Mammoths (28/03/10)

Absolutely awesome art! I especially appreciate the armoured medieval mammoth: you've given us a possible upgrade of the older ones! :goodjob:
I also love the slow, lumbering walk of these beasts.

Pointless four-month bump is pointless.

Be friendly guys. I'd also like to see more of Liu's stuff on. I'm still fretting over his withdrawal of Carthaginian war elephant. Anyways, this isn't a competition ;)

@Plotninus; great additions to the already stunning beasts. The medieval version rocks me socks =)

:bump: ... Big time!

But I just learned that mammoths still walked the Earth when the Great Pyramid of Giza was being built. :egypt:

:D
Fascinating (as Spock would say)

I don't think this is as far fetched as it sounds. Surely there must have been some overlap of prehistoric creatures and the beginnings of the world as we know it now.

I'm going to have to do some research on this.

Which is precisely why I'd so very much like an Elephant Worker Unit.
Strong and Powerful animals as they were and are, I totally understand :yup: ... but remember to treat them well because "an Elephant Never Forgets" :wow: and neither do Slaves :backstab:

Strong and Powerful animals as they were and are, I totally understand :yup: ... but remember to treat them well because "an Elephant Never Forgets" :wow: and neither do Slaves :backstab:
If you read through Sir Samuel Baker's book on Wild Beasts and their Ways, which can be found on Project Gutenberg, you will also discover that they can be a tad unpredictable, especially the males.
Some elephants remain passive throughout the year, while others appear to be thoroughly demented, and, although at other seasons harmless, would, when "must," destroy their own attendant and wreak the direst mischief.

Top Bottom