[MOD] MagisterModmod

Having trouble accessing the Stir from Slumber ritual, is it locked behind the Cult of the Dragon? Playing a non-dragon civ (Calabim) with all of the required technologies researched.

I'm doubtful any of the AI civs have the tech to access it, so I'm wondering if it's automatically researched by barbarian civs once Acheron is spawned? Not quite sure how to check in this regard.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 12
I was excited to see the June 6th update as Magister is my fave mod. The new version loaded flawlessly, but I'm having trouble with crashes. I don't understand your log suggestions. I just get a Notepad of code which I don't know what to do with. Having lots of map crashes, and also when trading sometimes. From 2) below on, I'm talking about the previous version and a few thoughts/suggestions. I haven't been able to get that far in the new version.

1) The file attached should show the trading crash. If you trade with Kuriotates giving them Bowyers in exchange for their Fanaticism, Feudalism, and 100 cash, they agree to the terms, and it locks up.

2) Golems - seem to be waiting for an upgrade and you have to give them direction EVERY turn. ALL of them. At first I thought it was because Mud Golems replace workers, and workers don't get upgrades, but it affects ALL versions of golems. Tedious, and I don't want to build golems at all, for that reason.

3) Gunpowder units - where archery units can volley/bombard successfully, gunpowder units cannot. The damage = zero every time. Arquebus and Riflemen can't volley at units on land or sea. And Archery units only create damage for the first archer of a turn. Others get zero damage, but that may be by design.

4) The endgame - Before the new download, the entire last half of my games were creating Future Tech. I usually play on a large map, epic speed, Monarch level. My last game, I had alliances everywhere, so decided to play out the game without war. It stretched on until I had Future Tech 91. Then I changed everything to Culture, with all cities also building culture, otherwise every city would need something new to build every turn. Again, that's tedious. Perhaps another late game victory condition could be added, to give something for a team build (many cities completing a major project, like the old spaceship in vanilla - they need something to do). The Tower of Mastery, and the Altar of the Luonnotar are pretty difficult victories. If anyone else builds any portion, that victory is no longer possible. Perhaps something late in the game could give them another chance, like the Wonder that brings more mana, except with Tower and Altar options. Both the cities and the workers need something to do.

5) Conquest win - I do not think the Conquest win is possible. The Domination win will kick in long before.

6) Cultural win - One of the Victory options is a Cultural win, needing 3 cities with Legendary Culture. There's nowhere in the Civopedia (Sevopedia?) that explains what Legendary Culture is. I thought at first that it was 3 cities size 40, but I sailed on by with no win. Then, I thought maybe it was 40,000 points. Nope. It took a lot of turns with every city building culture at 100% to finally win.

7) Musings - Why isn't any seafood used at the Smokehouse?

8) Late game workers - Remember earlier versions of Civ where workers had to clean up pollution? It gave them something to do, late. I've seen nuclear fallout, but haven't noticed a way to clean it up. Railways seem to only get built by Great Engineers or Golems. Maybe late game workers could, too.

9) Magical win - a late game wonder that can only be built by magicians/adepts/mages/archmages etc.?

You've refined a lot of things since FfH2, and I love the logic. Trading makes sense, unlike in Civ 5 and 6. The terraforming is awesome, and though I've been playing Magister for years now, I still see new things come up, where it may only happen with a certain situation with certain leaders and civs.

Keep on truckin'. You're doing awesome.

Attachments

• AutoSave_TURN-0504.CivBeyondSwordSave
    669.5 KB · Views: 15
I thought you could build the altar even if another player had started theirs. You just needed a great prophet to do it. Or did this mod change that?

The Tower of Mastery, and the Altar of the Luonnotar are pretty difficult victories. If anyone else builds any portion, that victory is no longer possible. Perhaps
The towers of divination etc. are national wonders, so can be built by everyone. Perhaps I have not played the latest version, if so I shall have to download it and try.
5) Conquest win - I do not think the Conquest win is possible. The Domination win will kick in long before.
You can get conquest if you raise the cities you capture. It can be the rational thing to do if maintenance is a problem.

