Map ideias for CiV

I know the game hasn't been release yet but I belive we could start working on some map ideias for CiV. I am thinking of designing some myself but everyone who wants to help me feels free. The first one I was thinking is an Earth 18 civs map similar to one Rhye made on CIV4 with civs starting on there historical positions. Of course we would also have the city-states starting by there historical positions. So what do you think?

Sounds like a plan. Would be awesome on the largest size.

Was it Rhye who made the relative size of continents depend on their "importance", as in how many civs are there and the wars they will be waging?

Sounds like a plan. Would be awesome on the largest size.

Was it Rhye who made the relative size of continents depend on their "importance", as in how many civs are there and the wars they will be waging?
I believe so.

I want a Giant Earth Map.

A giant Britain map would be great, or a Europe map with England starting on the British Isles using their powerful navy to defend their coasts and strike terror across the map.

Whole world maps arent as preferable for this because then the British Isles would be too small.

I'd love to see a map of British Isles designed for a mod like the Viking Invasion expansion for Medieval Total War.
Essex, Mercia, Northumbria, Scots, Picts, Vikings, Irish, etc.

All these ideas sound pretty cool. It'd be nice if there were some way to give us a map creator before the game release. I dunno how you'd separate that from the engine, but maybe in the demo? I know, I know... no friggin way.

The Giant Earth map might be better for Genghis_Kai to do. I am pretty sure he will do it. But there are some good ideias here.

I'd love to see a map of British Isles designed for a mod like the Viking Invasion expansion for Medieval Total War.
Essex, Mercia, Northumbria, Scots, Picts, Vikings, Irish, etc.

That would be awesome! King Oswald of Northumbria for the win! :D

Kozzer, the map editor is going to be standalone. The first article that mentions it stated so.

A giant Britain map would be great, or a Europe map with England starting on the British Isles using their powerful navy to defend their coasts and strike terror across the map.

Whole world maps arent as preferable for this because then the British Isles would be too small.

Not on GEM. It works pretty well on GEM.

Kozzer, the map editor is going to be standalone. The first article that mentions it stated so.

And the map makers rejoiced.

How about a europe map with the whole of europe, not cut off in central scandinavia in favor for northern africa?
That bugged me a lot.

Also a lot of maps focusing on smaller regions of earth, like the Caribbean, Scandinavia, British Isles(As has been mentioned), Japan, France, Iberia, Arabia, Italy, India, Indochina, China, NA East coast, Na West Coast, Great Lakes, Gulf of mexico, Central America, the Balkans, Central Europe, Australia... Well, I hope you get my point.

I always liked creating a fortress map(or scenario) where the player starts in a valley with abundant resources, and surrounded by a wall of mountains with a few choke points do defend against the other civilizations who live beyond the mountains, and who all hate your guts.

I find this most agreeable. Now, in the spirit of asking too much, it'd be awesome if we got the mapmaker before release (maybe with the demo?) so we can have our maps ready to go the first time we fire up the game! :D

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, I remembered that they said the new worldbuilder won't be within an actual civ game - as in you don't start a new game with, say, the Romans, then go in to the worldbuilder - but rather it'll be an option from the main Civ5 menu. Are you saying it'll be a stand-alone program? In any case, I suppose it's not too crazy to think that they'll give us the map builder in the demo. Crazy, to be sure, but not too crazy.

Can you post a link to it? So I can have a look?

[URL="http://www.thekartel.com/deletedscenes/blog/2010/03/11/civilization_5_gdc_sneak_preview"]TheKartel[/URL] said:
As we mentioned earlier, the world-builder tools will ship with the game, but this time available as a stand-alone program.

Here.

The first one I was thinking is an Earth 18 civs map similar to one Rhye made on CIV4 with civs starting on there historical positions. Of course we would also have the city-states starting by there historical positions. So what do you think?

18 of the city states are in Europe. This map will be so fun.

Top Bottom