Main Download Information

Afforess did something change either in the most current RoM or AND? Because whenever I make a mine now it removes the forest. That didn't use to happen in RoM. Not really a bug but it's weird. Can any modmods cause that?

I am playing a snail pace game, but since I updated the game from patch E to patch F research now takes 5 times longer, yet I am producing the same number of beakers per turns.

Is there anyway to tweak this so the hit isn't so harsh?

Afforess did something change either in the most current RoM or AND? Because whenever I make a mine now it removes the forest. That didn't use to happen in RoM. Not really a bug but it's weird. Can any modmods cause that?
AND changed it. Almost everything removes the forest now.

I am playing a snail pace game, but since I updated the game from patch E to patch F research now takes 5 times longer, yet I am producing the same number of beakers per turns.

Is there anyway to tweak this so the hit isn't so harsh?

Eternity Gamespeed was messed up in Patch F; but all other speeds should be fine.

Better Balancing. Allowing the forest to stay gives mines an extra hammer; which was part of the overproduction issue in 1.73.

It used to be easy for me to ignore certain wonders (National ones) for military development because of that overflowing hammers. Now I have to be very selective what National wonders, and few WW I lucked into, so I can use good militarily practical NWs for my three military units producing cities :D. Very smart, Afforess :lol:.

Eternity Gamespeed was messed up in Patch F; but all other speeds should be fine.

I liked the new tech costs myself. Turned off the game date so everything felt right. The one thing that had be be done was fixing the improvement build times (120 turns to build a road=lol) and after a while, I got creative and edited some other things so that it was basically snail with increased tech times (10x more).

Of course, I had to turn tech brokering off because if I didn't, everyone would be at the same tech most of the game but it's making Tech Diffusion and Conquest helpful in development.

Tech Brokering off should almost be the standard. Otherwise, all of the freakin' AIs tend to research as one huge team.

Patch F is up, thank you all for being patient. ;)

A New Dawn 1.74 Patch F Changes:
  • Wonder Movies will not play if you already have constructed the building before

I'm not sure I understand this change. Does this mean that if the human player builds a particular wonder in a game, then the wonder movie will never play again if he builds that same wonder in subsequent games?

Tech Brokering off should almost be the standard. Otherwise, all of the freakin' AIs tend to research as one huge team.

So?

I'm not sure I understand this change. Does this mean that if the human player builds a particular wonder in a game, then the wonder movie will never play again if he builds that same wonder in subsequent games?

No, that simply means if you build a wonder twice in one game, you only see the movie once. You will still see the movie every game.

Question:

Why does the Organized trait give double production speed of Factories/Manufacturing plants and not Industrious? Ind seems to be the trait that does the faster production speed for buildings in that line - Org should be working on the Courthouse line and the city council line. Industrious already does the Manufactory, Forge, Steel Mill, etc.

Also one makes a better case for Organized for the River Regulation that Ind currently has.

Honestly I like the ai's all researching as one big team, it keeps them up to my pace until late industrial era. I do get bored of fighting axemen with Nanite Clouds :p

Question:

Why does the Organized trait give double production speed of Factories/Manufacturing plants and not Industrious? Ind seems to be the trait that does the faster production speed for buildings in that line - Org should be working on the Courthouse line and the city council line. Industrious already does the Manufactory, Forge, Steel Mill, etc.

Also one makes a better case for Organized for the River Regulation that Ind currently has.

Most traits become weaker and weaker as time goes by. Faster construction of later-era building was a kind of Firaxis's solution for that.

Most traits become weaker and weaker as time goes by. Faster construction of later-era building was a kind of Firaxis's solution for that.

I really like the faster construction speed of those kind of buildings - otherwise for example, I don't think I'd look at Industrious. I actually pick it more for the faster production of production buildings and look at the 50% wonder prod as a secondary benefit in RoM.

Ind is already powerful and I think Organized is fit for Factory. It doesn't need any change.

Patch G is up.

A New Dawn 1.74 Patch G Changes:
  • Fixed CTD When Player With No Capital Attempts to change Warplans
  • All Air Units will have Automation available to them
  • Fixed Eternity Gamespeed
  • Improved City Screen Commerce Hovers
  • Buildings that Give Free Trade Routes show Actual Effects.

Top Bottom