the current Antal1987 exe that is used in the present CCM 2.50. The current version of the Flintlock patch is R 9. Flintlock posted, that R 10 will coming soon. As tjs282 posted, the Flintlock patch needs the Civ 3 Complete exe of the GOG or Steam version, for boosting the exe with that patch. I was able to transfer the boosted Civ 3 Complete exe of the GOG version to my Civ 3 Complete CD installation of the Civ Chronicles version, where it is working without any problems. The Flintlock patch was developed for the GOG version of Civ 3 Complete, that all several weeks at GOG is on sale for € 1,29. It should also work, as tjs282 posted, on the steam version of Civ 3 Complete, but the focus of the development of that patch is on the GOG version. If you use the GOG version make the offline installation, as here you can be sure that your game cannot be hidden by automatic updates of the online version.

The Flintlock patch is highly configurable by simple entries in the Config text file (true or false or numbers). You should all use the same entries in that file. Besides the bug fixes I find the new worker stack commands, the bombard stack commands, the warning for an upcoming city disorder and the message if a forest tile is chopped very comfortable, as they reduce the micromanagement in the game massively. Stealth attacks against a single target in a tile are also very nice in my eyes.

Here are screenshots of the config file:
Spoiler :
Config1.jpg

Config2.jpg

View attachment 605808

I tested the fix of the submarine bug here.

Last edited:
I have the steam version. How about the rest of the team?
LKendter - Steam
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley

Lurker:
The stack commands is a massive QoL to the game. Saves countless key strokes.

How many turns are you playing?! :eek: By my count, we had 32-33 turns from Greebley's save to victory: 32 turns of research to get Advanced Composites, Mars Mission, and all prerequisites, then possibly 1 more turn to build Mars Landing (but a prebuild could get it done on the turn we learn Mars Mission).

Would not our troops be deployed worldwide if we were at war with any nation? If that nation happens to be within 226 tiles of or nation why should we not be able to deploy our paratroopers there? If you are going to tell me it is different because the peacekeepers are from a different nation, then why would I want those foreign troops (UN troops are not covered by the Geneva Convention) in the middle of my nation were they could spy on me?
Further, our bombers can bomb cities in the Lowlands. Does that not show that we should have the capability to airdrop troops next to those cities?

I intend to play until i reach the point were there is 1 turn left on the turn I am studying plus 2 techs left to learn to build the Mars Mission. The Mars Mission is takes 990 shields. There might be a Great Wonder you could use for a prebuild. The only other why to prebuild it would be to abandon Ellipi to destroy the Big Airlift and use an airport to prebuild in Mekka.

I want to switch to the Flintlock patch. I have the steam version. How about the rest of the team?
LKendter - Steam
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley

I'm still rocking the CD version.

100% agree that the stack counter is a HUGE improvement :D

And Jersey Joe, I didn't realize you were playing extra turns. That changes the rotation!

want to switch to the Flintlock patch. I have the steam version. How about the rest of the team?
LKendter - Steam
Jersey Joe
Elephantium - CD version. Not sure if Flintlock patch can work. :(
Greebley

Continuing 1973 AD: Trade Silks, Silver, and Tropical Fruit to Brazil for Spices.
Inside our border north of Pleiades, Lawyer kills Mongol Musketeer (1,0). Border patrols are reassigned.
Upgrade our Armor cars to BRDM-1s.
Cancel having 1 slave build a railroad that is going to take 20+ turns to complete. Isn’t this just like an extended go to? :confused:
Change most of our cities to building wealth. Goal is to have all cities building wealth except for Wonders and Mars Missions.

IBT: Nubia declares war on Brazil and on the Greeks.
Israel declares on Italy.
Britain and Israel sign peace treaty.
We catch Greeks attempting to plant a spy.
We catch Nubia attempting to steal technology.

1974 AD: Working on Mars Mission.
I notice that the Lowlands has learned how to build Nuclear Bombs and becomes the first nation to join us in the Atomic Age.
It takes the Lowlands more than 4 turns to learn a tech so our tech lead keeps increasing.

