Many Leaders Game 3 - Prince Domination

@ Bindamel - Generally prefer no reloads but accept the reasons behind it.

Well done to Ralph and Bindamel for their victories. It also confirms njorls as our bronze medal winner.

I'm waiting to hear from r_rolo1 and pigswill as to when we may have the complete set of games (what about your shadow pholk?). We will then conduct the leader ballot. Hopefully we can have the details sorted for a start next weekend.

I'll try to finish my game until wednesday..... I'm with 2 SGs in hand ATM and hoping for a third in my lap Tuesday.... But doesn't matter too much: I doubt that I'll finish before 1920ishs ( clearly was a mistake to let Shaka build the Mids.... :blush: ), so I'll be one of the last

Well the starting grid for MLG4 looks something like this. pigswill has Civ burnout and isn't continuing.

pholkhero
Bindamel
Ad Hoc / r_rolo1 ??
mice
azaris
pawelo
Kodii
Ralph Jackson
yena
njorls
Ozbenno
TriviAl

If anyone above doesn't want to continue let me know. Start putting in your preferences for leaders from now either in the thread here or by PM. If people above you haven't selected you can put in a wish-list of leaders and you can grab the highest one available.

The map will be Hemispheres (keep using the new BtS maps). Other details will be the same as other games (normal speed and standard map).

Anyone have any comments on improvements we can make to how the game is run?

I'll probably start up a new thread tomorrow or Wednesday for MLG4 (looking at a weekend or early next week start) and post a wrap of MLG3 here after r_rolo's game is in.

Oz,
Are there any limitations to the choice ?
I mean - no creative trait for example.

Oz,
Are there any limitations to the choice ?
I mean - no creative trait for example.

No limitations. All leaders are able to be picked. There are different ways to win by culture, leading to different people prioritising different traits (for example I rate Creative lowly for a culture win others will have it first priority). This will make it (in some ways) more interesting to observe others games as they will play out quite differently.

I'll probably start up a new thread tomorrow or Wednesday for MLG4 (looking at a weekend or early next week start) and post a wrap of MLG3 here after r_rolo's game is in.

Hey, I'm still here! If you post a wrap after rolo's save is in, you'll have to redo it when I finish mine. It can be next year and the thread will be in the historic, but I AM gonna make it! :p

No limitations. All leaders are able to be picked. There are different ways to win by culture, leading to different people prioritising different traits (for example I rate Creative lowly for a culture win others will have it first priority). This will make it (in some ways) more interesting to observe others games as they will play out quite differently.

Guess this means no restrictions on use of the culture slider as well? i've seen a couple of games where this is resticted.

Time for some serious thinking about leaders i think, i've never got a culture win above noble so it's going to be a challenge.:eek:

No restrictions on culture slider, just win by culture anyway you can.

Have gotten a few leader selections by PM (and TriviAl and myself are trying to determine the relative merits of Shaka and Genghis) but not from the first few, so pholk et al, can we get some leaders!

Good to see you're still planning to finish FB!

The first couple of leaders taken can be announced. Still need to hear from r_rolo1 and mice as to their leader (as well as all those after Kodii except njorls).

pholkhero - Augustus Caesar
Bindamel - Pericles
Ad Hoc / r_rolo1 ??
mice
azaris
pawelo
Kodii
Ralph Jackson
yena
njorls
Ozbenno
TriviAl

I'm going to start up the new thread today sometime. It'll take a couple of days to fill the roster and get all the leaders picked and then a couple to generate a start and get all the saves ready (I can't do this until all the leaders are picked), so probably be starting the new game early next week.

I've got a couple of options to consider for the start of MLG4 and I thought I'd throw them out for opinions here (and not pollute the new thread yet).

No goody huts is one. I'm leaning towards this as an option, takes a bit of randomness out of the game.

The other is the starting unit. I basically made a mistake the last two games by giving everyone the same starting unit (scout in both cases). I'd prefer to now create the saves properly this time and give scouts only to those with Hunting as a starting tech (that's right isn't it?).

No goody huts is one. I'm leaning towards this as an option, takes a bit of randomness out of the game.
I'm voting in favor of killing the goody huts. Unfortunately, this also brings up the debate about random events. IMHO, I feel that random events could play a bigger difference in a game than goody huts. I would vote NO goody huts and NO random events, or else keep both.
The other is the starting unit. I basically made a mistake the last two games by giving everyone the same starting unit (scout in both cases). I'd prefer to now create the saves properly this time and give scouts only to those with Hunting as a starting tech (that's right isn't it?).
Definitely assign starting units to the appropriate civ, given that it isn't too much of a hassle. And yes, scouts are given to any civ that starts with Hunting.

I'm voting in favor of killing the goody huts. Unfortunately, this also brings up the debate about random events. IMHO, I feel that random events could play a bigger difference in a game than goody huts. I would vote NO goody huts and NO random events, or else keep both.

I thought about random events after I posted this. I fully agree. Either keep both or remove both. It makes it a harder decision as (good or bad) events are a big part of BtS. Still probably lean towards taking them out but willing to be persuaded otherwise :mischief:

Well, I like random event except for the occasional barbarian uprisings at 3000BC :(

The events add colour to the game. My preferred option is huts off/random event on, but if it comes down to on/off for both, I say keep them on.

Events and huts change things like these from just being exercises in scientific execution...keep them on :p

I always play with huts and random events on. This is a tournament, but it's a friendly tournament. If you win, you get some bragging rights and the chance to play as Tokugawa in the next MLG Diplomatic game since all the diplomatic leaders will be chosen already. So I'm fine with huts and events on but I like people starting with a scout only if they start with hunting. I changed my scout to a warrior this game.

Top Bottom