The towers of divination etc. are national wonders, so can be built by everyone. Perhaps I have not played the latest version, if so I shall have to download it and try.

You can get conquest if you raise the cities you capture. It can be the rational thing to do if maintenance is a problem.
Thank you. Only comment #1 was about the new version. Others were suggestions and thoughts of old one. Your point about razing the cities is well taken.

I missed new version...well, should i reinstall it completely or i could just patch last version with new one and it will be fine?

Sound hello everyone! Six months ago, I had the idea to give each new (and a little for old) religions their soundtrack when playing with them as a state religion.

For example, I already tried to insert music for the Brotherhood of the Warden, and even the music played in the background for me, but when communicating with other leaders, their soundtrack was replaced with the sound of the Fallen Soul effect (joining a dead unit to the Infernal nation). I would like to know what else I have to do in the game code so that this replacement of sounds does not happen. In the meantime, I'm looking for a way to fix this, providing you with links to playlists for almost every religion.

For each religion, I try to describe what general character I expect from it, the current state of the tracklist, the sound of the religion spreading to new cities + the sound of the founding of the religion. I warn you in these tracklists there is a lot of experimental music that may not meet your expectations, covers and not at all suitable, but elements of which I rely on. I perfectly understand all of the above and am ready to listen to your suggestions and criticism of existing ones. In this post, I will mix the first 7 tracklists ready for you to listen to.

1. Irreproachable (Mana Religion Health) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDAshZHHS3ppI8lemU3WY47g -Weakly represent this religion because of its strong connection with the religion of the Fellowship of the Leaves. I don't have much information for this religion's inspiration right now, so you might not like most of the motifs. At the moment, the music base is quite complete, but there are some pieces of music that remain in question - Prince of Persia: Sands of Time OST - #24 Awake. The music of the foundation and spread of religion is not defined.

2. White Hand (Mana Religion Ice) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDDfvjp2GcopTA_JYAr5NOh- - This religion is dark, but according to the lore (if I understood everything correctly), Mulkarn did not fall so low relative to other fallen gods. This fact gives me the opportunity to use neutral-evil music, slow, even a little lullaby motifs. At the moment, the music base is NOT quite complete. The music of the foundation and spread of religion is not defined, but in Ashes of Erebus the theme is quite good, I think later I will find where it comes from and put it in the playlist.

3. Brotherhood of Warden (Mana Religion Spirit) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDDae7TuNI_6EnSzrETQNnWU - Religion from which I got the idea to create these track lists. I really enjoy playing as Elohim, and as I played, I got the impression that it should be a religion where ONLY the women's choir and the singing of the women in the monastery should be present in its music. At the moment, the music base is full, but I would add more. The music of the foundation and spread of religion is not defined. It is worth noting that the song 【k@n】Lilium (a capella ver.)【Elfen Lied OP】, is beautiful and very suitable for this religion (in my opinion).

4. Eternal Cabal (Mana Religion Death) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDAJexzdGHgWCvq7_h1IYBob - According to lore, this is a religion about a certain predestination. There are many themes in the tracklist hinting at the "dark" magic of Death which I will most likely remove, but who knows. At the moment, the music database is full and needs some sorting and cleaning. The music of the foundation and spread of religion is not defined. Music Iratus: Lord of the Dead OST | Original Soundtrack | Iratus OST does not need all (or with the exception of some, you can use everything), but only two Unholy Grounds and Dark Avarice.

5. Foxmen (Mana Religion Air) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDC_1oRIVFVeLUbbZeQcv-Oi. - Love to play through this religion. The wind in music must constantly change the rhythm from static to dynamic. I tried to have a flute or other wind instruments constantly present in the music, which would be sent to the sacred building of this religion (a fairy or a nymph, I'm sorry I didn't understand) At the moment, the music database is full and needs some sorting and cleaning. The music of the foundation and spread of religion is not defined.

