[BNW] Logs not updating mid-game?

Raitaki

Chieftain
I just reinstalled Civ 5 yesterday, grabbed some new mods and wanted to try tinkering with them a bit to see if I can fix some of their bugs. However, even after I set ValidateGameDatabase = 1 and MessageLog = 1 in the config.ini file, logging doesn't seem to work correctly. The log files (including Database.log and xml.log) do update once when the main menu loads, then stop completely until the next time I launch the game so I can't see logs for any of the mods I'm testing. For what it's worth, the contents of the logs seem to always be the same except for the numbers in the [ ] brackets on the left (which I assume records the time or something like that). Does anyone happen to know what the problem is?

It should be noted that there are always 3-6 files that fail to validate when I try to verify game integrity on Steam (even when I verify twice back-to-back), but since this issue has always been around for a while I haven't thought much of it. I'm only testing workshop mods and I haven't installed the community patch or done anything else to mess with the game files. I also double-checked all the log files and made sure none of them were read-only.

Top Bottom