Make a civilization!

Convenant of Kivoria
Leader: Ganno the Exploroer (Religious, Merchantile)
UU: Fanatical Militia (+ Religious) or just Militia (Replaces Spearmen, 6 str +25% v.s. Cavalry. )
UB: Breath of Vorthon (Temple-aqueduct. +1 happy, + 1 heathy, lands around city automatically irrigated if the city is irrigated, 2 Priest slot, 1 Engineer slot. Costs lots of hammers, less if you have a temple and an aqueduct. This wonder is where people worship by pushing the wheels of an irrigation machine)

Religious (Temples +1 happy, 1% chance for free missionary in city, x50% religious civic affect)
Merchantile (Market/Grocer 25%, X2 Forgein Trade routes)

This is a civ that I really like playing as! I convert surrounding lands via economics or religious factors, and I always can draft (without anger?) large crusading armies if someone dispeases me.

Link in signature for example.

Civilization: Compton
Leader: Snoop Dogg or Dr. Dre
Unique Ability: Superior culture that spreads quickly and effectively (because of the rapid rise of Rap and Hip-Hop culture, and its dissemination through underground sources as well as the internet)
Unique Unit: 1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille with shiny spinning rims, gold grills, shag carpet interior and dice in the mirrors (acts as a tank and can do area damage with its subwoofers).

snoop aint from compton

Civ 3rd Ward
Leader DJ Screw
Ability Chopped and Screwed
Unit Candy Car
Building Screw Tape

Civ: Nintendo
Leader: Shigeru Miyamoto
Starting techs: Computers and Mass Media
UU: Either Arwing (replaces Jet Fighter, starts with Interception and Combat 1), Wobbufett troopers (replaces machine gun, nearly impossible to kill, and would consist of Wobbufetts with camo kepis armed with Uzis), Landmaster (replaces tank), Bullet Bills (replaces missle), or Koopa Troopas (replaces infantry).
UB: Game store (replaces supermarket)

Civilization: Assyrians
Unique Unit: Chariot archer - replacement for chariot
Unique Building:
Citadel - replacement for palace (gives increased defense in capital city)
Karum -
Leader(s): Ashurbanipal

Civilization: Hungarians
Unique Unit:
Mounted scout - replacement for scout (scout with extra movement)
Hussar - replacement for cavalry
Unique Building: Kurgan - replacement for temple
Leader(s): Matthias Corvinus

Civilization: Lydians
Unique Unit: Lydian cavalry - replacement for horse archer
Unique Building: Retail market - replacement for market
Leader(s): Croesus

Civilization: Nubians
Unique Unit: Nubian archer - replacement for archer
Unique Building: Deffufa - replacement for temple
Leader(s): Piye

There's already a Dutch civ in Civilization IV, but I'd suggest the schooner be added as a UU in addition or in replacement to the East Indiaman:
Civilization: Dutch
Unique Unit: Schooner - replacement for caravel (caravel with increased cargo space)

Civilization: The Maurya
Starting Technologies: Agriculture, Hunting
Unique Unit: Maurya Battle-Elephant - Replaces War Elephant (stronger)
Unique Building: Pillar of Ashoka - Replaces Monument (gives more culture)

Leaders:
Chandragupta - Aggressive, Imperialistic
Ashoka - Organized, Spiritual

Civilization: Sweden
Starting Technologies: Fishing, Sailing
Unique Unit: Swedish Rifleman - Replaces rifleman 17 :strength: 1 :move:
Unique Unit: Swedish Soldier - Replaces infantry 22 :strength: 1 :move:

Leader(s):
Christian II (Agressive, Imperialistic)
Gustaf II (Spiritual, Imperialistic)

Actually, Christian II was Danish, not Swedish, and the fact that he in Sweden is known as Christian the Tyrant (because of what he did when he did reign Sweden for a year) doesn't make him a very good Swedish leader. Haha.

Actually, Christian II was Danish, not Swedish, and the fact that he in Sweden is known as Christian the Tyrant (because of what he did when he did reign Sweden for a year) doesn't make him a very good Swedish leader. Haha.

Give scania back to denmark

Just for fun:

Imperium of Man
Special Ability: Religous Fanaticism (Religious buildings give experience points)
Leader: God-Emperor of Mankind
UU 1: Space Marine (Replaces whatever that Giant Death Robot unit is)
UU 2: Imperial Guardsman (Replaces Infantry)
UB: Ecclesiarchal Chapel (Replaces Cathedral)

Civilization IV Version:

Imperium of Man
Leader: God-Emperor of Mankind (Agg/Phi)
UU: Imperial Guardsman (Replaces Machine Gunner, can attack)
UB: Inquisitorial Office (Replaces Courthouse, 1 free Priest)

:borg: Civ: Borg :borg:
Leader: Queen of the Borg
UU: Borg Infantry (Replaces Warrior, :strength:- 100, And the Ability to :assimilate:)
UB: Assimilation Center (Produces Borg Infantry Every Turn)

Hmmm...I like this Creat-a-Civ option! It's almost like that Teddy Bear Workshop...