6. House of Plenty (Mana Religion Creation) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDBshZDCtBE4KaTxXoU7TBly - Like air magic, one of the favorite religions in the game. The music of this religion should be versatile, meditative (like a master working on another masterpiece). At the moment the track list is full, but I would add something more masterpiece). There is no sound of the spread of religion yet.

7. Beetween (Mana Religion Dimensional) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDDZdRkN4AB-7qptiBbpMO0X - I like to take this religion in games. I decided to give myself free rein in possible musical compositions, namely from the game Loop Hero (it is also about teleportation, space and summoning).

P.s. I really look forward to your feedback and suggestions on the current set of tracklists. A little later I will throw off tracklists for other religions.

Am I having bad luck or does the AI not build anything but tier 1 units? Several games now and unless they get a religious unit, it's mass warriors, barely any buildings. Last game I tried was on immortal with no building requirements / no level requirements. They each seemed to have amassed a huge army, which sapped their economy dry. They do expand with new cities, but when borders start colliding, it becomes endless warrior spam.

With regard to Nikkis-Knight's Erebus map, where do you think the new Unique Features should go? The only one I'm reasonably sure of is the Grigi Abattoir, which should logically be near the Grigi Plains (near the Grigori).

I'm playing a game vs Auric Ulvin and the AI for him is outright suicidal. He'll attack my doomstack with only his avatar (4 strength), which promptly leads to a very anti-climatic end of his civilization. Is this normal?

Am I having bad luck or does the AI not build anything but tier 1 units? Several games now and unless they get a religious unit, it's mass warriors, barely any buildings. Last game I tried was on immortal with no building requirements / no level requirements. They each seemed to have amassed a huge army, which sapped their economy dry. They do expand with new cities, but when borders start colliding, it becomes endless warrior spam.

It does happen very often for me too.

I'm playing a game vs Auric Ulvin and the AI for him is outright suicidal. He'll attack my doomstack with only his avatar (4 strength), which promptly leads to a very anti-climatic end of his civilization. Is this normal?
While it isnt good tactics...for a guy who is as crazy, insane, and has as big a god complex as him by that point?

Sounds entirely in character for him to miscalculate how strong he is.

Hello everyone again! This post is a continuation of a post about music for each new (and a little for old) religions presented in the Magister's mod...

8. Occisor (Body Mana Religion) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDCmR6dJeZYY_CGz5BNFAy1p - reading about this religion gave me a familiar feeling when I played dark elves in Warhammer Total War 2. They are kind of too psychopaths worshiping Kane - the god of murder. Most of the music is taken from there and I think it fits pretty well.It is also worth saying on my own, while reading about this religion, some thought came to me about its parallels with the effects of testerone on the human body (male), such as Aggression, Dominance (well, or leadership), muscle gain, possibly psychopathism, and sexual attraction to the opposite semi. Cult of Gigachad or bodybuilders))))

9. Adherent of Inequalities (Mind Mana Religion) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDDt5HrF-e6To_OX5JtxVRJG - Haven't played much with this religion and don't fully understand its concept. On the one hand, it should be the theme of the Oligarchs, bankers, and so on. On the other hand, it is something abstract... the tones of music penetrating into your consciousness. and yes... Lacrimosa is a good fit for the sound of spreading religion... not sure though.

10. Sons of Discord (religion of Chaos magic) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDAVcqqKaD4fqyi7gO4iNI3X - contradictory... As a climax of thought and concept, you should have listened to a set of unrelated sounds in gloomy tones, but few people will listen to this ((((. Therefore, the emphasis here is on a constantly combative theme in order to lead the player into battle even in peacetime (there are almost no peaceful and calm musical compositions). And not an unimportant component is the inconsistency of musical songs ( slow, fast, etc.)

11. Laeran Cord (Religion of Magic Metamagic) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDAWT3OZOd6KRSAD65hgLUw0 - Played a lot, Funny mechanics of getting additional archmages and just magicians. But I could not catch a note of this religion, so I'll leave it as it is, and then I can add / redo it.

