Low priority buildings?

Tradition finisher, not opener, for free aqueducts, so aiming for free aqueducts requires a real commitment to the Tradition policy tree.

And requires said commitment from the start. Revisiting the tree later in the game often results in waste: either you already have aqueducts, or your cities are large enough where the benefit* isn't as significant.

*Cities always benefit if going for growth, especially on large cities, but what I meant is a city going from 9 to 20 is going to benefit more than a city going from 16 to 20.

And, if you've neglected aqueducts too long, you cant ever really catch up in the time you have left in the game. It's more like youre either going from 9 to 25 or 30 with early Tradition finisher vs going from 16 to 20 with late aqueducts.

so much hate for the watermill =(
any extra food lets you grow faster, and working riverside tiles with those citizens reduces the pain of the upkeep. it's definitely worthwhile.

Watermill often get ignored in my cultural games since I can't find a good time to build it. The priorities are usually library/granary -> market/amphitheater/circus -> university/colesseum/garden (if need be) -> workshop/opera houses. Not to mention the wonders I'll try go grab within these periods. For a science game I probably would replace amphitheater with it if I have the gold to handle it.

If it's Aztecs though I would build floating gardens ASAP, probably even before granary at some point.

Top Bottom