[Map Script] Full of resources

I love this map generator but I have an annoying problem for me that I don't know how to fix. There is that option for Ground where you set the smallest size a land mass / island can be. It's suppose to erase any lands that are below that size as I understand it. Problem is the default is 1 and I can't change it. Doesn't matter what number I put in there it reverts back to one even if I save it. If I do "Verify" like I read somewhere around here for a similar problem it just goes back to 1.

So I get maps with alot of little islands when I just like continents mostly or small islands. Even the pangea(sp?) I'm playing now has some small islands when it's suppose to be 1 huge continent. I've looked at the files that come with the download but I can't figure out where the default setting of 1 is stored even if I do a save to my own map file.

I was thinking if I can't change it there I could atleast edit the default number to use all the time. Hope someone still checking this site cause I love the flexibility of resource management and nice maps but that part is really annoying so I been using Smartmap which does really nice continents without alot of strips of lands.

The map script does not change the generation of plots except with some other settings. This setting is meant to remove the little islands after generation and not define the landmass before generation.

the defaults limits for this setting is between 1 and 7 (1 does nothing, since any landmass has at least an area of 1 tile). i've been able to change this setting without problems in this range.

If you want to change these limits you can edit the script in "def initValueLimits():" around line 15446 :

Code:
        limitTerrain["island"] = {
                "description" : getSMenuText("TXT_TERRAIN_ISLAND") ,
                "porder" : 9 ,
                "nbtilesminisland" : {
                        "porder"    : 0 ,
                        "parent"    : "" ,
                        "limit"     : [1,7] ,
                        "drawfunc"  : "Value" ,
                        "txttag"    : "TXT_TERRAIN_NBTILESMIN" ,
                        "cbfunc"    : "Sto_DummyCallback" ,
                        "tooltip"   : ["TXT_TERRAIN_TIP_NBTILESMIN", ""] ,
                        "listitem"  : None ,
                        "listcomp"  : None ,
                        "nbperline" : None
                        }
                }

Tcho !

Great, didn't think you'd still be around checking. Thx for quick reply. Didn't know about the limit.. I was always doing atleast 10. Gonna check it now.. See how it works.

Worked good.. thx.. Perfect map generator.

Any news about compatibility with Realism Invictus? Would be very nice to be able to use your map script with this mod. (Best mod ever imo)

Any news about compatibility with Realism Invictus? Would be very nice to be able to use your map script with this mod. (Best mod ever imo)

i'll get a try after chrismass. do you have the log of the crash (in the for folder) please?

I found a bug that prevented the screen to show up. However it crashed on the game initialization. Sorry but the problem seems to be complex with some module of realism invictus. I tried to remove some components of the script without success and i have no log to help.

Is there any way to force both pole axis to be crossable. I have generated maze map many time and the poles are almost never crossable.

Is there any way to force both pole axis to be crossable. I have generated maze map many time and the poles are almost never crossable.

i've just generated it with the toroïdal option and the pole is crossable !?

just generated maze with 4 wide and north and south pole was not cross able.
Here is the debug

ty for the log. you have 2 wrap options selected with maze -> when there is multiple selections with an option the script choose at random.

you should try with only toroidal to check if there is a problem. (i got none)

First of all, thanks so much for all your efforts putting this together!

I been playing with it for a little over a week, exactly what I need!

BTS is one of my all time favorites, now a question:

I see how to add extra starting advances, BUT, how do I add say 5 settlers, 5 Fast Workers to start with?

In advances a new drop down is available, but with extra units, I dont see how to add more than one type of unit?

Im sure it is pretty easy, Im 52 years old and a hack wanna be scenario maker.

I love making games for me alone, single player since Im disabled, can play my length be it 30 turns or 300 turns.

Thanks so much for any feedback!

Gramps

One other issue, starting gold, it wouldnt take?

Any suggestions?

In WB you can only MAX out 5000

I see in your program ifin you put on Random, you can pick 1 to 10000

What is the most starting gold possible?

Thanks

Gramps

First of all, thanks so much for all your efforts putting this together!

I been playing with it for a little over a week, exactly what I need!

BTS is one of my all time favorites, now a question:

I see how to add extra starting advances, BUT, how do I add say 5 settlers, 5 Fast Workers to start with?

In advances a new drop down is available, but with extra units, I dont see how to add more than one type of unit?

Im sure it is pretty easy, Im 52 years old and a hack wanna be scenario maker.

I love making games for me alone, single player since Im disabled, can play my length be it 30 turns or 300 turns.

Thanks so much for any feedback!

Gramps
All the dropdowns in one "line" are made to select easily a unit by combat type. But whatever you choose, you select only one unit type. By default there is nothing selected there.
there is an editbox where you can enter the number of this unit you want. A check box is you want it for humanplayers, ai or both.
You can also force the type of the unit if you'd like : let say you have selected fast worker. By default the script will adapt the unit to worker if you don't force the unit to be placed for all civilizations.

then use the second pack for a second unit and so on. the dropdown automatically added is blank and add no other unit.

One other issue, starting gold, it wouldnt take?

Any suggestions?

In WB you can only MAX out 5000

I see in your program ifin you put on Random, you can pick 1 to 10000

What is the most starting gold possible?

Thanks

Gramps

I've put the limit in the script to 10000. It's just an arbitrary value. Initialy this option is made to support the cost of additionnal units at the start of the game. Especially for AI when you add some units, animals, barbarian cities.

All the dropdowns in one "line" are made to select easily a unit by combat type. But whatever you choose, you select only one unit type. By default there is nothing selected there.
there is an editbox where you can enter the number of this unit you want. A check box is you want it for humanplayers, ai or both.
You can also force the type of the unit if you'd like : let say you have selected fast worker. By default the script will adapt the unit to worker if you don't force the unit to be placed for all civilizations.

then use the second pack for a second unit and so on. the dropdown automatically added is blank and add no other unit.

I've put the limit in the script to 10000. It's just an arbitrary value. Initialy this option is made to support the cost of additionnal units at the start of the game. Especially for AI when you add some units, animals, barbarian cities.

Ok, I must have missed something, did a complete reinstall of BTS

Now I reinstall your script:goodjob::king::goodjob::king::goodjob:

I missed what I was trying first go around

I added 4 fast workers and then below
added 4 settlers and then a couple Great Artists:cool::blush:

This is what I been looking for all along, will be playing the heck ut of this map script!

Grandpa Troll

im using with rise of a mankind a new dawn mod but it only generates grassland and lotsa tundras.Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is there a way to enable more rivers in the maze map? Seems you only get any using the balance options for only starting place. :)

could you support c2c ?
there are new features not existent if using FoR in newest version

Does this script deal with highlands?
I can't find it.

Top Bottom