12. Ember Legion (Religion of Fire Magic) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDAhU0byjLtHcS5bW7zpo7Ki - here the situation is reversed. The approximate message is clear (drums, shamanic songs, barbarians), but so far the music is not enough. I didn't discover this religion enough for myself. It has strong parallels with the theme of the religion of the Sons of Strife, but it is acceptable to have peaceful, ritual overtones. I still need to work with the musical themes from Icewind Dale II

13. The Gray Council (The Religion of the Magic of Strength) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDCYOHTFOPGpDKKYGu_bKqZQ - I feel a strong parallel with the religion of Order. I understand this parallel, but it is necessary to step aside a little. I think to add some Japanese and Chinese motifs (Katai from Warhammer 3 total war I think it will do, I haven’t listened yet), connected with the motive of the balance of the dark and light sides of yin and yang. While the set of music is weak.

14. Ring Givers (Religion of Magic Enchantment). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDBfYe-CPYYCkReYE1m-cle1 - I haven't played much with this religion because of the annoying bug with golems (perpetual promotion hehe). I managed to collect some music, I'm not sure if anything fell into what I had in mind.

15. Ashen Veil - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDB1WO3KbAyiKWSqEdnsgmJ_ - Just an addition to an existing religion

16. Cult of Esus (Shadow Magic Religion) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKGQ_InTqoDBDxF1uyMp6Lo4qpkO9K_J9 - Just an addition to an existing religion.

For other religions, I could not find music ... I read very little and played for Matrons and Luonnatar in order to highlight for myself the basis and idea of these religions.

P.s. That's all for now. Music will be updated over time. In the future, I will probably draw more on FfH 2. It is planned to redraw the interface for each of the religions. I'm waiting for your ideas and wishes)))

Last edited:
While it isnt good tactics...for a guy who is as crazy, insane, and has as big a god complex as him by that point?

Sounds entirely in character for him to miscalculate how strong he is.
Well yes, but from a gameplay perspective it might be a good idea to make it so that his civ doesn't die with him, given how the AI is unable to handle this vulnerability.

But I've had to give up this mod anyway due to crashes and slowdowns after only 200 turns :( Had a blast though!

Attachments

• Пожиратель Снова 3.png
    Пожиратель Снова 3.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
i ran into a very annoying bug in my last game where all the Hippus units became totally inmune to my spells, like it didn't matter what i casted at them or which unit did it it, if it could be resisted it would be resisted everytime (direct damage spells with no resistance check worked fine), i even made the tower of mastery and it made no difference, it made fighting their 95%-105% withdrawal chance horse archers/Cavalary a gigantic pain in the ass, they completely ran over the other AIs with their near unkillable horse archers + heal them with regen combo, another of FFH modmods, Ashes from erebus makes it so units get a promotion after retreating once which gives them a -100% malus to retreat chance which expires after 1 turn, this way you don't have to deal with their near infinite retreat crap but they are still able to retreat and thust retain their purpose. this or something similar would be very good to implement in this mod, keep in mind that the enemy wasn't even using shadowwalk on their units so they could even have had higher retreat chances! which is just silly, makes every other unit pointless if you can spam enough horse archers/cav and its really unfun to go up against, specially since getting highly promoted units right off the bat is really easy in this mod as there are a lot more buildings and effects that give those free xp points for units, so the flanking promotions are trivial to adquiere, i had to make a bunch of cav of my own to fully surround each of their horse archer stacks before engaging it so they couldn't retreat otherwise it was a waste of time to even attack them directly, this was a very unenjoyable way to play to say the least, specially since i couldn't do anything else to cripple them because my spells didn't work on them.

my spells worked on every other civilization in the game, i captured all of the hippus citys eventually and left them only with one city, surrounded it and tried my spells again, it made no difference, 100% resist chance everytime, did the same with the only malakim city remaining and all spells work against their units like intended, later on summoned auric back in the game with the white hand ritual and, again, my spells worked on their units, this bug seemed to affect the Hippus specifically, no other civ not even the barbs were affected by it , it cannot be the Nullstone citadel's fault because i made it myself to deny others from having it, the Crucible hasn't been built either.