IBT
: Britain and Brazil sign peace treaty.
Brazil and Australia sign Peace treaty.
Southwest of Frankenbean: Adventurer killed by Viking (?) Lawyer (1, 1).
Lowlands declares war on India.

1975 AD:
Southwest of Frankenbean: Type 59 Tank runs over offending Lawyer (2, 1).

IBT: S. Africa and Brazil sign peace treaty.
India and Italy sign peace treaty.
S. Africa and Scandinavia sign peace treaty.

1976 AD: Work on Mars Mission continues.

IBT: France and Greece sign a MPP.
Australia declares war on Britan.
Greece declares war on Brazil.
Northwest of Desert Crossing: Adventurer killed by Mogol (?) Partisan (2.2).

1977 AD:
Northwest of Desert Crossing: Missile Launcher blows-up offending Partisan (3,2).
We sign a peace treaty with S. Africa.
We have railroaded all land tiles in our territory.

IBT: S. Africa and Persia sign peace treaty.
Brazil destroys China.
Lowlands destroys the Maghreb. :dance: Finally, we do not have to worry about why we still have 2 Maghreb citizens in cities we added to our democratic republic hundreds of year ago.

1978 AD:
We remove our troops from the other land mass and find out we cannot pillage an airfield. However we can bomb it out of existence. :yup:

IBT: Austria-Hungary and Australia sign peace treaty.
Italy and Indo-China sign peace treaty.
Southwest of Frankenbean: Partisan kills (Viking?) Partisan (4, 2).

1979 AD:
We sign a peace treaty with Italy.
The Lowlands has learned their first the Atomic Era tech (it took them 5 turns).

IBT: Greece and Lowlands sign peace treaty.
Britain and Mongols sign peace treaty.
Southwest of Frankenbean: Peacekeeper runs away from a firefight with Scandinavian Infantry. Note: attacking peacekeepers does not break peace treaties. :wow:

1980 AD:
Cowardly Peacekeeper is disbanded. Also, since Peacekeeprrs are not bound by the Geneva Convention and have been proved cowards, I disband all Peacekeeper units we have.
Northwest of Annaba: Adventurer kills Lawyer (5, 2).
Southwest of Frankenbean: Two (2) Partisans killed by Scandinavian Infantry (5, 4); Partisan convinces Infantry to fight for us (6, 4).

IBT: We learn about Mass Media (to save our children :pat: from becoming brain dead zombies, I am only going to build 1 tv). Algiers builds a tv station.

1981 AD:
The UN wants us to add a Peacekeeper to our armed forces. I dismiss the unit. :smug:

I upgrade our Partisans to Mujahideen. For the most part it cost 0 gold to update them. However, for a few it showed that the cost was 270 gold. Having 300K in gold, I just updated them without checking why it cost that. Finally I checked and saw that the unit costing me 270 gold to up date was an Elite Unit. Unfortunately it was the only elite unit unit left.

IBT: Australia and Greece sign peace treaty.
Lowlands and Austria-Hungary sign peace treaty.
France declares war on the British.

1982 AD: Our Scientific Golden Age has ended. :sad: I need to increase science rate from 0% to 20%. I did not bother with changing tax collectors to scientists.

IBT: Lowlands and Australia sign peace treaty.
Lowlands and Israel sign peace treaty.
Lowlands declares war on Israel <crazy eyes>
Nubia and Austria-Hungary sign peace treaty.

A turn to late, our incompetent Science Advisor (watching to much tv? :shake: ) informs us that our Age of Scientific Discovery has ended.:confused:

1983 AD: Work on Mars Mission continues.

IBT: Lowlands and India sign peace treaty.
Nubia and Greece sign a peace treaty.
Israel declares war on the British.

We have a chance to elect a leader of the UN. :thumbsdown: We are on a Mission to get to Mars and not need the UN. :nope: I do not call for a vote.

1984 AD: Work on Mars Mission continues.

IBT: Australia declares war on Brazil.
India declares war on Brazil.
Scandinavia declares war on the Italians and Israel.
Lowlands declares war on the Mongols and then on the British.
Scandinavia declares war on Brazil.

1985 AD: Work on Mars Mission continues.

IBT: Mongol Khanates and Nubia sign peace treaty.
We learn about Satellites and that they can be used to spy on people the world over. :wow: We can see the entire world map. :hmm:

Research slider is increased from 20% to 40% to keep us on a tech every 4 turns pace.