Anyways, here's mine:

Civ: The Olympians
Leader: Zeus, Hercules/Heracles
UU: A God/Goddess (and here is where it goes off into a spinoff-game of Creat-a-Deity - more on that later...)
UB: Temple/Shrine to the UU God/Goddess

So here's the format I'm proposing for this thread:

CREAT-A-DEITY
Deity Name:
Divine Status: (god, demigod, mortal-turned-god, that sort of stuff)
Divine Race: (Olympian or Titan)
Divine Domain:
Picture: (optional)
Greek Alias:
Roman Alias:
Egyptian Alias:
Associated symbols:
Children: (name as many you want, or leave blank)
Known and Unknown Lovers:
Parents: (be creative here! your deity can have THREE parents, like Theseus)
Place of Birth: (Mt. Olympus, Mount Orthrys, Argos, the Void)
Is Your Deity a Monster: (fill in his section to describe what kind of monster your deity is, whether Cyclopes, or something like the Hekatonchieres)

And that will be all! :)

SpartAAAA!

Pros:
Infantry are always +2 stronger than the strongest infantry of the era
Infantry Upgrades Automatically without Research
Conscription results in 20% Happiness Bonus for every Infantry Unit
Conquered Civilizations spawn Conscript (Slave) Workers (2x the level of the city)
Towns are Pacified Immediately (Fear and Awe)

Cons:

Minus 50% Research
Minus 50% Production
Prolonged Periods of Peace Increase UnHappiness
Low City Growth Rate (Conscript Workers can add to city)

Essentially the Spartan Empire and Wars would be fought with only Infantry Conscripts. But it would be a Simple and FUN civ to play because you could forget about all the Headaches of Research Productions. You could Focus on Food and Conquest.

After the year 2020 any civilization with enough research can convert to this civ

Technocrats:

Pros:
+100% Research Bonus
Fantastic New Units
Ability to create floating mobile cities on the water (submerge when attacked for a +5/+10 defense?)

Cons:
Pacificsts; cities will riot after 3 turns in an aggressive war; no rioting for defensive wars
Soldiers are 50% weaker

Civilization Destruction:
If their civilization is destroyed (taken over) a robot AI race of 10-50 VERY STRONG Units emerges from the ocean bottom and attempts takeover of the technocrat cities.
If successful they become the cyborgs and fight on with the same leaders and player (you or the comp) bu the AI is jacked into their brains. (Scary looking leader who appears to be in unending torment or Robocop? lol)

Basically I'm tired of the One Size Fits NO ONE Civilizations. The Sameness is starting to appear to me like White Paint drying on the wall. When EVERY game is trending towards CUSTOMIZATION the civ games are still stuck in "History Teacher Mode" ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ...

Corporate Overclass:

Basically if your running an civ with STRONG Corporations at a certain point your are given the option of 'privatizing' your army, which results in the corporation owning the entire army and then taking over your civilization through PURCHASE of course.

From then on your entire civ's ONLY goal is PROFIT. Your only form of Government is Capitalistic Despotism, citizens have no right but to work. Your goals are ONLY to control the resources of the world and sell them to the highest bidding country. You are given an objectives list with Civ bonuses, such as: Control the area around all of ONE Strategic or Luxury Resource. The more resources you control the larger your private army is and the more money you are given to keep your Corporate citizens happy.

If you fail to reach an objective after 200 turns your civ dissolves back into it's former government (or you just lose?).

After a Nuclear War or the detonation of 10 or more Nukes:

Mutants:

You guys will have to come up with some cool units.

Think Fallout 3 Mutants Super Mutants

Pros:

Conquered Cities become 100% Mutants (Your dip them all in sludge)
Wars raise moral
Conscription raises moral
Starvation Raises Moral
Regular Beatings Raise Moral =)

The second wave of defeated attackers/defenders are captured and turned into mutants (The first wave is always eaten YUMMY!)

Different Infantry Units but all grow into Giants after 100 turns

Cons:
Peace Lowers Moral DRASTICALLY (Riots may occur after 5 turns)
Low Growth Rate (Captured units is the best)
Workers must be purchased (Slaves) workers can be converted into Mutants

Radiation Survivors:

Ranging from normal human to Fallout 3 crispy! (Not fit for consumption)

Maybe a leader with a tree growing from his head? (We fallout fans DO miss him!) Certain units have the potential for going crazy and becoming barbarians but they don't attack you only other civs. They DO however make the other leaders angry at you if you don't kill them before they attack the other civs.

Beaten to the Pirate punchline! Still, I am advocating Tripoli as a Pirate City State!

In the mean time:

Civilization: Genetically Engineered Humans
Capital: SS Botany Bay
Starting Technologies: Eugenics, Cryogenic Freezing
Unique Unit: Ceti Eel - Replaces Spy / Missionary
Unique Building: Escape Craft - Replaces Bunker

Leader(s):
Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn (Organised, Imperialistic)
Khaaaaaaaaaannnn (Charismatic, Expansive)

Ability: Will to Power
Special Quest: The Genesis Device

Crown of Aragon/Catalonia
Leaders: -James I the Conqueror - Traits: Expansive, Creative
-Peter III the Cerimonious - Traits: Charismatic, Financial

Starting techs: Mining, Fishing
UU: Almogavar: Replaces maceman - Starts with city raider (+25% city attack)
UB: Royal Monastery: Replaces Monastery. Gives 5 :culture: instead of 2, but can only be built if it is of the State Religion. *If the civilization changes to free religion, then it works with the religion they had when they changed.

I'm from Catalonia and I approve it! :goodjob:
Is "almogavar" the English translation of Catalana "almogàver"?

Or the almogavars could have amphibeous assaults, since they were mercenaries accustomed to ships.

Top Bottom