[Map Script] Full of resources

All right...I don't understand. Has anyone else gotten this to work on Realism Invictus? I sensed a general consensus that the two were incompatible until I read this comment. But I haven't been able to get it to work.

Try the one in C2C, it "might" work, never know. . . SO

I really love this map script, but just curious, why doesn't it seem to add any flood plains?

Have you turned the desert or river percentage low? In my experience, the two are directly related (FP basically just occur when desert and rivers meet). I haven't noticed any paticular problems with it.

Umm this script IS still compatible with FFH, I'm not sure what your trying to say - its not hard to ignore them...

I like to remind people that this mapscript still exists. I would like to see more customization with it, such as the complete variation of map terrain, map size increase, and more control over sea to land ratio. Most of all, use a dual core.

Why was I quoted there?

Fun way to play:

Archipelago,
land and sea resources to 100,
unrestricted leaders,
Elizabeth of the Netherlands

:EDIT: It's all good until you reach sushi. All of my cities with 100+ population and deficit in the thousands per turn...

I know it's 2022, but I still play Civ4 because I consider it the last "true Civ", far way better and funny than Civ5 and Civ6.
I play with my friends via LAN or Internet, and the Full of Resources v3.11 is a real game changer that allow us thousands (really!) of hours of game.
The question is: is the 3.11 the last update? No more versions after that?
Ther are some glitches in some maps and minor bugs, founded after many many games played; not serious things, but I was wondering if the developer of FoR is still in activity or not...! :p

is the 3.11 the last update?
I'm currently in my annual 'month of Civ4' :)
As far as I can tell—which isn't too far—3.11 is the last version of FoR. I play with it all the time, and works generally great still.

If I've identified the correct file—not easy, the way they get spread around so many drives and folders—my FoR is dated May 14th 2010.

I may not have said this before, but Thank You Sto, you've improved my Civ4 experience :)

Can you suggest a map script that would make a map simulating our Earth without mechanically copying our map? So that in general it looks plausible?

I was wondering if anyone was able to write such a script?

Not sure what you mean, and which map is "our map"?

I assume you know of the built-in Terra map, and the various other 'Earth' map scripts.
Yes, of course, but I mean both realistic climate and realistic terrain. I was able to find scripts that produce good relief, but good climate - no.
Even on the Earth map, the topography and climate bear little resemblance to our own, the present. This gives away the flaws of the map generator. We play in our world, and the map turns out whether the Martian, or something else, but not about our world.
In short - the permafrost zone is weak, there is little tundra, deserts are not where they should be. (((
There is a manual map, Terra, but its problem is the limited additional options, and weak compatibility with mods
In general, all options with problems

Last edited:
Can you suggest a map script that would make a map simulating our Earth without mechanically copying our map? So that in general it looks plausible?

I was wondering if anyone was able to write such a script?

Yes. Perfect world simulates Teutonics, simulates climate (rainfall, etc.), then uses that to generate a Civ4 map. The script is quite slow, but the worlds are quite realistic:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/map-script-perfectworld2-py.310891/

I fixed a bug the map script had where meteor hits caused seaside tiles to be impassible mountains, as well as making more options selectable in Civ4, not to mention an option for extra-huge maps:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/totestra-a-new-perfectworld2-fork.461262/

Last edited:
Yes. Perfect world simulates Teutonics, simulates climate (rainfall, etc.), then uses that to generate a Civ4 map. The script is quite slow, but the worlds are quite realistic:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/map-script-perfectworld2-py.310891/

I fixed a bug the map script had where meteor hits caused seaside tiles to be impassible mountains, as well as making more options selectable in Civ4, not to mention an option for extra-huge maps:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/totestra-a-new-perfectworld2-fork.461262/
I understand, of course, the script is good, it is the best. And yet it has a problem with the climate. You can see it with the naked eye.
Take a look at this

See.
1 The interior of the continent automatically forms a desert on most of the continents. We end up with a simulation of Australia. he only way not to become Australia is to be in latitude next to Canada or Norway, to see that northern continent.
2 The tropical belt, that is, the spike in humidity at certain latitudes, is absent or weakly pronounced. Conversely, there is no drop in humidity at desert latitudes (the so-called sub-tropics) either.
3 There is no de facto permafrost zone, and the tundra zone is weakly expressed. Forests grow on literally 1-2 cells from the belt of glaciers.

Top Bottom