Looking for paid help to get custom maps working. [Not clickbait]

JuvenileIII

Chieftain
Greetings,

I've been playing Civ6 for a while now and recently discovered/played with the World Builder. I made a (large) map to play on but I keep getting errors when trying to start a single player game with a custom map.
I think I've try'd every method there is to get it working but the damn thing just....won't....load.

I'm offering either a single pay (€25?) or hourly rate of some kind. Dutch people preferred since the money transfer will be easy but I don't mind where you come from really, just want it working.

Many, many thanks in advance.

This probably sounds stupid, but let's start from the beginning. You create a map in the World Builder (using Gathering Storm ruleset?), name and save it, return to the main menu and create a game, selecting the map you just created? Then starting the game fails? What errors do you get, exactly? Do you mind posting a non-functional map as an attachment?

There's also the log files, but I think even checking just these out will help to understand the situation.

P.S. No money needed, give it to e.g. pediatric cancer research or something instead if I happen to be of any help.

First off, thank you for your response and I will me more than happy to donate to a local foundation in your stead.

Yes i've made it the same way you explained (create a map in the World Builder (using Gathering Storm ruleset), named it and saved it, returned to the main menu and created a game by selecting the map I created.
The screenshot below shows the error I get.

upload_2020-8-10_23-4-25.png

When I turn the map off in Mod menu the map will not be visible in map selection.

And this is what the log says eventhough I cannot see whether it says what the problem is.
-------------------------------------------
DebugHotloadCache: GameDebug initialized!
Test: Test.LUA loaded!
JoiningRoom: OnFinishedGameplayContentConfigure() g_waitingForContentConfigure=true
AdvancedSetup: There are 6 participating players.
AdvancedSetup: Building Game Setup
AdvancedSetup: Player Count Changed
JoiningRoom: OnFinishedGameplayContentConfigure() g_waitingForContentConfigure=true
AdvancedSetup: There are 7 participating players.
AdvancedSetup: There are 10 participating players.
AdvancedSetup: Hiding Game Setup
LoadScreen: true
LoadScreen: false
LoadScreen: OnLoadGameViewStateDone
Mods: Failed to create mods browser search context!
Test: Test.LUA loaded!
-------------------------------------------

I read somewhere that it could've been the amount of starting area's I assigned for every AI/Player and City State but I made sure there are enough spawn points for 10+1 AI and 18 City States.

Many, many thanks in advance.

Are you absolutely sure about the starting locations or that you didn't accidentally select 22 city states for the map (max amount for large maps)? I only seem to get the same error if there are not enough spawn points. I know it's really tedious to check. Maybe upload the map file like I asked before, or create another copy of the map where you just set the spawn points next to each other (when you create a new spawn point for a player, the previous disappears), so it's easier to keep track of their number - if the error is because of too few starting positions, it's much easier to check this way first than looking through the whole map.

I truly think I have the right settings and spawn points. I have added the map in a .rar file.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Edit** Yes I made it to play as Germany :)

Attachments

• ze Germans v3.rar
    68.3 KB · Views: 53
Actually got it to work! Redid all the starting positions like you said and it worked.

Thanks again!

That's great! Glad I could help.

Top Bottom