[MOD] MagisterModmod

I seem to have encountered an issue with the Tower Of Mastery.

I've built the required 4 other Towers (Divination, Alteration, Elements and Necromancy) but the Tower Of Mastery is greyed out, claiming that I actually need 2 of each (says 1/2 required for each Tower) of these Towers first.

I know they are 'Team Wonders' but I assumed this meant any member of a team can contribute any number of the required 4 Towers. I'm not actually part of a Team or Permanent Alliance, but I do have 4 vassals.

I checked with World Builder and I am a Team of 1 (with Team Id: 0) so this makes the Tower of Mastery impossible to build and victory impossible to achieve. I tested with World Builder merging a vassal into my Team and then placing another 1 of each of the 4 Towers in their cities and it does seem to have detected the required number of the 4 Towers (2 each) to allow me to build Tower of Mastery.

I know there were questions around how easy to achieve the Tower of Mastery was so maybe this was an attempt to make it a harder goal? Either that or I've found a bug.

I have a save file with all 4 of the towers built, and the Tower of Mastery being greyed out as a build option.

Attachments

• Pilmar TURN-1088.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
The Tower of Mastery should definitely not require 2 of each prerequisite lesser towers. I just started a test game and verified it worked as intended (gave myself all techs, one of each mana, and the 4 lesser towers and at all times it only asked for one of each).

I also tested both enabling and disabling it as a victory condition, and it works fine for me in each case.

I can't load the save you sent, but i suspect that is an issue on my end rather than with your save game (as i am using Linux). Although i don't think i've ever had a game go for 1000+ turns, so maybe something bugs out after a long time. Do you have an old save from the same game in the early turns, to see if the issue persists there?

Also, if you start a new game, does the issue persist?

I've attached a picture of of the Sevopedia entry for Tower of Mastery that I see.

Unfortunately the earliest save I have is at turn 993, and it still exhibits the issue.

I started a new game with the exact same settings and the Tower of Mastery has a requirement of 1 for each of the 4 magic towers, it seems this has broken at some point during my current game.

This is the first time I've played FFH since maybe 2012, so I can't remember how many turns I would usually play in a single game, but I always play on

1) Huge map size (or slightly bigger if I can be bothered to edit the Civ4WorldInfo.xml files)
2) Marathon game speed
3) All Victories enabled except Time Victory
3) Require Complete Kills
4) More Animals
5) More Events

So I would tend to play for a while. And in this run through of MagisterModMod I have enabled:

6) Permanent Alliances (but I didn't have any, only vassals)
7) Revolutions
8) Puppet States

I was basically at the end of my current game anyway (I was about to build Tower of Mastery before I encountered this bug) so I just gave it to myself with World Builder and brought the game to a close.

I'll keep a close eye on this in future though and keep all my saves. Hopefully I can narrow down how it happens.

Attachments

• ToM-sevopedia-entry.png
    ToM-sevopedia-entry.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I have been playing the scenarios, but gotten a serious bug with The Black Tower. I played normally, quit and the next time I loaded it up all the pirate coves stopped working and able to upgrade. They state they have to be worked (they are) to upgrade and Lanun only. Some of them were already upgraded, but after loading all downgraded to pirate coves. The cities are still Lanun looking in Worldbuilder and can build the lanun unique port, but all the ports are just broken. I only have the 3 starting cities so far, all Lanun. So I guess the game stopped thinking I'm Lanun. It was the first time I loaded that game, but I had a previous save, if I load that the same happens. Anyway to fix that? The ports are afterall the best part of the Lanun.

Some comments on other scenarios. The Radiant Guard works much better than back with FFH2, the Infernals actually attack now, but is still kinda broken. You get mediocre units with one or two goods one, the miscasts on the mages is cancer and you can end up killing yourself, especially the archmage with the summons. The Infernals send way to strong units: multiple Beast of Agares, Ira (14-18str, 2-4move wtf), heavy promoted High Priest summoning 20str Balors that can cast range2 rust to make your units even weaker and hellfires that damages everything getting close, 20str Madero Hero with +170% +50%Paladin(your best unit) +++other stuff. So I managed to get to 100 kills, then I should kill Hyborem lol. I remembered just cheating the first time I played, so I checked WB and one Infernal city had like 4 normal defender, the other 2 had 50-60 each with Agares, Iras, Liches, Highpriest and Priest, Immortals, Longbows and a whole bunch of Axemen and Spectres. And building more of course. Thats ridiculous, how are you supposed to win that map without cheating in a Dragon and killing in Hyborem and calling it a day?

How do the Mask of Esus work and where do you get them? I thought about playing Basium in Lord of Balors, since Capria already has Order I looked around the new religions if there is another fitting one, found the unblemished(?) and Basiums ability to change into the Restorer and found the Matronae, which sound interesting. Can you actually do that in that scenario?

I think the scenarios were never properly updated to changes in the base mod. This why they sometimes behave strangely, when you try to play them on another version than in which they were created.

It wasn't a problem with the scenario, but the "Advanced Tactics" option. If Advanced Tactics is on, Lanun coves just don't work. Not sure about Grigori homesteads, didn't test.

How do you actually see invisible units? Not animal stealth, but Mask of Esus or Esus Thiefs invisibility? There must be more than just Empyrean priests right?

Top Bottom