Map of Erebus - Unofficial FfH2 Map

I'm playing a game now as the Lurchip. I've never played this civ very much, but this is a pretty fun game.

As usual, Banor & Malakim were wiped out early. :( Then Doviello, Khazad, and the orcs (!) all declared war on me within a few turns. I was neglecting my military, but I was somehow able to fend them all off. I only had 4 cities but I was out teching everyone like crazy. (I tried out aristocracy for the first time, works well with a financial civ).

Eventually I was able to recover enough to fight back instead of just defend myself. Fire-ball throwing iron golems helped a bit too. :)

Khazad are now my vassal. :)

I just had an excellent game where I started as the Lanun and out teched everyone while staying peacefully in the islands. Meanwhile the Khazad started gobbling up civs on the mainland. The Bannor & Elohim were both reduced to very few cities, at war with multiple civs. The Bannor were somehow able to survive (though with just one city) while being at war with the Clan, the Doviello, and the Illians.

I decided to send a settler to the mainland and built a new city just south of the Bannor (some civs were eliminated and Bannor were choked, so there was a bit of space available. Then I used a great engineer to rush-build the Mercurian Gate in that city. I switched to the angels, ready for holy war. :)

The Bannor & Elohim both pleaded for my help and offered to become my vassals if I defended them against their enemies. No problem. :D My holy angels first targeted the Illians & Clan of Embers and who were giving the Bannor grief. I retook some old Bannor cities from the Illians and gave them back. One city had the temple of the hand built in it, all the land around it was ice. I hadn't before realized the usefulness of those temples, but they make cities mostly useless for other civs to take. Interesting.

Having given the Bannor a bit of a stronger foothold I decided to go after the Clan full force. I took several of their cities for my own uses. The Mercurian empire was growing. With two cities left the goblins capitulated. Groovy.

My army of angels was growing nicely. I switched to Order since I felt it was a more fitting religion than OO (obviously). Sadly BOTH Order heroes died. Grrr. I was strongly tempted to reload, but whatever, I could kick ass without them. I charged back north to take on the Illians, I took their only remaining city not surrounded by ice and then they capitulated. I sent a detachment down to visit the Sheaim (who apparently were too backwards to even build roads... ugh). They capitulated without firing a shot.

Soon after the Doviello decided to go with the crowd as well. They decided to become the Lanan/Mercurian vassals as well. So now Bannor, Clan of Embers, Illians, Doviello, Sheaim, Lanan, Mercurians & the Elohim were all united in one massive alliance. I was able to get the Bannor, Clan, Elohim & Doviello to switch to Order too. Yay!

I figured I'd build up my forces for a bit, but the Khazad decided to declare war. They had conquered the Luchuirp, Malakim, Hippus & some of the Calabim, so they were somewhat formidable. The holy alliance would not be stopped however! My angel army started to slowly cut through their defenses and roll back the impressive Khazad. They were able to take some Doviello cities, but I've sent some troops up to assist them. I just finished taking the old Malakim cities. Next onto the Dwarven homeland!

Bug report (CTD): apparently your map no longer works with Wild Mana 6.0 -- it crashes to desktop the minute I try to start a new game on your map. Too bad, I was looking forward to an Erebus-conquering session with the changes in WM 6.0. I'll have to make do with random maps for now...

Damn that's too bad. I just did a version of the map for the Orbis mod. Check it out here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13602

I guess at some point I'll need to look at the Wild Mana mod as well. Though I thought much of that was now incorporated in the main FFH2 game?

Very nice map indeed. :)

One question though: What gamespeed would be best for this map? Normal seems way too fast for a huge map (then it's just a total builders game), while marathon seems very slow. So I'm guessing epic speed?

I dunno, I think any speed works. I usually play normal just because I don't have time to sit through the longer speeds. If I do have the time then I do enjoy the longer ones. But it is rare that my computer can handle the map by the late game anyhow, haha.

I have been playing the WildMana ModMod with the Erebus Continent (random) map for a couple of weeks now, and have had no issues to date.

Since Ive downloaded the Erebus Continent (random) map that has been the only way I have played FFH2 and now WildMana, it is a perfect match as far as I am concerned.

