Mafia/NOTW Statistics

You can't win while dead!

No win for you!

I reject your definition of winning and substitute my own.

@BSmith: Well, it looks like the word documents I have all of this in will go a bit over 30000 characters. :lol: And I also have some formatting errors in it I have to fix, as well as some statistical errors- although as far as I can tell, all of the obvious statistical errors I've made are that some people have the wrong number of games survived as one alignment (not sure which- I have it recorded as something like 7 survives total, 4 as town, 2 as mafia and I'm not sure where the error is), and probably some other things I have to deal with.

But, after I finish doing all those things and get a moderator to give me a few more posts at the beginning of the thread, then I'll copy all of this in.

NOTW XLV: The DOOM Project

Won: 14 (choxorn, dcmort93, johnhughthom, NinjaCow64, SouthernKing, spaceman98, Buddhafish, BSmith1068, DaveShack, Jarrema, Mat93, Mergle, Seon, Visorslash)

Lost: 5 (CivCube, Takhisis, classical hero, BigTin, Verarde)

Town: 16 (choxorn, dcmort93, johnhughthom, NinjaCow64, SouthernKing, spaceman98, Buddhafish, BSmith1068, DaveShack, Jarrema, Mat93, Mergle, Seon, Visorslash, JoanK, topsecret)

Neutral: 2 (BigTin, Verarde)

Mafia: 4 (CivCube, Takhisis, classical hero, Autolycus)

Survived: 8 (choxorn, dcmort93, johnhughthom, NinjaCow64, SouthernKing, spaceman98, Buddhafish, Takhisis)

Replaced: 3 (Autolycus, JoanK, topsecret)

And... last, but not least, The Tomb:

Won: 14 (Dreadnought, Buddhafish, Turquoiside, MartinLuther, DaveShack, topsecret, Verarde, SouthernKing, NinjaCow64, BigTin, BSmith1068, classical hero, Jarrema, JoanK)

Lost: 4 (Arakhor, Kennigit, choxorn, SamSniped)

Town: 14 (Dreadnought, Buddhafish, Turquoiside, MartinLuther, DaveShack, topsecret, Verarde, SouthernKing, NinjaCow64, BigTin, BSmith1068, classical hero, Jarrema, JoanK)

Mafia: 4 (Arakhor, Kennigit, choxorn, SamSniped)

Survived: 2 (BigTin, Buddhafish)

And... look at that, BSmith just got a 7-game winning streak. Maybe everyone's just winning right now.

Reason why everyone's winning right now: In 2012, the Town have won 15 out of the 25 games played. The Mafia have only won 8, Neutrals 2.

And you guys say it's hard to win as a townie. :p

To be fair, this is the first time in a long time that the Total number of games won by mafia is less than half of the total games, but at least right now, there's town victories aplenty, and several new-ish players have ridiculous winning percentages right now.

Perhaps the silliest one: Dreadnought, who's 5-0 in 5 games as a townie... and 0-3 in 3 games as a mafia. :lol:

Alright then, after I finish putting all of this into the player database, the only things I have left to do are fix my errors, formatting and otherwise, get everything nice and ready for putting it all in, and get a few more posts at the beginning, and we're good to go.

I'll make a few posts now, and then go ask a mod to move them to the first page.

And... last, but not least, The Tomb:

Won: 14 (Dreadnought, Buddhafish, Turquoiside, MartinLuther, DaveShack, topsecret, Verarde, SouthernKing, NinjaCow64, BigTin, BSmith1068, classical hero, Jarrema, JoanK)

Lost: 4 (Arakhor, Kennigit, choxorn, SamSniped)

Town: 14 (Dreadnought, Buddhafish, Turquoiside, MartinLuther, DaveShack, topsecret, Verarde, SouthernKing, NinjaCow64, BigTin, BSmith1068, classical hero, Jarrema, JoanK)

Mafia: 4 (Arakhor, Kennigit, choxorn, SamSniped)

Survived: 2 (BigTin, Buddhafish)

And... look at that, BSmith just got a 7-game winning streak. Maybe everyone's just winning right now.

