Many Leaders Game 4 - The Cultured Monarch

Well everyone has a leader now. It was interesting that no-one picked Zara (many people had him low on their prefered lists) and Mansu was the last to be picked.

There are many different types of leaders selected, hopefully meaning many different routes to victory. Good to see Monty get a run with azaris. He is one of my favourite culture leaders, starts with Mysticism, is Spiritual (a really strong trait for Cultural victories) and has a whipping block as a UB (the whip can be really useful too).

Financial is the favoured trait (6), followed by Industrious (5), Philosophical (5), Spiritual (5), Protective (4), Creative (2), Imperialistic (2), Charismatic (1) and no love for Expansive or Organised at all.

I went for leaders I haven't played before/very often in my list (just finished an AU game with Zara).

I look forward to an interesting mix of culture games: religion driven, wonder driven, cottage fueled, and GP driven. The map can through up some interesting and challenging terrain, too.

Good luck to everyone!

Well I have a starting position for you in the first post. For those too lazy to go back, here it is again...

It's definately a "should I move the settler" type of start. Was hoping to be on floodplains or at least on more of a river but you can't have everything. Seems a good food site for those of a philosophical nature.

Holy Sushi!

Could have been much worse, with sushi on a river financial and philo have a clear advantage. Nice to be starting with Fishing :)

Holy Sushi!

Could have been much worse, with sushi on a river financial and philo have a clear advantage. Nice to be starting with Fishing

The cheque is in the post Oz :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a shame nobody picked Zara - I thought he'd have gone really early. Be curious to see how well his UB works in a culture game. Can't work out why, but my games as him always seem to go well - and he's also one of the leaders the AI always seems to do really well with?

Bah - wish I'd noticed Hatty hadn't gone already - she was my top choice as I wanted to play with the cheap buildings and prophet spitting monuments. Ah well, it shall be RCPC (Ragnar Crush Puny Culture!) instead. :)

To generate the saves I start a game with the 15 other leaders (having used Huayana for the starting save), save it in World Builder and use this world builder save to copy and paste to generate the 16 game saves.

Why are you telling me this Ozbenno :rolleyes:? I hear you ask. Well, this was the start generated in that save.

Imagine a financial civ with this start (2 gems, clam,ivory, corn)! I want to use this one :cry:

Anyway back in my cage...

Ohh - I'll have some of that save too - could you just WB another 4-5 fish in again? :)

Great to know how to change the civ like that - never did know before - not the most obvious method, but it makes sense!

not forgetting the gems are on rivers as well. i think all of us wouldn't have minded this start either.

Is the voting open ?
Is such case, I think I know where my vote go as fin :)

About Zara - he was 4th on my list, I haven't foreseen nobody will pick him otherwise I would push him up on the list.

For me, de Gaulle was an obvious choice after Ramesses was taken already. Of all the Industrious Leaders de Gaulle is 2nd on my list - I really like the combination Ind/Chm. This also gives a hint already about my gameplan. Rock'n'Roll ! The start doesn't seem so bad, the city will most likely end up as GP farm choice (and therefore one of the big 3) unless something better shows up soon.

Imhotep

Just to get things right: Is it allowed to read the other reports at the end of a round or is it SGOTM like only allowed after the end of the personal game ?

Personally, I think QSH was the best choice. The Chinese theatre replacement gives a massive 25% bonus, half a cathedral. It would be even better if QSH maintained his Vanilla traits of Fin+Ind :eek:

But, ofcourse, I like my wang ;)
Pericles is pretty hot, too, with his UB/trait synergy: could give an extra Great Artist compared to a regular Philo artist farm.

Maybe we'll all be admiring your wang though :faint:

In hindsight, I should have placed Zara higher :)
Anyway, Willem was my second choice and is a very powerful one. Financial & Creative for magnificent early research should allow me to grab all interesting cultural wonders.
Another brilliant choice is Lizzie - too bad Ad Hoc took it just before me :)

·Imhotep·;6130708 said:
Just to get things right: Is it allowed to read the other reports at the end of a round or is it SGOTM like only allowed after the end of the personal game ?

Once you've submitted your report, you are free to check out other peoples games. Discussion is encouraged as well (in spoilers of course).

Top Bottom