LK169, Italy, CCM 2.5, AWM

LK170
ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (confirmed)
Greebley
Elephantium (confirmed)

Waiting for 1 more confirmed to start

Starting to work on LK170. Running into issues with c3mtfull not finding a .DLL. Hopefully I can figure it out. This is the only save file editor I know about.

This is the error message I'm getting on my new Windows 11 PC. I also tried installing in on an XP emulator on this PC. Both get this message. On the windows 11 PC, I set it for XP, SP2 compatibility.

You can see the blasted .DLL is is complaining about in the directory. This error makes NO sense.

Attachments

• LAK-2078.jpg
    LAK-2078.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 9
INFO: C3MT session log file alpha version
INFO: This file will be logged to by a tool session
INFO: If everything goes well by the end of the session the log will be deleted
INFO: If the tool crashes this file will stay, and may have valuable information regarding the crash
INFO: Note that some data from files worked on as well as constants and settings found might be shown in this file
INFO: Before sending this file with a bugreport you should read through the file and see that it doesn't contain any info you don't want to give away

STARTUP: 2023-10-05 11:23:53
STARTUP: C:\Program Files\C3MT\::1.12.6
STARTUP: arguments:
STARTUP: logfile C:\Program Files\C3MT\s1.log
STARTUP: MainThread: 1596
STARTUP: Running on Windows XP Service Pack 3
STARTUP: Loading splash screen...
SETTINGS: Loading language settings.
STARTUP: Loading default language file.
LANGUAGE: Loading C3MT.TXT
LANGUAGE: Fullpath: C:\Program Files\C3MT\C3MT.TXT

This is the associated log file.

OK, good, I wasn't sure I had found the right c3mt.

I had to install it by running "Troubleshoot compatibility" on Windows 10, but then it ran without any issues.

Maybe try installing it in your Documents folder?

Or C:/c3mt/?

On my win7 Civ3 installation (it is either the gog version or the dvd version):
I have the C3MT folder installed in the "Civilization III Complete" folder

I just tried to start a game with an edited the BIQ file to give China communism as a starting tech in place of warrior code.

It did not work. I could not revolt into Communism, it told me I did not know any forms of government, both on turn 1 and turn 2.

For it to be available at game-start, you'd probably need to make Communism an "Era=None" tech. Otherwise, simply giving it to China as a starter-tech would just mean China (you) wouldn't need to research it once you reached the Industrial Age.

But to make Communism Era=None, I think you'd then also have to break that branch off the tech-tree, i.e. removing it as a prereq for Totalitarianism. And I think that might mean that no one else would then be able to research Communism...?

Any thoughts on editing the biq instead? I would think we could customize it to have a hidden tech grant Communism to China for this game.

@Civinator - does that sound possible?
Yes, this is possible, but no other civ can research that government or switch to that government, as the era-none-tech that provides this government in that case is exclusive to China.

I tried installing C3MT on another PC with an XP emulator. I get the same issue. There must be a dependency I need to load.

For it to be available at game-start, you'd probably need to make Communism an "Era=None" tech. Otherwise, simply giving it to China as a starter-tech would just mean China (you) wouldn't need to research it once you reached the Industrial Age.

But to make Communism Era=None, I think you'd then also have to break that branch off the tech-tree, i.e. removing it as a prereq for Totalitarianism. And I think that might mean that no one else would then be able to research Communism...?
I am working on a new biq. I have made a new government type = "Chi-Com" with era = none and no prerequisites. I am finding out thaty I have to do more than that though, I had to make a Chi-Com Advance and now I need to figure out how to get the barracks, 5 year plan, and farms. Also, I replaced Warrior Code with the Chi-Com advance.
On testing, I was able to revolt into the Chi-Com government and the worker was working at communist speed w/o boast from explosives. However, I could not build any of the Communism specific buildings

Digging through the C3MT forum, I found the below.

To run this tool on windows 10/11 or any other modern windows you need to install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" for x86, you can get it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999 (vcredist_x86.exe - setup file name)

(I am even ran it on windows 11 arm!, also the game works on w11arm)

A test game was created. I modified it. I could build 5 Year Plan.
Now to spend the time to roll a decent start.

A test game was created. I modified it. I could build 5 Year Plan.
Good to hear.
I did get a working biq that would let us play as communists, but I had to delete 3 techs from the normal biq to get it to work. I deleted 3 of the "space walk builds" because it did not seem that the normal biq editor could save the 3 improvements I made to duplicate the barracks, Collective Farm and Five Year Plan. Also, to give us Communism to start I replace the free Warrior code tech with Chi-Comm.

It is going up:

Top Bottom