Reason why everyone's winning right now: In 2012, the Town have won 15 out of the 25 games played. The Mafia have only won 8, Neutrals 2.

And you guys say it's hard to win as a townie. :p

To be fair, this is the first time in a long time that the Total number of games won by mafia is less than half of the total games, but at least right now, there's town victories aplenty, and several new-ish players have ridiculous winning percentages right now.

Perhaps the silliest one: Dreadnought, who's 5-0 in 5 games as a townie... and 0-3 in 3 games as a mafia. :lol:

[SHAMELESS]I DID start playing here mostly this year[/SHAMELESS] :p

To be fair to the mafia, there has been a few unbalanced games against them.

And Jarrema, if you don't want SK roles, I will happily take them off your hands. They are the best role.

That much is true. As I will happily rant to anybody, I've lost 3 games in a row as mafia that were very definitely unbalanced in favor of the town.

Anyway, I've finished updating the database; now I just need to fix screw-ups, check some stuff, and wait for DaveShack to get back to me on moving my posts to the first page. But I think everything else is done.

Since you're all dying in anticipation, I'll give you something to do while we wait: Attempt to guess the current leaders in all of the statistical categories: Winning Percentage, Most Games Played, Most Wins, Most Games as Mafia, Percentage of Games as Mafia, Most Wins as Mafia, Percentage of Games as Mafia, Most Games as Town, Percentage of Games as Town, Most Wins as Town, Percentage of Games as Town, Most Games Survived, and Percentage of Games Survived. And, if you feel like it, Most Games Hosted, Most Players in a Game, and Most Posts in a Game. Correct Answers earn bragging rights. Wrong answers will get me telling you you're wrong, but I'll tell you what that person/game has and if they place in the top 20.

Ready... Set... Go!

That much is true. As I will happily rant to anybody, I've lost 3 games in a row as mafia that were very definitely unbalanced in favor of the town.

Anyway, I've finished updating the database; now I just need to fix screw-ups, check some stuff, and wait for DaveShack to get back to me on moving my posts to the first page. But I think everything else is done.

Since you're all dying in anticipation, I'll give you something to do while we wait: Attempt to guess the current leaders in all of the statistical categories: Winning Percentage, Most Games Played, Most Wins, Most Games as Mafia, Percentage of Games as Mafia, Most Wins as Mafia, Percentage of Games as Mafia, Most Games as Town, Percentage of Games as Town, Most Wins as Town, Percentage of Games as Town, Most Games Survived, and Percentage of Games Survived. And, if you feel like it, Most Games Hosted, Most Players in a Game, and Most Posts in a Game. Correct Answers earn bragging rights. Wrong answers will get me telling you you're wrong, but I'll tell you what that person/game has and if they place in the top 20.

Ready... Set... Go!

Winning Percentage:
Someone who hasn't played many games... Spaceman?

Most Games Played:
Autolycus?

Most Wins:
Zack?

Most Games as Mafia:
Autolycus?

Percentage of Mafia:
Dreadnought

Most wins as mafia:
Zack?

Most games of town:
Zack?

Most wins as town:
Uh... BSmith?

Percentage of games as town:
Turq?

Most games survived:
Um... DaveShack?

Percentage of survival:
Landlubber?

Most games hosted:
Zack

Most players in a game:

Uh, Classicals Gang game?

Most posts:
Classical's gang game?

If I get any right, I will be surprised.

Crap, must have forgotten to mention: You have to have at least 10 games to count for winning or survival percentage or percentage of games as townie/mafia, 10 games as a townie to count for townie winning percentage, or 5 games as mafia to count for mafia winning percentage.

Winning Percentage:
Someone who hasn't played many games... Spaceman?

See the above comment. He's played 1 game, well short of the 10 required.

Most Games Played:
Autolycus?

Good guess, but his 32 games only puts him at 15th.

Most Wins:
Zack?

Zack has 19 wins, which is a 4-way tie for 5th place.

Most Games as Mafia:
Autolycus?

Almost! Autolycus has been mafia 12 times, tying him for 2nd.

