[Map Script] Random Map Script v4

I was using this before I took a break from Civ4. Now I'm back to find a new patch 1.61 and wondering if this mod still works with it.

Does anybody know?

I was mucking around with the files of Civ4 and loaded the random map mod as well.

For those who only want proper maps included in the random map generation(as in whole worlld maps with oceans, not the land mass ones, or the multiplayer ones) I tried removing these unwanted maps to a temp folder and kept only the ,maps i wanted included in the random generation.

It worked so I could have continents, islands, pangae, archipelago, ice age etc etc included in the random maps, which meant greater unpredictability of what to expect in each game when exploring.

Problem is after a few turns (maybe 10 or 20) the game crashes with no error message and takes me back to Windows.

I was liking my new adventure with Civ and using this technique until it crashed on every occasion (even when loading a saved game it always crashed at the same point...but for every new game it would crash early in the game, but never on a consistent turn...could be 10 turns, or 15 turns, it always varied)

I havent played Civ since, and I want it working using this technique (as Im sure others would also)

Has anyone discovered a way we can get random maps which will only include single player world-ocean maps? (eg: the ones I mentioned above)

cheers

Top Bottom