also i don't know if this is a bug or not (but it surely seems like it) but some of the Enchantment 3 Artifacts can be destroyed by hostiles mages with the dispel magic spell, but nor in the dispel magic description nor anywhere else does it says that it also destroys enemies artifacts, which it clearly doesn't because it doesn't affect all the Enchantment 3 artifacts you can craft, from what i saw it only affects the shield of balance (force), seven league boots (air), spellstaffs (metamagic) the dahlia band (spirit) and the deasil charm (sun), every other item you can craft with the craft artifact spell cannot be removed via dispel magic (not even the potions that eventually expire by themselves if not used), any item i found via exploring like Mist or the resounding shield were not getting dispelled either, so it only affects these ones, if dispel magic is intended to do this then it should say it in its description, but i don't agree with it doing so (if its indeed intended) as making the items/giving them to units is already a lot of hassle just for a random enemy mage with meta-affinity to spawn and automatically invalidate all the turns you spend gearing up your units with them, with buff spells that get dispelled from my units i can just recast them the next turn, in order to give my units their lost artifacts back i have to, go to the mana node, make it (which takes an archmage turn), give it to my unit if its close (which most of the time it won't be) or give it to another unit which is gonna ferry the items to its destination, which can take a lot of turns depending on how far away your units are, even with the help of airlifting, so its basically not worth the effort to craft them if they can be countered this easily, besides it doesn't make sense for them to work this way, they are items and as such are supposed to behave different than dispelable effects that's what makes them interesting to use in the first place, it also doesn't make sense because it doesn't affect all items, so i really hope this is just another annoying bug and not an actual intended feature

asides from that the mod is in a much better state than when i played it several years ago so great job on improving it all the way through

here's the save where i encountered these bugs

Attachments

• Magister Save.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
I've been the playing 2018 version of Magister Modmod for a while and forgot to check for updates, so I'm pleasantly surprised to see this is still being updated. :goodjob:

Some of my impressions and possible bugs on playing a game after 4 years of changes in one go:

What are these (+1) and (-1) next to the 0 and 1 mana numbers?
Mana does what now? This magic promotion system keeps getting more complicated.
Huh, F-keys are fullscreen now.
That's a lot of new religions. But only the classic ones appear to have holy cities to do Great Prophet stuff with.
Svartalfar have a "Stealing" or "Kidnapping" mechanic (are these different things?) due to being Sinister, but I can't find this in the 'pedia to figure out how it works.
Miscast system is both annoying and confusing, some spells seem to have no penalty for miscast and I simply try again until it works.
Lanun OP, nerf pls. The AI rushed Heron Throne and ran away with the game, seemingly because the Lanun are now guaranteed many solid tiles + some great tiles on water. (Pirate Port a whopping 5/3/6.)
What is up with these Great People of several types starting at 26/37 experience and no promotions when spawned?
Rescuers can steal a rival's population while at peace. I have no idea about the balance on this, but it's hilarious keeping the Calabim capital at 1 population and harvesting it for about 50 shields of settler every few turns.
Why do I see "Tank" at the end of the tech tree now? (In 2018 it stopped at Arquebus, iirc.)
AI turns get longer faster.
AI still able to get stuck inland by planting its capital 1 tile away from coast and marginalizing other tiles so it's stuck with a single city. Poor Amelanchier. I will have to invade and take his yggdrasil fruit at some point.

Workers still hella costly and slow, unimproved tiles in my capital ring on turn 300.
Oh wow my Rescuers can even make rival cities lose culture *threshholds* so their influence contracts. This feels like it shouldn't work.
It feels weird that the game incentivizes me to repeatedly flip between Way of Leaves to cast Bloom and get ancient forest tiles, and Council of Esus (or other non-Way) to build lumbermills on the forests.
I discovered the Khazad late this game. Their starting position feels unfairly bad. Maybe there should be slightly less mountain-weighting, or hinting at the AI to move starting settler. Resources in the vicinity are Ice mana, Copper, Jewelry.