Percentage of Mafia:
Dreadnought

Dreadnought has only played 9 games.

Most wins as mafia:
Zack?

Zack has 6- which puts him into a tie for 2nd place.

Most games of town:
Zack?

Zack's been townie 28 times, which makes him 7th place here.

Most wins as town:
Uh... BSmith?

Close. His 15 wins puts him into a 3-way tie for 3rd.

Turq?

He's never been mafia... but he has been a neutral once, so his 0.941 is actually only 5th.

Most games survived:
Um... DaveShack?

Once again, close- he has 14, which puts him into a tie for third.

Percentage of survival:
Landlubber?

A while ago, he was near the top, but right now his .308 doesn't even make the top 20.

Most games hosted:
Zack

DING DING DING! We have a winner! Zack has hosted 9 games- way more than anyone else.

Most players in a game:

Uh, Classicals Gang game?

That game had 35 players, or a 3-way tie for 12th.

Most posts:
Classical's gang game?

And 1139 posts, which puts it at 8th.

You got one right, but it was probably one of the easiest ones to guess.

Winning Percentage:
Hmm. Backwards Logic?

Most Games Played:
Uh.. Zack or Renata?

Most Wins:
Takhisis? (As much as it hurts to type that :p)

Most Games as Mafia:
Diamondeye? (The stereotype has to be true! :p)

Percentage of Mafia:
Autolycus? :p

Most wins as mafia:
Landlubber?

Most games of town:
ATPG?

Most wins as town:
I dunno, Zack?

Crazy. General Olaf? (Optical)

Most games survived:
Landlubber?

Percentage of survival:
Landlubber?
Most players in a game:
LOTR
Most posts:
LOTR?

Always the mafia? Me.

Always scummy? Me.

Always Spammy? Me.

Always Obnoxious? Me.

:w00t:

Winning Percentage:
Hmm. Backwards Logic?

.447. Which, surprisingly, is a few short of the top 20.

Most Games Played:
Uh.. Zack or Renata?

41 (4th place) and 29 (17th), respectively.

Most Wins:
Takhisis? (As much as it hurts to type that :p)

15 (4-way tie for 11th)

Most Games as Mafia:
Diamondeye? (The stereotype has to be true! :p)

4, which isn't even in the top 20.

Percentage of Mafia:
Autolycus? :p

Correct! His .375 makes him the current leader, although it's been switching between him, sprig (.364, 2nd), robbiecon (.346, 3rd) and DaveShack (.343, 4th) for a while now.

Most wins as mafia:
Landlubber?

3 (4-way tie for 11th)

Most games of town:
ATPG?

16, well short of the top 20. He plays many fewer games here than you'd expect.

Most wins as town:
I dunno, Zack?

12 (3-way tie for 10th)

Crazy. General Olaf? (Optical)

Good guess. For a while, he was always townie, but then he was neutral/mafia about 5 times in a row and fell out of the top 20.

Most games survived:
Landlubber?

12, which ranks 5th.

Percentage of survival:
Landlubber?

You already guessed that, and it was already wrong. :p

Most players in a game:
LOTR
Most posts:
LOTR?

With 44 players and 3978 posts, LOTR does lead in both categories. I was sure someone would get it sooner or later- anyone who remembered that game would know it was the answer.

@Zack: You are first in nothing aside from most games Hosted. :p

So this is all a self-promotion stunt!

Of course.

Zack is correct, by the way. I also lead in Most games as Town, Most games as Mafia, Most wins as Town, and Most wins as Mafia, purely because I've played way more games than anybody else. :lol:

I don't lead in survives, though- I'm tied with DaveShack for third place in that. A couple of people are ahead of us.

You see, not only am I always the mafia, and/or scummy and always definitely annoying, but also always right. :hatsoff:

Wild Guess at Highest Percentage as Mafia - Nictel maybe? I don't remember many games where he wasn't Mafia actually.

Edit: Yeah, well...

I already said Highest Mafia percentage was Autolycus. :p

So what? You're the GM of this thread, nobody bothers to read what the GM has to say.

Top Bottom