Looking for survey responses for my masters project

vfed237

Chieftain
Hi,

I'm looking for people to respond to my survey. I've created several map generation Python scripts for Civilization IV for my masters project, and this is a short survey to evaluate them. I'd greatly appreciate any responses!

You can find the survey at: https://forms.gle/4XtGKP5637FQLj1v6

Sample maps from each script are shown in the survey, but if you want to, you can also download the scripts to use them yourself at: https://github.com/vfed237/masters-project

These are way too big maps in terms of land tiles. More than 2000 tiles for standard size? No way. Speaking of no, literally no forests throughout the maps outside capitals. And your Grid map created that total flat grassland rather than images you suggest in your polls. And somehow my warrior ended up on the water the second I generated. (trust me I did not move it with worldbuilder file). And quite ugly water coastal graphic display there. I suppose thats not a big deal. What does BPS stand for anyway? And there are some other custom map scripts named Grid as well, so you might want to change it to a uniquer name. Better find a new name for it. I assume you will develop them, with forest tiles fixed, still the main reason I wouldn't play with them is size. I would like them to be 1.5 times smaller at least! You know what make that 2, especially for Random walk, the toroidal inland sea map. Well I guess I can try tiny size for 7 civs too. Good luck with your development, I really appreciate people with computer program skills developping all these custom contents for me to play. And bonus points for actually trying to make it fair balanced.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 28
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG