MAC-01 Indonesia

We need to take a hard look at the save and determine where we want to go from here. My plan was to do that tonight, but something came up. Hopefully you guys will have more time then me and can give it a look.

Eric, what are your thoughts? You made several decisions during your turn set and I'm curious as to what your plan or thought process was behind them.

I'll try and look it over tomorrow night, but it'll be late. Also, I'll be away from my Mac from Wednesday to Sunday night. However, I'll be able to check the thread. Doubt that will be very helpful given I can't look at the save.

Sorry guys, but after thinking about it for a while, I think that playing my own game with my own choices is more interesting than doing stuff that you might not agree with.

PS: Wish you guys luck and I'll keep on following what's going on in your game

I'll try and look it over tomorrow night, but it'll be late. Also, I'll be away from my Mac from Wednesday to Sunday night. However, I'll be able to check the thread. Doubt that will be very helpful given I can't look at the save.

Would a swap help? I don't know if you'd have enough time to look over the save and play tonight, but if you think you can, then go ahead and play a turn set tonight.

My apologies. My wife's brother and his wife had their first child Monday night. So we've been spending the past few days visiting them and other family. I'll give the game a look later tonight.

Sorry to see you go, Eric. The hardest part for me when I first started playing SG's was getting used to playing as a team. But now I love it. It allows me to see how others play and learn from them. I suck at warmongering so I enjoy playing with warmongers and picking up tips on how they do things.

I hope you still participate in the discussions and provide opinions or ask questions as that's how we all learn.

Turn 73, 1080 BC: Caravans are unavailable due to no possible land trade routes.

Cupertino -> Stone Works

IT Ottomans ask for Embassy's and I agree.

Turn 74, 1040 BC: WB reaches the clams and tosses its nets which bumps us up to 3 :c5happy:. I lock the citizen on that tile. Growth in 5 turns. The worker moves to the cow and starts on a pasture. The scout pops the hut and gains 20 :c5culture: and then embarks into the coastal tile. Move one of Cupertino's citizens off a farmed grass and onto the farmed horse for the additional +1 :c5production:.

IT: Catholicism is founded by someone and the world's most well fed are:

Turn 75, 1000 BC: Scout steps back onto the norther part of our continent. I found an island that might be worth settling on. It has iron and two Atolls which when improved are very nice.

The Wheel -> Mathematics (heading to Currency)

Turn 76, 975 BC: Cupertino Stone Works -> Settler

Turn 75, 950 BC: Worker finishes improving the dyes and heads towards the sheep near Mavericks.

Turn 79, 900 BC: Our scout comes upon a barbarian crossbow. With any luck we can escape. Mavericks grows a pop which I assign to the sheep to speed up the archer.

Turn 80, 875 BC: Worker reaches the sheep and starts a pasture. The barb crossbow leaves our scout alone, at least for now. The worker finishes improving the cow so I move him towards the farmed horse to switch the improvement.

Turn 81, 850 BC: Odd, we don't have OB with the Ottomans, yet I've seen them cross into our territory. Our trireme heads back to our cities, since we can't go any further.

Turn 82, 825 BC: Cupertino Settler -> Granary. The settler heads towards our new city location. I start production on a granary (3 turns) so that we can run caravans out of Cupertino to our own cities.

Mathematics -> Currency.

Hopefully after our third city is built its culture will quickly grab the cotton. I'm thinking after the worker improving the horses is done he should start improving tiles around our third city. The other worker upon completing the pasture on the sheep probably should improve that other dye so that we can trade it for some cash or another lux.

Our trireme might as well come back and protect our cities and nets.

I'm thinking we should build a couple of caravans in Cupertino after the granary and send food to the other two cities to speed up their growth. After the two caravans I'm not sure. Should we build a couple of archers for defense?

After Mavericks finishes the archer I'm thinking Library next, since the :c5food: caravans should speed up its growth quickly, earning us more :c5science:. I'm wondering if our third city should build a library first and then granary, or the other way around?

I realize that island is a ways off, but is it worth considering settling on? I may be biased because of those atolls. They are sweet tiles once improved. Not the best production, so probably not as good. :hmm:

Once that worker finishes switching from a farm to improved horses, Cupertino will be at -1 :c5food:, so make sure and switch that once its completed.

View attachment Mac-01_0083 BC-0800.Civ5Save

Roster:
Methos
dojoboy -> Up!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 9.26.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 9.26.06 PM.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 629
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 9.33.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 9.33.22 PM.png
    377.5 KB · Views: 686
Mathematics -> Currency.

Likely will take my full turnset, but are you thinking to then beeline for Education? If so, Philosophy or Drama & Poetry along the way?

Hopefully after our third city is built its culture will quickly grab the cotton. I'm thinking after the worker improving the horses is done he should start improving tiles around our third city. The other worker upon completing the pasture on the sheep probably should improve that other dye so that we can trade it for some cash or another lux.

:goodjob:

Our trireme might as well come back and protect our cities and nets.

Yep.

I'm thinking we should build a couple of caravans in Cupertino after the granary and send food to the other two cities to speed up their growth. After the two caravans I'm not sure. Should we build a couple of archers for defense?

Would like to get Libraries built in our two newest cities. Cupertino can build an archer then a lighthouse and archer. ??? After Caravans.

After Mavericks finishes the archer I'm thinking Library next, since the :c5food: caravans should speed up its growth quickly, earning us more :c5science:. I'm wondering if our third city should build a library first and then granary, or the other way around?

In Mavericks, agree. Thinking third city should go Library then granary, because we'll get a science boost while while waiting on the granary.

I realize that island is a ways off, but is it worth considering settling on? I may be biased because of those atolls. They are sweet tiles once improved. Not the best production, so probably not as good. :hmm:

I say let's go for the island. It'll project our "power" and allow us to gain the bonus resources. We'd just need to keep a few boats nearby. Maybe we can capture Edirne down the road for the canal-way.

Once that worker finishes switching from a farm to improved horses, Cupertino will be at -1 :c5food:, so make sure and switch that once its completed.

Got it.

I'm considering buying BNW on Steam. I had bought Civ 5 vanilla on Steam when it first came out. I don't think we have any additional DLC on this game.

You play the Steam version, correct?

Correct. I can't remember if I turned off automatic updates. I think I did, but I'm hesitant to open Steam.

Hey are you guys still looking for players? Is it to late?

I like to think I know what I am doing in CiV and I used to always follow succession games for Civ4 but just rediscovered this website. I would love to get involved with fellow Mac gamers.

I am running the Mac store version of BNW.

We could definitely use the help. The one problem I see is dojoboy uses the Steam version, so more then likely when he opens the save it'll be updated to the new patch when the App Store patch isn't out yet. I got the impression it could be a while until it is released.

Thoughts on what to do?

Top Bottom