Great work guys:goodjob:

I've played this map three or four times now, for about 300 turns on epic speed, and there are a couple of things I've noticed.

Firstly, Runes of Kilmorph spreads fast and wide in the centre of the larger continent, easily converting the majority of the civs there and forcing them towards neutral/good.

I'm not sure why, but the Malakim seem to dominate from the very early game. Although they have a lot of desert, there aren't many civilisations in close proximity to them. Perhaps this is why?

Although the description for the Ring of Carcer says it is found in the frozen wastes, in this map it is located in the equatorial band of the smaller continent.

Playing as the Bannorn, it is very easy to block both the Clan of Embers and the Illians off from the main continent, which I think has an adverse affect on their development (could be wrong on this).

In the three or four single player games on noble difficulty, not a single civilization died out. Yet in two multiplayer games, civs were dropping from the first few turns.

Otherwise, I have been really enjoying this map.

I played 3 games so far. The Malakim:

1st died quickly
2nd were present, but not much of a factor
3rd became my vassals rather early

So I can't second that they're overpowered. The Bannor starting position is not bad, but without player help they tend to struggle with wars from all sides, especially once the Doviello switch to full scale war against them. Illians, Lurchip and Sheaim struggle to expand and build up any strength. Clan is doing fine, mostly. Hippus and Vampires can become quite an early game war machine and conquer the half main continent.. until they meet the player ;)
(just playing on Prince or one higher, though)

MrS

I've played this map three or four times now, for about 300 turns on epic speed, and there are a couple of things I've noticed.

Firstly, Runes of Kilmorph spreads fast and wide in the centre of the larger continent, easily converting the majority of the civs there and forcing them towards neutral/good.

I'm not sure why, but the Malakim seem to dominate from the very early game. Although they have a lot of desert, there aren't many civilisations in close proximity to them. Perhaps this is why?

Although the description for the Ring of Carcer says it is found in the frozen wastes, in this map it is located in the equatorial band of the smaller continent.

Playing as the Bannorn, it is very easy to block both the Clan of Embers and the Illians off from the main continent, which I think has an adverse affect on their development (could be wrong on this).

In the three or four single player games on noble difficulty, not a single civilization died out. Yet in two multiplayer games, civs were dropping from the first few turns.

Otherwise, I have been really enjoying this map.

Interesting. The Malakim usually die out quick in my games. Glad to see they are doing better.

You've played the map in MP? I'm jealous!

I used this map for a regular game of civ, a pitboss diplogame with 13 players. It is going pretty well so far!

For most of the civs I tried to find the best Civ BTS equivalent. So Dwarves --> Celts, Bannor --> Rome, Malakim --> Egypt, Hippus --> Mongols, Doviello --> Vikings.

Right now the Egyptians & the Romans are the two top civs in the game. The Egyptian economy absolutely outstrips everyone. The Romans have a pretty strong production base and war machine and are currently at war with Egypt, but having trouble with Egypt's superior technology.

It is much fun. :D

Unlike other diplogames there aren't any stories, but the set up thread is here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=190645

HI,

How do i change one of the leaders on this map. Went into world builder but am a bit of a noob so couldnt figure it out. Just want the other calabim leader, the one with the financial trait.

Any help would be great, looking forward to playing it :)