1986 AD: Work on Mars Mission continues.

IBT: Austria-Hungary declares war on the Persians, the Dutch, Israel, and the Indians.
Scandinavia and Austria-Hungary sign peace treaty.

1987 - 1988 AD: Work on Mars Mission continues.

IBT: Australia and Persia sign a peace treaty.
Nubia declares war on S. Africa.
Austria-Hungary declares war on the Indochinese.
South of Treilleborg, Adventurer killed by invading Partisan (5, 5).
Scandinavia signs peace treaty with the Mongols.

Our spy in Stockholm is exposed.

1989 AD:
South of Treilleborg, Ballistic Missile blows-up invading Partisan (6, 5).

IBT: Britain and Persia sign peace treaty.
India declares was on Italy.Brazil and Israel sign a peace treaty.
India declares war on Israel.
We learn how to use Advanced Composites and start looking for ways to improve our Jets.

1990 -1991 AD: Work on Mars Mission continues.

IBT: Australia declares war on India.
S. Africa and Austria-Hungary sign peace treaty.
Scandinavia declares war on Austria-Hungary.
Our agent in Zimbabwe is captured.
Scandinavia declares war on the Mongols.
India declares war on the Mongols.

1992 AD: Work on Mars Mission continues.
North of Annaba, Lawyer kills Lawyer (7, 5).

IBT: Italy and Nubia sign peace treaty.
Britain and Italy sign peace treaty.
Israel and Scandinavia sign peace treaty.
Some one was steals out military plans and can confirm that our borders are guarded. <lol>

1993 AD: Work on Mars Mission continues.

Notes:
  • Most Bulldozers and slaves are fortified near Casablanca.
  • The Bulldozers by Ellipi are there to either “Plant a Forest and Mine” or “Chop Forest and Irrigate”
    • 3 Extra Forests/Mines Increase shields, net of corruption, from 279 shields to 330 at the cost of spending food from storage.
    • This is enough to Build Mars Mission in 3 turns without losing population.
    • I used the other 2 pair of Bulldozers for extra Irrigation to refill the food Storage after building a Wonder.

Attachments

• LK165-1993AD.SAV
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
ROSTER:
Make sure to escape the space race screen. I took another look after saving the game, and it locked up again.

LKendter
Jersey Joe
Elephantium (up, and ending it?)
Greebley (on deck)

Looks like time to propose the next game.

I want to switch to the Flintlock patch. I have the steam version. How about the rest of the team?
LKendter - Steam
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley
I have the 3 original cd's, a disk with both civ3 complete and civ4 complete, and the gog version.
I think I am using the civ3 complete disk version (in WIN 7) currently.
I have been trying to get the gog version to run in Linux.

Jersey Joe, great report, :) so your attitude towards the peacekeepers reminds me somewhat to Mr. Bean and that blue Sunbeam (?) car.
I upgrade our Partisans to Mujahideen. For the most part it cost 0 gold to update them. However, for a few it showed that the cost was 270 gold. Having 300K in gold, I just updated them without checking why it cost that. Finally I checked and saw that the unit costing me 270 gold to up date was an Elite Unit. Unfortunately it was the only elite unit unit left.

At present I have no explanation for this problem. May be it has to do with a foreign nationality of that partisan unit, but at present this is only a guess. :think:

At present I have no explanation for this problem. May be it has to do with a foreign nationality of that partisan unit, but at present this is only a guess. :think:
I went back to the save before I upgraded the Partisans and out of 176 Partisans I upgraded I was charged 270 gold to upgrade 11 of them. Here is a list of them:

It is a minor problem and I doubt we will play this late into a game, to encounter it, to often.

Make sure to escape the space race screen. I took another look after saving the game, and it locked up again.
I am using Win 7 and closed that screen 3 times when it showed up during Play by clicking on the X and just before posting this message I opened up the game and got the that screen via the "F" keys and clicked on the X it closed every time without a problem.

However, I noticed that the Palace does not have Pink Flamingo Lawn Ornaments. :sad:

Top Bottom