Malakim and Balance

Malakim are my favourite civ as well. Cre/Fin rocks, with the adaptive trait to be more versatile. As for their world spell, its not weak (its okays), as when you are churning out a domination victory, you can pop out alot of your experienced priests.

As for their hero, i agree that it is waaaay in the wrong area (and late :( too) for a religious orientated civ. I also agree that lightbringers should be cheaper. Its very cool that you can build them and instantly upgrade them into disciples, which then for the big price of 5gp, they have sentry (woohoo!).

I feel this way also. I find lightbringers are hard to justify, but adaptive is very powerful. However, I also find that the world spell can be deadly if used to go for the war to win the game.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I scorch my borders. A nice ring of movement sucking, defense dropping goodness is good to have, especially when you're not equally boned by it.

If Financial were the permanent trait and adaptive let you replace Creative I'd probably like Varn a lot. I love creative during advanced starts, since cities all start with the full fat cross and extra line of sight.it quickly loses its usefulness (especially when you only allow conquest victories). Financial is much more useful latter in the game, once cottages have grown, but usually weak in the first few turns.

I wonder if the following changes would be appropriate for nomads:

1. Population consumes only 1 food
2. Extra trade from roads
3. No farms, cottages, mines allowed - or may be allowed only to give resources, not production
4. +1 happiness from deserts and plains
5. -1 happiness from forests, jungles, conquested improvements
6. Buildings to increase trade route income
7. Option (buildings?) to buy food in cities (something like -5 gold +1 food) if not blockaded
8. Movable cities with some improvements (e.g. courthouse can move but aqueduct can not), loss of 1 pop every turn on-move.

What do you think?

Lightbringers are great if you play on a big map and don't want to have to fight 5 mio barbarians all the time, nor want to build plenty of small cities which ruin your economy. just place some lightbringers in the wildlands, and everything shines in the sun, no evil will creep out of the shadows.
I don't like financial and +2 :culture: is most often more worthy (don't have to build obeliscs in newly conquered cities).

I wonder if the following changes would be appropriate for nomads:

1. Population consumes only 1 food
2. Extra trade from roads
3. No farms, cottages, mines allowed - or may be allowed only to give resources, not production
4. +1 happiness from deserts and plains
5. -1 happiness from forests, jungles, conquested improvements
6. Buildings to increase trade route income
7. Option (buildings?) to buy food in cities (something like -5 gold +1 food) if not blockaded
8. Movable cities with some improvements (e.g. courthouse can move but aqueduct can not), loss of 1 pop every turn on-move.

What do you think?

So you want to make them incapeable of getting a good amount of gold or production and make the only way to get food by spending alot of gold?

That just seems like a big nerf for them with nothing to make them still able to compete...

Personally I've always thought that Varn Gossam should have financial as a permanent trait and creative as the "adaptive" trait. This would, in my opinion, balance him out with other players.

Many times I've thought of playing as the Malakim, but been turned away by the "adaptive" financial trait, and fixed creative trait.

Al

ncapeable of getting a good amount of gold
Opposite, but not from cottages, etc. Just enough multipliers for trade routes (X10? X30? total). Plus road bonus, may be 2 gold by default, 3 with financial.
But minimal production, and unstable food.
Weak but fast military with +50% withdraw, commando, bonuses in plains and deserts. May be earlier sand lions and scorch.

i have two wishes for the nation Malakim

1. when i choose the new adopitiv trait, a popup where i can read what the new trait can...

2. a counter where i can see for how long the trait will go or end; and for howmany time left i can choose new...

i have two wishes for the nation Malakim

1. when i choose the new adopitiv trait, a popup where i can read what the new trait can...

2. a counter where i can see for how long the trait will go or end; and for howmany time left i can choose new...

On normal speed you can change your trait every 100 turns starting at about turn 96... so the next is 196 then 296 and so on....

Since it's every 100 turns you can check what each trait does the turn before you change it....

Top Bottom