MapScriptTools (.. and Associated Maps)

Is there any possibility for you to make Archipelago, Big And Small, ErebusContinent, WorldOfErebus work with this?

Well for 1.01 I added PerfectMongoose_3101_mst and for 1.02 Planetfall_101_mst. I guess I'll try to continue the tradition to bring another script into the family with the next release, which I'm working on, but which will (also traditionally) take a while.
So to answer your specific question the chances are good for one of them. :mischief:

And is there an easy way to add compatibility for the others? ;)

Yes. :king:
Actually that's fairly easy. For the overwhelming majority of map-scripts it should be enough to follow the steps, which are shown in the 'How To Guide' of my 2nd post.
Basically you have to copy a template - that you can find at the very end of MapScriptTools.py - into the map-script and go through the template line by line, follow the comments and either adjust corresponding original function-names and call them, or just comment out the original.
It shouldn't take more than an hour or so to establish basic compatibility unless you want to add more user-options, which may take a bit longer. You might want to take a look into Ringworld3 at the 'Custom Map Option Interface' code and use that as another template.

Good morning once more,
I've downloaded latest MapScriptTools but I have a weird problem: SmartMap_922_mst doesn't appear in my map list. The file is there but I can't see it into the game. Any hints?
Thank you.

Temudjin: I tried to contact you via PM, but it seems that you disabled that option. I wanted to ask you if you would be okay with me releasing updates to MapScriptTools. After discovering MapScriptTools I included it with my ModMod and started tinkering with it. I have fixed some issues and I have been adding new features. After a request made in my ModMod's thread, I would like to release my updated version as a standalone for everyone to use. I have been using to develop my changes at the following URL. In the Downloads section you can select "Download repository" to browse the files more conveniently. I have also attached them to this post.

https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/mapscripttools-for-civilization-iv

Although it is still a beta, the changelogs of each map script and of MapScriptTools are already updated with my changes.

Attachments

• MapScriptTools - work in progress.rar
    306.3 KB · Views: 202
Hello all .
I found this thread today and I must say I am very pleased.
Three years ago I added terrain_marsh , which disappeared over time .
Once this script has meant that I have marsh back in the game. ( While also things to terrain marsh -bound )
I want to ask if there is someone who would be able to add this adjustment to
Planet_Generator_0_68.py
I use this script in particular for his choice to minimize water squares .

can me and people who use Planet_Generator_0_68.py someone help , please?
thanks for the reply

I would expect that terrain_marsh will generate more around rivers also (obviously not all) but even so the script works superbly .
And I will try your modified version, Terkhen .
I like the new terrain_coast relief .

hrochland: I'm sorry, but I have never used that map script.

Thank you and please tell me any problems you encounter, but keep in mind that the version I linked isn't complete or intended for being distributed yet (although to my knowledge everything should work).

The latest version that I downloaded works fine.
To summarize , what I think is essential to your work .
1 / rugged coast - excellent , no need to change anything .
2 / marsh - great, maybe it would help generate more marsh around rivers and lakes.
3 / in the embedded file FracturedWorld_102_mst.py the choice of smaller and larger maps, but it is not good ... it is not your job . You've just customized to work with your script .

4 / The Power of the Planet Generator script is that people with weak computer can choose a small map of the continent and increase choice : max 30 % water . So get a big continent on a small map .

If you know of someone who can merge points 1 , 2 and 4 , making a simple and very useful script for normal game with bts 1,19 :)

In any case, your work is good and I will use it sometimes , I enjoyed the marsh and rugged coast

2 / marsh - great, maybe it would help generate more marsh around rivers and lakes.

In my opinion the amount of marshes is good but sometimes excessive. It's mostly a matter of taste, I guess. MapScriptTools allows to tweak the amount of marshes generated by changing the parameters of MarshMaker.initialize.

Thanks, I'll try to play around with it :)
Any idea on large continents on small maps ? The point is that the ocean around the mainland remained :)

Top Bottom