Making Fun Of Civilization V

He actually reviews the game, sorta. I think he is supposed to be drunk... (Drunken History Teacher or something like that was his YouTube title) but not sure. I know the video is new because I usually search for civ videos by newest order, and found this one a few days ago. It actually is a legitimate review of civ v though.

EDIT: Oh yeah... his channel is pretty new to... so maybe dubious but still a legitimate civ v review.

It is not a review. Why are you saying it is a review? It is an encoding-failure recording of an abominably circuitous satire IF THAT of playing a Civ game. I don't just toss the word satire around but it's the only thing the contents could hope to be (and they don't make it).

The definition of review is -- a formal assessment or examination of something with the possibility or intention of instituting change if necessary. He does exactly that in the video.

I didn't have any problem watching the video in 1080HD on my computer so I don't know what problems you may have had with the encoding. It looked fine on my computer.

So IT IS a REVIEW... until the definition of the word changes.

People on the internet.... sometimes I wonder if it just a convenient place for them to vent their anger.

EDIT | HOW I FOUND THIS VIDEO SO RELEVANT TO THE CIVILIZATION COMMUNITY AND GAME SERIES TO POST IT HERE: Okay... I was a little bit busy last night, so I didn't quite explain the reason why I found this video so important that I thought it would be relevant to the Civilization community, and I was intent on sharing the content of the video which I found to be the best explanation I have yet to hear of the heart of the metamorphosis of the Civilization game series.

It seems like they are working on balancing and trying to improve and tweak the gameplay without trying to improve the game world immersion. Now, hold on and try and see what point that I am making. You get the video scenes of the leaders and the intro videos, but those things feel out of place as compared to the rest of the game. I am not saying to make the game more like the animation sequences -- so please don't take it that way. I am saying that they aren't an actual part of the game. If you wanted to use your imagination and fully immerse yourself into a game world which your actions are affecting, this game is steering away from that further and further while concentrating on tweaking gameplay.

So, what I think was the intended point of the video author was that there is not enough feeling of an actual game world to make the player feel like he is a part of one. It is more just looking at statistics and making adjustments to improve those. Hopefully you see what point I am making here. I know some people like playing the game a certain way, but I am sure that the lack of a feeling of game immersion breaks the game for others. I kind of wish they would look to improve the game immersion experience, so that you feel like your decisions are actually affecting something with substance.

So what you are basically saying is that the game developers are overlooking a certain demographic of gamers who want to immerse themselves in the gameworld rather than the gameplay?

Reminds me of one of the negative reviews I read on this game where the reviewer used the example of the features being comparable to filling buckets. Wonder how many gamers have felt the same way.

I dont have time to see a video. This is a reason why i didnt really worry about learning deity domination in the first place.

Top Bottom