LK170, China, CCM, True Communists

Oh I may have left some rail builders fortified. I intended to use them but forgot.

Also the Capital has units that will heal for next turn and something horse ranch just to the north has units already moved so need another turn to heal. Separating the "this turn heal" from the "next turn heal" is something new I tried as sorting through them is hard at this number of units.

One further idea; you can spread out the "next turn heal" to the cities just captured this turn and then bring to the capital on rails so they still heal next turn. This suppresses resistance. There are also a few no-flip towns that need resistance suppression. I did this previous turns but didn't want to leave units scattered about for the next player.

Just "pressed enter" to get to my first time and we have an update from the front. I believe Greebley should get partial credit for this, because I did nothing but "press enter" to end the turn and begin the next.
:xmascheers:

Three (3) Maghreb ships (a DHOW, a Fireship, and a Galleass) attacked JUNKL. The Hotchkiss defending JUNKL sank 2 ships got promoted to Elite sank the third ship and the Maghreb settler died. :wow::clap::xmascheers:

That was definitely a bizarre way to kill of Maghreb...

First turn teasers:

We declared war on Indochina to get:

Angkor is now part of our commune. The troops in red are Canadian. Also, another rare occurance Phnom Penh the last French town captured has a rioter (who is Indochinese). ;)

I love the Bad Wolf stuff for your advisor. I'm clearly not the only Dr. Who fan in this game.

Based on how fast Joe is killing civs, I may not get another turn. All the tech leaders are gone as of the end of Greebley’s turn. The biggest civs left in territory are tech backwards. The only challenges are enough troops and rail layers.

Here are my proposals for the next one.

LK171 ideas:
1 - True Fascists.
The game start will be edited to give us fascism from the beginning. We may never leave fascism.
Will be played at Sid. The tank wonder may not be built until we are in the industrial age. The country won’t be Germany for obvious reasons.

2 - Xenophobic civ.
We must raze all the cities. They can’t be captured for even 1 second. No workers may upgrade to partisans as we don’t want foreigners in our army. We must win by domination.
It will be played at emperor. To pull this off we will need to build some wonders that give settlers. Without the extra early cities, we won’t be able to keep up.

3 - True American democracy.
The game start will be edited to give us democracy from the beginning. We may never leave democracy.
This will give us the American GA much earlier than normal. War weariness will be a big problem for winning by domination.

4 - This start sucks.
Normally I reroll a bad start such as mostly plains. This time I take the first start unless something totally absurd such as a 10-tile island.

Please list your picks in order of interest. Mine is 1,2,3,4.

Here are my proposals for the next one.

LK171 ideas:
1 - True Fascists.
The game start will be edited to give us fascism from the beginning. We may never leave fascism.
Will be played at Sid. The tank wonder may not be built until we are in the industrial age. The country won’t be Germany for obvious reasons.

2 - Xenophobic civ.
We must raze all the cities. They can’t be captured for even 1 second. No workers may upgrade to partisans as we don’t want foreigners in our army. We must win by domination.
It will be played at emperor. To pull this off we will need to build some wonders that give settlers. Without the extra early cities, we won’t be able to keep up.

3 - True American democracy.
The game start will be edited to give us democracy from the beginning. We may never leave democracy.
This will give us the American GA much earlier than normal. War weariness will be a big problem for winning by domination.

4 - This start sucks.
Normally I re-roll a bad start such as mostly plains. This time I take the first start unless something totally absurd such as a 10-tile island.

Please list your picks in order of interest. Mine is 1,2,3,4. Elephantium: 2,1,3,4
1: 4+3 = 7
2: 3+4 = 7
3: 2+2 = 4
4: 1+1 = 2

Heh 2 would be appropriate for a game where we rename a civ "The Daleks"!
:thumbsup: We should also name our Leader Darvos

Question about the rule in #2 about no workers can be upgraded. Do you mean only the foreign slave workers or are the workers we get as apprentices included in the no upgrade ban?
I would also say don't upgrade Enslaves, I miss being able to capture workers.
Are we so Xenophobic that we do not trade with other races?

My order is 1/2, 3, and a distant 4.

If trading is allowed in #2, and, since Fascism is somewhat xenophobic, what about combining 1 & 2 ?

#2 - apprentices to partisans gets tricky. If those partisans are used, we get foreigners in the army from the foreign partisans.
So Xenophobic that we don't trade would make #2 *way* harder. Even emperor would probably be to much.

I'll wait for Greebley's vote, but it looks like 1 or 2 for next one.

Combining #1 and #2 gets tricky. We can talk more after Greebley's input. Combine the 2, and no way to play at Sid like suggested for #1. Other changes would be needed.
The true Xenophobic Fascists Daleks lead by Davros? :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

Please list your picks in order of interest. Mine is 1,2,3,4. Elephantium: 2,1,3,4. Joe 1,2,3,4
1: 4+3+4 = 11
2: 3+4+3 = 10
3: 2+2+2 = 6
4: 1+1+1 = 3 (This one is a no go)

LK171 ideas:
1 - True Fascists.

2 - Xenophobic civ.

As of now, it is #1. The only question isdo we try to combine it with #2.

All hail Fascists Davros and the Daleks. :)
They do work better if they exterminate all enemy cities.

If we do both, I think Emporer would be too easy.

demi-god shouldn't be overly hard - once we can make our own settlers we could expand rapidly.

For deity I would expect a more a challenging game but think we would still have a high chance of winning. Once we have rails it is a normal game with city razing.

They do work better if they exterminate all enemy cities.
How about #1 with partial razing of cities? That is to say, we have to raze any city that does not have a Great Wonder, or a Strategic or "Happy Face" resource in its fat cross. Maybe limit that razing until we learn Renaissance (early in the Age of Discovery).

Edit: I am repeating this in LK171

Final tease from my first turn:

I need a new target any suggestions? I would like to leave Israel and the Inca alone, because it is fun to watch them beat each other up . The Inca might be the new tech leader.
I am seriouly considering going after Brazil and/or Turkey. Arabia has 7 turns to go on its trade deal (they are paying us for tech they bought).

I need a new target any suggestions? I would like to leave Israel and the Inca alone, because it is fun to watch them beat each other up . The Inca might be the new tech leader.

South Africa is supposed to have 28 cities. That would be a nice add on for the empire.

Based on the unreal # of civs dead in turn 1, I have completed my last turn.
I think this is Joe's favorite challenge. How many civs can he kill in one set?

What is unreal is that early tanks will barely come into play. :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

South Africa looks like a good target. Or maybe Greece? Their cities are easily reachable with a minimum of fuss.

Top Bottom