Main Download Information

Has anybody here ever won the game on noble difficulty with version 1.74. I say it's impossible. The deck is stacked big time against the player. Every single bad event hits me multiple times. I never see them hit the ai. Just now got a barbarain event that put 8 archers right at my capital. And unless you are very lucky with the goody huts you are stuck with ONE city while the ai has up to 4. I thought noble difficulty put you on even group with the ai. It isnt even close. The ai has huge advantages at that level.

Events are random and don't change frequency with difficulty. There is no way for the game to know which events are "bad" and which are "good"; they aren't coded that way. I'd just say that the Random Number Generator hates you. ;)

Has anybody here ever won the game on noble difficulty with version 1.74. I say it's impossible. The deck is stacked big time against the player. Every single bad event hits me multiple times. I never see them hit the ai. Just now got a barbarain event that put 8 archers right at my capital. And unless you are very lucky with the goody huts you are stuck with ONE city while the ai has up to 4. I thought noble difficulty put you on even group with the ai. It isnt even close. The ai has huge advantages at that level.

Me on Noble 1.74E

Spoiler :

That picture is meaningless until you realize that Siam, Ethiopia, India, and Russia are my vassals. The mod is harder on Noble compared to vanilla or 1.73 but that's because the AI is smarter (BetterAI) and I'm not producing a unit or two per turn like I was in 1.73. At this rate, I'm going to get a domination victory before Industrial and this is on Noble.

Harder than usual but not impossible or even close to being impossible and I beat the barbarian uprising.

uhhh Afforess, damn great work!!!!
patch E solved my "waiting for..." bug. its amazing. thx alot.
ur the :king:

i will name my next civ afforessians!!! :scan:
and ofcourse name my first born afforess :lol:

thannknkks alot,
and good luck in civ 5

I turn goody huts off - and I did get dogpiled by a large pack of AIs, but I was able to use terrain and chokepoints (hooray xUPT!) to beat them back, and they've turned to other pursuits now, though I'm about to get in a 'discussion' with Spain about their landgrabs - but it's looking very good for me.

They *are* being far more competitive with me than they usually are.
(Oh, turn Tech Brokering off, it prevents the AIs from researching everything like one massive team like they normally do)

Patch F is up, thank you all for being patient. ;)

A New Dawn 1.74 Patch F Changes:
  • Fixed Air Strike CTD
  • Fixed Guild Halls being constructable w/o Guilds Option
  • Fixed Leonardo's Workshop & Newton's University
  • Wonder Movies will not play if you already have constructed the building before
  • Better RoM Change: Maintenance Penalties are increased for the largest empire in the game, decreased for all others, based on city count.

Oh good, also are taci fusi's supposed to have a range of three? I remember reading something about ICBM type nukes not having any range at all and there are 2 increase air range techs totaling 3 range.

[...]
  • Better RoM Change: Maintenance Penalties are increased for the largest empire in the game, decreased for all others, based on city count.
you could've looked over my organization civics in my alternative civics thread. they do quite the same job. though they are still under testing they show the basic balance idea.

however the other, overwritten civics need more work. i've already an updated version on my pc but it's not ready for release yet.

you could've looked over my organization civics in my alternative civics thread. they do quite the same job. though they are still under testing they show the basic balance idea.

however the other, overwritten civics need more work. i've already an updated version on my pc but it's not ready for release yet.

Thanks, this feels more balanced at the start of Transhuman era. I have 33 cities for which Patch F got me with some 1000 gold per turn less: 775 distance, 764 number of cities, 37% inflation.

Oh good, also are taci fusi's supposed to have a range of three? I remember reading something about ICBM type nukes not having any range at all and there are 2 increase air range techs totaling 3 range.

Oh yeah; I'll look into that.

I like your civic changes; but they would have broken saves. I can't break saves in a patch.

Thanks, this feels more balanced at the start of Transhuman era. I have 33 cities for which Patch F got me with some 1000 gold per turn less: 775 distance, 764 number of cities, 37% inflation.

Great. I tested on Os79's save, where he was raking in 266 gold, with only a 20% tax rate; and he dropped about 150 gold a turn.

Is it just me or does anyone else have the federal civic giving -3000% revolution sentiment?

Is it just me or does anyone else have the federal civic giving -3000% revolution sentiment?

"Is it just me...?" is a bit inexact question. Better strategy is to upload your AND installation log and savegame so Afforess can see it.

Well, you could always do a 1.75, which incorporates bugfixes and Killfire's stuff and then release 1.8 when RoM 3.0 is out.

You know, you could always "kludge" in elections by including a few events similar to the disputed succession/great person event, giving slight effects for favouring the various parties in your government.

Patch F is up, thank you all for being patient. ;)

A New Dawn 1.74 Patch F Changes:
  • Fixed Air Strike CTD
  • Fixed Guild Halls being constructable w/o Guilds Option
  • Fixed Leonardo's Workshop & Newton's University
  • Wonder Movies will not play if you already have constructed the building before

-Nevermind-

Top Bottom