Main Download Information

Didn't you watch LOTR:ROTK Extended Edition? The staff got broken by the Witch King of Angmar. Now I have to use all these second-rate staffs, which is the problem..
The Witch King is a punk.:lol:

Patch H broke my patch G save too, for what it's worth. Civ crashes straight to desktop with a "Civ 4 has stopped working" message.

Foul

You two, NBAfan and the above poster, need to post your exact A New Dawn installation because once was a weird chance but twice means that there is a potential for some mistake somewhere.

It's probably not worth tracking down. I've already started a new game and everything works fine. But it's probably worth putting a "*breaks saves*" comment on the patch notes.

Foul

It's probably not worth tracking down. I've already started a new game and everything works fine. But it's probably worth putting a "*breaks saves*" comment on the patch notes.

Foul

My point is that only two of you said anything about breaking saves so it may not had been breakage but rather your settings. But OK :).

You two, NBAfan and the above poster, need to post your exact A New Dawn installation because once was a weird chance but twice means that there is a potential for some mistake somewhere.
Just to confirm I have Patch H and my game saves from Patch G have worked fine for me :) I also noticed that the wait between turns is shorter(about 10 to 20 seconds on avg)with patch H.Thanks :goodjob:

I also had problem with savegame broken from Patch G to H. Although I have one thinged changed from regular AND (Germany has FW109 as UU, as I dont understand why this is not standard).

I also had problem with savegame broken from Patch G to H. Although I have one thinged changed from regular AND (Germany has FW109 as UU, as I dont understand why this is not standard).

Do your modification again in wherever you did your modding, then continue the game. That simple :).

EDIT: My screw up. Installed Patch H on a fresh RoM2.92 with out the Base AND1.74. :p (It was late and I'm old! Move along now!)

Something is wrong with the patch H d/l.

Tried twice now and still it won't load. Literally spent 3 minutes closing XML error Msgs.

Tried to get print screens but not sure where they are stored. They are not in My Games\BtS\Screenshot file.

Should I have been holding down the Shift key while the Game loaded, to clear the cache?

JosEPh

Edit: 1st one is GlobalDefines then BasicInfos/CIV4ANDConceptInfos.xml then Tag:UNIYCOMBAT_COMMANDER in Info class was incorrect, etc etc etc. Then it even gives Reason: The element 'bUpgradeAnywhere' is used but not declared in the DTD/Schema. Line 77,22 Source: <bUpgradeAnywhere>0<bUpgradeAnywhere>.
And on and on.

hi, been playing AND for a few months now and love it. Tho ive come across a slight problem with the latest patch....it brakes my saves, im not complaining but figured i'd mention it. Basicly i get a CTD after it finishes loading one save game and the save game thats a few turns befor it CTD as soon as i click load. Standard install of AND. i do have a slight problem with the patch installers.

For some reason even when i disable UAC on windows 7 run as admin and unblock fetures of the ".exe" that windows blocked since it noticed it came from another computer, i keep getting an install error with Marco Polo wonder or something not 100% on that, near the end then it tells me its installed fine but if i run the game it tells me otherwise. Ive solved the problem just requires me to reinstall the patches 3-4 times till it works.

Ok, I have the exact opossite problem. My AND 1.74 save file works perfectly on 1.74H. But no amount of begging will make a new game work. Everytime I try to start a new game (already on 1.74H), it crashes at the "finishing" line. The enabled options window even appear, but the game totally crashes. And whan I say totally, i really mean TOTALLY. I've tried to wait forever to see if it would work and it doesnt. Then when I ctrl+alt+del, even my windows is kinda crashed. Takes a lot of alt+tab to make possible to select the task manager window. Even the cursor is the CIV one, not the normal one.

Anyway, I tried everything. I lost count of the amount of times i cleaned installed and uninstalled the whole Rise of Mankind folder. And I also know my 1.74F save file and new games were working, because yesterday I download the 1.74H but forgot to install it and went to play anyway. Only today when I woke up I realised I was still playing with the old version. So I installed the 1.74H and the problems began.

Any sugestions?

Maybe a lead to solving some video-problems.
It has nothing to do with AND, well not directly, for AND is demanding ....

I had simular problems, patch G worked better, patch H solved things, but in general the collapses became worse: not one turn without (mostly at the end) lose of control, distorted screens, total collapse, system errors and crashes.
I checked my hardware (E6600, P5B-E Plus, 4Gb SDRAM c6400, Nvidia Geforce GTS250 1G) that should be good enough, shouldn't it?
Although the GTS250-videocard can still be seen as rather state of the art, I checked the updates. I discovered an unknown (to me) upgrade of ASUS: BIOSupdate_100312 of 2010/03/12.
After the BIOS-update of my videocard suddenly the ModMod runs a lot smoother. Less crashes.
(An extra effect is that the agonising loud noise of this specific videocard-cooler was enormously reduced)
This is not THE solution, but in general it reminded me that it may be wise to check your hardware at all times!
It indicates that most of these troubles have also something to do with the hardware in combination with the demands of the ModMod.

UPDATE:
Trying further to get it without crashes and the other misery.
Lowering the Graphics Level only does not help.
Lowering the screen resolution from 1680x1050 via 1280x800 to 1024x768 within Graphics Level "High" give a stable result, but :cry: those awfull lower density pictures. Back to the Commodore=64! :lol:
(You might say that my graphics card is gone, but it works perfect on all other software.)

Maybe Afforess and other readers can indicate what kind of graphics card they use themselves with what screen resolution, graphics level and with what result?

I noted that most times the problems are triggered at the moment extra (sub)windows for wonders, discoveries and diplomatical communication appear, like the stack is just too high for the hardware. Is a 1Gb video-memory not insufficient or is the video-page too big in some way?

Anyway a Great MODMOD !!!
Enjoying it everyday.
Greetings,
Viator

Maybe Afforess and other readers can indicate what kind of graphics card they use themselves with what screen resolution, graphics level and with what result?

I noted that most times the problems are triggered at the moment extra (sub)windows for wonders, discoveries and diplomatical communication appear, like the stack is just too high for the hardware. Is a 1Gb video-memory not insufficient or is the video-page too big in some way?

GeForce GTX280 OC - running everything at max @ 1920x1080 - and there's still a delay when the diplomacy screen comes up (but not for things like techs).

I'm also having some funny problems.
Although I've added my own mod under modules that adds a civ, and gives some extra UUs, i haven't experienced anything like this before. I started a game in, i think patch E. Then i upgraded to F. No problems. I then skipped G, and got H when it came out. Now my game is broken, sort of. It crashes on 'initializing' when i try to load, BUT, if i load an old save from the same game, on about turn 100 or so (my game is at about turn 400+ now) it will load. Now it gets stranger: if i exit to menu after loading the old save, and then try to load my most recent save, it loads! But even after playing for a bit on that save, with patch H now installed, i still have to do the same process every time i play, or else it'll crash on 'initializing'.

@Afforess, Could you unveil the specs of the PC you create the MOD on?
At least the graphics card , the screen resolution, the graphics level but some more specs may be even more informative.....

Same request to the co-modders and other readers
and would you let us know how it works with the patch

Greetings,
Viator

Top Bottom