Also why is "Jewelry" a resource when there's already Gems and Gold??
Oh wow, I can build the Grand Menagerie for once. I think that's never happened to me before outside of the scenario for it.
Stonewardens can cast Diligence now? Very cool, still going to aim for the Earth+Creation setup for my adepts, have one sit in each city.
WTF, WTF, WTF? I was invading the Calabim and had them down to their last city when suddenly "Mahon the Butcher has signed a Permanent Alliance with Falamar. Falamar has declared WAR on you!" despite Falamar having +11 Friendly opinion of me on the turn before.
I got a Great Prophet who can cast Summon Imp. I try it out. He *miscasts* Summon Imp, it's hostile, and attacks the city. My archer got easy XP from that. I'm going to cast this every turn now, it's like Spell of XP.
A Vicar cast "Found Temple of the Empyrean" in a city with Council of Esus. I got two messages about the resulting fight, one saying that each of Esus and Empyrean won, and when I checked on the city, it had both.
In retrospect, the AI appears to have mostly stopped the old bad habit of building 20 Warriors to defend the capital. Now it has fewer, high-tier units instead.
I got a message about Falamar completing Heron Throne again on turn 445. Does it move?
The link from "Machinery" to "Railroad" in the 'pedia is broken.
Priest of Leaves' "Call Animal" says "Lion or Wolf", but sometimes it gives a Bear.
What do I need to do for a Priest of Leaves to cast Bloom? Way of Forests state religion is apparently insufficient. Can they not cast it at all? I know I had someone casting it but I lost track of whom.
My high-production wonder city is the holy city of 4 religions thanks to religion-founding wonders. They're starting to blur together and feel like filler, except for the railroad-building Tinkers.
Speaking of which, Tinkers and Artificers have the same 300 hammer cost, shouldn't Tinkers be 150 because they're a tier lower?
I recall Fertility used to be +7 food and was a reason to rush Creation mana. Now it's in Life and is +7 food, +50% food, staggeringly powerful, but Mages seem to have been nerfed and made rarer.
Huh, settlers changed from 2 to "Cannot found within 3 plots of city". Forced spacing?

Great work, Magister!

Last edited:
I've been the playing 2018 version of Magister Modmod for a while and forgot to check for updates, so I'm pleasantly surprised to see this is still being updated. :goodjob:

Some of my impressions and possible bugs on playing a game after 4 years of changes in one go:

What are these (+1) and (-1) next to the 0 and 1 mana numbers?
Mana does what now? This magic promotion system keeps getting more complicated.
Huh, F-keys are fullscreen now.
That's a lot of new religions. But only the classic ones appear to have holy cities to do Great Prophet stuff with.
Svartalfar have a "Stealing" or "Kidnapping" mechanic (are these different things?) due to being Sinister, but I can't find this in the 'pedia to figure out how it works.
Miscast system is both annoying and confusing, some spells seem to have no penalty for miscast and I simply try again until it works.
Lanun OP, nerf pls. The AI rushed Heron Throne and ran away with the game, seemingly because the Lanun are now guaranteed many solid tiles + some great tiles on water. (Pirate Port a whopping 5/3/6.)
What is up with these Great People of several types starting at 26/37 experience and no promotions when spawned?
Rescuers can steal a rival's population while at peace. I have no idea about the balance on this, but it's hilarious keeping the Calabim capital at 1 population and harvesting it for about 50 shields of settler every few turns.
Why do I see "Tank" at the end of the tech tree now? (In 2018 it stopped at Arquebus, iirc.)
AI turns get longer faster.
AI still able to get stuck inland by planting its capital 1 tile away from coast and marginalizing other tiles so it's stuck with a single city. Poor Amelanchier. I will have to invade and take his yggdrasil fruit at some point.
Workers still hella costly and slow, unimproved tiles in my capital ring on turn 300.
Oh wow my Rescuers can even make rival cities lose culture *threshholds* so their influence contracts. This feels like it shouldn't work.
It feels weird that the game incentivizes me to repeatedly flip between Way of Leaves to cast Bloom and get ancient forest tiles, and Council of Esus (or other non-Way) to build lumbermills on the forests.
I discovered the Khazad late this game. Their starting position feels unfairly bad. Maybe there should be slightly less mountain-weighting, or hinting at the AI to move starting settler. Resources in the vicinity are Ice mana, Copper, Jewelry.
Also why is "Jewelry" a resource when there's already Gems and Gold??
Oh wow, I can build the Grand Menagerie for once. I think that's never happened to me before outside of the scenario for it.
Stonewardens can cast Diligence now? Very cool, still going to aim for the Earth+Creation setup for my adepts, have one sit in each city.
WTF, WTF, WTF? I was invading the Calabim and had them down to their last city when suddenly "Mahon the Butcher has signed a Permanent Alliance with Falamar. Falamar has declared WAR on you!" despite Falamar having +11 Friendly opinion of me on the turn before.
I got a Great Prophet who can cast Summon Imp. I try it out. He *miscasts* Summon Imp, it's hostile, and attacks the city. My archer got easy XP from that. I'm going to cast this every turn now, it's like Spell of XP.
A Vicar cast "Found Temple of the Empyrean" in a city with Council of Esus. I got two messages about the resulting fight, one saying that each of Esus and Empyrean won, and when I checked on the city, it had both.
In retrospect, the AI appears to have mostly stopped the old bad habit of building 20 Warriors to defend the capital. Now it has fewer, high-tier units instead.
I got a message about Falamar completing Heron Throne again on turn 445. Does it move?
The link from "Machinery" to "Railroad" in the 'pedia is broken.
Priest of Leaves' "Call Animal" says "Lion or Wolf", but sometimes it gives a Bear.
What do I need to do for a Priest of Leaves to cast Bloom? Way of Forests state religion is apparently insufficient. Can they not cast it at all? I know I had someone casting it but I lost track of whom.
My high-production wonder city is the holy city of 4 religions thanks to religion-founding wonders. They're starting to blur together and feel like filler, except for the railroad-building Tinkers.
Speaking of which, Tinkers and Artificers have the same 300 hammer cost, shouldn't Tinkers be 150 because they're a tier lower?
I recall Fertility used to be +7 food and was a reason to rush Creation mana. Now it's in Life and is +7 food, +50% food, staggeringly powerful, but Mages seem to have been nerfed and made rarer.
Huh, settlers changed from 2 to "Cannot found within 3 plots of city". Forced spacing?

Great work, Magister!

I'll answer a few of these...

Most of the new religions can be founded by building a wonder that acts as a shrine (Bazaar of Mammon for his religion, etc).

"Stealing" takes an artifact from a unit, "kidnapping" I think steals settled Great People?

Tanks have been added because Kael has expanded his explanations of the lore on what comes after the current era the game is set in, in the Age of Invention when FfH civs industrialize (mostly through the Matronae religion). Most of his explanations are over there on the r/fallfromheaven subreddit, though they're kind of scattered across many short stories.

Jewelry is from the base game, it's a unique building resource for the Kuriotates like Fine Clothes. The idea is that Kuriotates can exchange them for other luxury resources that they'd have trouble acquiring otherwise.

Bloom now requires the Nature magic sphere lvl 2, it's no longer a purely divine ability. If the unit has a high enough level, they can improve a New Forest to a Forest, and if they have an even higher level and Fellowship as their religion, a Forest to an Ancient Forest. This means that Elf civs are now less dependant on Fellowship as a state religion.

And yeah, the game can be buggy and unbalanced, though I don't think Magister is much guided by a concern for balance so much as lore accuracy and fun mechanics.

Jewelry is from the base game, it's a unique building resource for the Kuriotates like Fine Clothes. The idea is that Kuriotates can exchange them for other luxury resources that they'd have trouble acquiring otherwise.
Jewelry is appearing on the land near the Khazad capital, I don't think that was from the base game?
"Stealing" takes an artifact from a unit, "kidnapping" I think steals settled Great People?
And how do I target/use these?

This has always been a thing, since base civ. It's part of why vassal civs suck.

This does remind me that perhaps I want to play Magister's mod from a few years ago, before turns took so long.

Top Bottom