Map of Erebus - Unofficial FfH2 Map

The art changed in 0.34. cities are now specific to each civ. So in any old map, you need to change:

ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_<civ name> (like ARTSTYLE_BANNOR)

instead of ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN. The file I attached in the previous post has artstyles corrected for 0.34.

A FANTASTIC MAP INDEED! Good job Ozzy!

I encountered one balance problem. In my game (Amurites), Luchuirp got destroyed by Dovielo around the turn 60, and soon did Illians too (by a barbarian wright). So I lost the willto play any further.. : (

Barbs are really pesky in v0.34, so maybe civs should start a bit "reinforced"...

Oh, and another thing! There's a Necrototem between Elohim and Amurites?! Imho, not at all a place for it. Maybe the unique terrain features need to be rearranged more lorewise or at least flavourwise...

Playing now; are you sure that Illians shouldn't start near Letum Frigum, lore-wise (as well as strategically, to limit the Doviellos in the west)? Then again, it might be a bit unbalancing. Just a thought.

A FANTASTIC MAP INDEED! Good job Ozzy!

I encountered one balance problem. In my game (Amurites), Luchuirp got destroyed by Dovielo around the turn 60, and soon did Illians too (by a barbarian wright). So I lost the willto play any further.. : (

Barbs are really pesky in v0.34, so maybe civs should start a bit "reinforced"...

I'm very glad you like the map! :goodjob:

I generally play with Raging Barbs, there are usually a civ or two that bites it from them. Or from an aggressive civ. I think it creates a more dynamic game. There are already more civs on the map than originally intended, so the barbs are being squeezed a bit already. I think making the game a fight for survival is a good thing. :) Hopefully the AI will be boosted enough for everyone to survive the hordes.

Oh, and another thing! There's a Necrototem between Elohim and Amurites?! Imho, not at all a place for it. Maybe the unique terrain features need to be rearranged more lorewise or at least flavourwise...

A necrototem isn't a unique terrain feature as far as I know. So it gets placed randomly at the start like lairs and such. Start up a new game and see if it is still there. If so, then I can fix it.

Playing now; are you sure that Illians shouldn't start near Letum Frigum, lore-wise (as well as strategically, to limit the Doviellos in the west)? Then again, it might be a bit unbalancing. Just a thought.

Well in most of my games the Doviellos never need limiting, they need a boost if anything. So I'm glad to see them doing so well. As for Letum Frigum, since it is the only other source of Ice mana in the world I didn't want to guarantee that the Illians get it. Though if they make it a priority they can still have it before Doviello. It is close enough to give Illians an easy shot at it (if they prioritize it) but not close enough to guarantee it. Which I think is good for the game.

The Illians have an extremely fascinating starting position. Ya have to rush for Mining if you want to stand a chance research-wise though. :eek:

Also, will we be seeing the map updated soon? I'd really enjoy seeing my cities, especially since I want to try so many civs out on the map.

As for that Necrototem, it always spawns in between the Amurites and Elohim, so far as I can tell.

I generally play with Raging Barbs, there are usually a civ or two that bites it from them. Or from an aggressive civ. I think it creates a more dynamic game. There are already more civs on the map than originally intended, so the barbs are being squeezed a bit already. I think making the game a fight for survival is a good thing. :) Hopefully the AI will be boosted enough for everyone to survive the hordes.

Sure, but we shouldn't be letting this infanticide escalate any further. I think there should be a universal peace until turn 100 on normal speed, or simply "an archer for everyone! it's on the house!"
Ok, I'm sorry, it's me... I'm an isolationist...:rolleyes:
Oh well, I guess it would have gotten pretty cramped and slow once all of the civs had developed... I never did care much for the dwarfs anyways. :mwaha:

A necrototem isn't a unique terrain feature as far as I know. So it gets placed randomly at the start like lairs and such. Start up a new game and see if it is still there. If so, then I can fix it.

It's there alright, but no big deal, I gave it to Sheaim :) they'll make use of it.

Well in most of my games the Doviellos never need limiting, they need a boost if anything. So I'm glad to see them doing so well. As for Letum Frigum, since it is the only other source of Ice mana in the world I didn't want to guarantee that the Illians get it. Though if they make it a priority they can still have it before Doviello. It is close enough to give Illians an easy shot at it (if they prioritize it) but not close enough to guarantee it. Which I think is good for the game.

In the second game, the "poor" Dovielo wiped out the Illians. Hm, I wonder if they'll maintain their vigor in the mid-game...

I generally play with Raging Barbs, there are usually a civ or two that bites it from them. Or from an aggressive civ. I think it creates a more dynamic game. There are already more civs on the map than originally intended, so the barbs are being squeezed a bit already. I think making the game a fight for survival is a good thing.

I agree; this is one of the things that makes this map so much fun, not to mention that the fact that different civilisations die early in different playthroughs adds to the replayability. Besides, effectual aggressive AIs are always nice to see.

As for the Letum Frigum, the gameplay reasoning does hold. I just thought that the Illians had a special connection with it lore-wise, but come to think of it, it does make sense that they might've been expelled from there by Doviello, and now, having regrouped in the far north, are plotting their return.

Anyway, judging from previous games and from Erzherzog's replies, it seems that it is not uncommon for the Doviello to be successfully aggressive and for the Dwarves to be particularly hard hit by the barbarians. Especially the Luchuirp - I am yet to see them thrive under AI control so far. If it's not the barbarians, it's the Khazad.

Yea... I'll see what I can do about boosting the Luchuirp. Sadly they have been placed in three different locations on this map and they don't do very well anywhere. The AI might just have a problem with them in general.

How have the Malikkim been doing? They often get eliminated too, but I boosted their land a bit in the .34 version to give them a bit more production. Are they any better?

Malakim are doing fine in my games, except they are having some Health issues and therefore stagnate in terms of expansion... Perhaps a health bonus or two...

Ozzy, do you know what this may be? (see attachment) I haven't noticed it before. but then again I never looked...

Attachments

• bannor.JPG
    bannor.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 248
The Malakim have quite a few sources of Marble. :eek:

What you could do to lower the amount necessary, and to make it so that Flood Plains aren't completely overwhelming, is put some hills inside the desert. Nothing huge, but it might be a better general answer then placing a lot of Marble resources. ;) I've also found out, by using the plot yield display that some of the deserts next to rivers aren't Flood plains, though it's nothing too serious.

Should some Unique features suppose to be near to another civ?

Like Mirror of Heaven should be near Malakim and Pyre of Sep(something) should be near Clan.
Don't know if it's meant to be in this way what it is on your map, but i'd like to see more "realistic" placement to Unique features.

I know, not hard to change myself, but if this suppose to be realistic FfH lore map, Unique features should be placed better.

Actually in Mirror of Heaven- pedia is said that it's in Malakim lands IIRC. Well... something about Malakim, but to me MoH should be in Malakim lands, not in Sidar lands like it's now when they expand a little.

The Sidar are more closely related to the Malkim than you think:

The Sidar would break off from the Malakim, as they were formed by men using the Books of Laroth that Varn took with him out of the Shadowed Vale which were presumably stored in some Empyrean monetary until Sandalphon found them.

Top Bottom