I'm 300 turns into my game. Huge maps are stable, but slow on my computer. I'm playing the Bannor on Monarch, and doing well. I got into a border skirmish with the Doviello to start, while the Hippus jumped on the Clan of Embers early and wiped them. I build the Bone Palace which kept the Illians friendly for a while as I beelined Order.
Order is now the dominant religion on the continent. The Malakim to my southwest founded Empyrean, the Sidar of all people founded Leaves. The Lanun got OO and spread it to the Luchuirp as may be expected, and to the Svarts--not so much. The Khazad have Runes and spread it to the Doviello, who don't like me enough to switch to Order.
To the south, the Calabim managed to piss off their neighbors, so between me, Amurites and Elohim, they got wiped. Meanwhile the Hippus and Sheaim were tearing up the Ljos. Then Auric tried to attack, and found out that he was not Mulcarn. Shifting units from south to north takes a long time on this map.
The Amurites had fired off Arcane Lacuna, so no terraforming for me. Then the Sheaim bought Hyborem into the fight. He started far to the south, nearest the Amurites. I bought the units back south, waited for Arcane Lacuna to expire, used a Great Merchant I had found in a dungeon to kickoff a golden age so I could switch to crusade without any down time and as soon as Lacuna expired, fired off Rally. Look at all those Demagogs!
With Valin Phanuel at 15th level (helps that Sabathiel is charismatic) and Donal Lugh at 12th, I absolutely curbstomped Hyborem, burning Dis and a neighboring barbarian city they had captured to the ground. The AC is still in the teens, and my next target is the Sheaim who had summoned Hyborem in the first place. I have an isolated city I had taken from the Calabim building the Mercurian gate, but will still take another 25 turns or so.
In other news, the Grigori got wiped out (presumably by the Balseraphs) and the Kurios are still unknown. The Council of Esus has yet to be founded. Also, the Svarts made nice and converted to Order. Why they did and not the Ljos I don't understand.

I'm 300 turns into my game. Huge maps are stable, but slow on my computer. I'm playing the Bannor on Monarch, and doing well. I got into a border skirmish with the Doviello to start, while the Hippus jumped on the Clan of Embers early and wiped them. I build the Bone Palace which kept the Illians friendly for a while as I beelined Order.
Order is now the dominant religion on the continent. The Malakim to my southwest founded Empyrean, the Sidar of all people founded Leaves. The Lanun got OO and spread it to the Luchuirp as may be expected, and to the Svarts--not so much. The Khazad have Runes and spread it to the Doviello, who don't like me enough to switch to Order.
To the south, the Calabim managed to piss off their neighbors, so between me, Amurites and Elohim, they got wiped. Meanwhile the Hippus and Sheaim were tearing up the Ljos. Then Auric tried to attack, and found out that he was not Mulcarn. Shifting units from south to north takes a long time on this map.
The Amurites had fired off Arcane Lacuna, so no terraforming for me. Then the Sheaim bought Hyborem into the fight. He started far to the south, nearest the Amurites. I bought the units back south, waited for Arcane Lacuna to expire, used a Great Merchant I had found in a dungeon to kickoff a golden age so I could switch to crusade without any down time and as soon as Lacuna expired, fired off Rally. Look at all those Demagogs!
With Valin Phanuel at 15th level (helps that Sabathiel is charismatic) and Donal Lugh at 12th, I absolutely curbstomped Hyborem, burning Dis and a neighboring barbarian city they had captured to the ground. The AC is still in the teens, and my next target is the Sheaim who had summoned Hyborem in the first place. I have an isolated city I had taken from the Calabim building the Mercurian gate, but will still take another 25 turns or so.
In other news, the Grigori got wiped out (presumably by the Balseraphs) and the Kurios are still unknown. The Council of Esus has yet to be founded. Also, the Svarts made nice and converted to Order. Why they did and not the Ljos I don't understand.

Very cool. :goodjob:

Hello, first off just like to say I'm loving FFH, but your map looks incredible. But I do have some questions. I'm kind of new to the modding ways of Civ, slightly different to other games and to be honest I've been a bit too lazy to check the tutorials. Anyway, I was wandering if there was a way to change the preset civs on this map/scenario? I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a heads up on this. Thanks

Anyway, I was wandering if there was a way to change the preset civs on this map/scenario? I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a heads up on this. Thanks

Worldbuilder files can be opened with your favorite text editor (e.g. Notepad). The civs are specified near the top of the file, and you can just edit in your changes and save to a new (or overwrite the old) file. Warning: if you make any spelling mistakes, things will not work right!

Does anyone know how accurate this map is?

I ask because I like maps. If the origins of this mod truly were in a D&D campaign, I've very positive Kael made some maps, probably many before he settled on a geography.

So what exactly is it really supposed to be like? Or are we talking about a map that just happens to fit the scenarios?

Top Bottom